Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

ABS kicking in frequently

Options
  • 03-12-2007 7:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭

I've recently acquired a 99 Corolla, the first car I've owned with ABS. In the last few weeks I've felt the ABS kicking in fairly often, usually at low speeds, and I don't think I've been braking particularly heavy. My tyres are in good order and are at the correct pressure. The roads have been wet, obviously, but I don't think the ones in question were exceptionally slippery. Is this normal or is my braking foot a little too heavy? Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

From what you've said, the first thing i'd wonder is whether the car is on cheap tyres?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

Thats a possibility alright, there's sometimes a bit of wheelspin when accelerating at roundabouts etc. I must check the brand.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭mondeo

Also your tires maybe over inflated so their not gripping proper ie: floating...
    30psi is usually the standard

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

It could be dirt in the ABS trigger wheel, or maybe a faulty sensor. What you describe could easily be down to a heavy braking foot.

Advertisement