Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone been to the new Ice rink?

Options
  • 03-12-2007 7:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭

Wondering has anyone gone to the new Ice rink out salthill? Gonna go there after the exams. Hope its good.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Yeah, expensive bit its a once off. Good craic with a few people together. Blades are blunt as fcuk but what do you expect. Try to go early in the day, by night time the ice is like snow (if you get my drift) - They dont clear the ice all day.

It's a pretty small rink but just about acceptable size - you wont get any crazy speed up because you cant get a grip on the corners (due to blunt blades) unless you really dig in your foot at an angle so the ice catches either side of the blade. The blades are like |_| rather than \/

The boots are SOLID PLASTIC and will dig into your feet. I was in serious pain leaving (was relieved to get them off)

TIP: Bring a spare pair of socks, they will get soaked when you have to take your boots off to put your runners back on (Take off boots, your sock hits the wet carpet from the ice while you stand there while they get your shoes - geddit?)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

how much is it?

Is it nailed down this time?

cost me 11.50 as a student

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭fruitbat

Went last night and was all good fun. Just so you know, though...

We bought our tickets, and the girl at the till watched myself and my friend count out all the change from our pockets to make the total. Went in, got skates....

- "Is there anywhere I can leave my bag? I'm really bad at skating, handbag will increase likelyhood of falling, you know...."
    - "Yes, it's 2 Euro to leave your bag"
    - "2 Euro? Is that a deposit? That seems very expensive after spending 17.50 for 45mins."
    - "No, its not a deposit, you don't get it back"
    - "I haven't got 2 Euro. I just spent all my change getting tickets.... Oh well, I'll just have to carry it...."
    - "You are not allowed handbags on the ice."
    - "But I haven't got 2 Euro. Can I pay by card?"
    - "No"
    - "But I haven't got 2 Euro. I have 70 cents? Will that do?
    - "No, its 2 Euro"
    - "So what should I do?"
    - "I dunno"
    - "Go and get my money back?"
    - "Well you can if you want"

We got it sorted in the end but did miss about 15mins of our session.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭ambasite

fruitbat wrote: »
    Went last night and was all good fun. Just so you know, though...

We bought our tickets, and the girl at the till watched myself and my friend count out all the change from our pockets to make the total. Went in, got skates....

- "Is there anywhere I can leave my bag? I'm really bad at skating, handbag will increase likelyhood of falling, you know...."
    - "Yes, it's 2 Euro to leave your bag"
    - "2 Euro? Is that a deposit? That seems very expensive after spending 17.50 for 45mins."
    - "No, its not a deposit, you don't get it back"
    - "I haven't got 2 Euro. I just spent all my change getting tickets.... Oh well, I'll just have to carry it...."
    - "You are not allowed handbags on the ice."
    - "But I haven't got 2 Euro. Can I pay by card?"
    - "No"
    - "But I haven't got 2 Euro. I have 70 cents? Will that do?
    - "No, its 2 Euro"
    - "So what should I do?"
    - "I dunno"
    - "Go and get my money back?"
    - "Well you can if you want"

We got it sorted in the end but did miss about 15mins of our session.

they are fully embracing the spirit of Christmas then? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,099 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Do a Happy Gilmore and take off you skate and chase her.That ll teach her :)

Um, you must be ugly or somethin.

The GF asked if she could put her handbag with her runners. No problem. Then she asked if she could put her jacket and scarf, no problem. Then I asked if I could throw in my own jacket. No problem :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭fruitbat

JohnCleary wrote: »
    Um, you must be ugly or somethin.

yep I guess so

Advertisement