Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transfer dealings

Options
  • 03-12-2007 7:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone got any tips on the transfer market in FM2008? I was on another forum and I saw a guy who bought players through paying £1 million plus clauses including:

£40 million after 50 goals
    £40 million after 50 appearances.

Would this be a smart move? It sounds to me like a recipe for financial ruin.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,067 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

If he was a defender, then 40mill for 50 goals would take a long time... You always get to see if player works out, if he does after 40 games, then prepare for the hit, if he doesn't sell on before he reaches 50 games..

Does sound like an odd little offer though...

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭fortuneg

I've a problem signing youngsters at the moment.

Trying for Henri Saivet & I get to offering him a contract, I can meet (but tend to exceed) all his demands except his signing on fee which is £100,000, my board will only allow me to give him £14,000. And every time I ask the board about changing that they say I should spend more time on the training pitch & less in their office:)

Is there any way around giving players exactly what they want & still getting them to sign?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Perhaps try giving him a more important role in the team. Instead of a 'Hot Prospect', try label him as 'Backup for the first team'. Not only will this encourage him to sign, but it may also allow you to offer more as wages or more of a signing on fee. Try offer as much as you can afford in bonuses too, including a yearly wage rise.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

I think the transfer negotiation process needs overhauling.

Advertisement