Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What time is the update at?

• 03-12-2007 7:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 682 ✭✭✭

Anyone know what time the xbox 360 is out tomorrow?
    Is it just after midnight or could it be the afternoon?
    it's the first time i have had an update so not sure what time they are normally released.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,680 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Well according to the Major Nelson podcast it'll start going out at 02:00 Pacific, which works out at about 10 AM our time tomorrow I think. However they said it may take up to 4 hours for everyone to receive it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Bros123

Well according to the Major Nelson podcast it'll start going out at 02:00 Pacific, which works out at about 10 AM our time tomorrow I think. However they said it may take up to 4 hours for everyone to receive it.

Won't be waiting up so!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

I wouldn't anyway. Wait at least 4 hours after it comes out so other people can test this update.

There's been more than one update from more than one company that has bricked a product in the past. Don't risk being the first user to install the update. Wait until you know there are no issues with it first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Bobalicious93

grand i can just download it when i get home from school 2moro it should be fine by then

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

grand i can just download it when i get home from school 2moro it should be fine by then

We have our guinea pig :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

There has already been a problem found with the update.

http://news.filefront.com/warning-problem-found-with-xbox-360-system-update/

I didn't realise a new feature of the update would allow you to change your e-mail address that is associated with your LiveID.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

anyone have a link for where i can download the update to disK??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

I didn't realise a new feature of the update would allow you to change your e-mail address that is associated with your LiveID.

Was reading about this on XBOX forums and they say they will have a fix out within a few days.

http://forums.xbox.com/17102451/ShowPost.aspx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

So has anyone downloaded it yet? If not ill probably go do it im not scared :rolleyes:

hey bucks sweet gamer picture ;)

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭el dude

I've downloaded it. I've noticed when you press the xbox button on your pad it reacts much quicker, which i have to admit was something that bugged me. Layout on Markeplace has been changed...again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 274 ✭✭rcs

Anyone try DivX with it yet ?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

downloaded it was hoping it would read divx off a disk not for me anyway :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,680 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

mayordenis wrote: »
    downloaded it was hoping it would read divx off a disk not for me anyway :(
    Reads off a dvd-r fine for me. You have to go into the disc via video in the media blade.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,117 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

In fairness to them though that is going to be a problem with the forums rather than with the update itself. This is actually something I was trying to do before though so that I could merge my Live! account with my MSN one that I setup seperately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

el dude wrote: »
    I've downloaded it. I've noticed when you press the xbox button on your pad it reacts much quicker, which i have to admit was something that bugged me. Layout on Markeplace has been changed...again.

I also noticed that it seems to load your theme and log you in before it boots to the dashboard, and then it logs you into live (but this could just be because it was the first boot after applying the update...)
    Much prefer it that way anyway, it was fairly annoying the way it took you back to the top of a menu if you were trying to go to something before the theme had loaded

/edit
    yup, it was only the first time that I'd booted after updating :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

just downloaded this second, first reaction

**** the dashboard is moving fast :P

significant increase in speed.

Aint tried a divx thing or avi yet will do soon though

marketplace looks much better imo, faster to browse through and easier to see cool new features.

other then that, what other changes are there :P

o and xbox originals, that looks a gr8 thing

also 120gb HD's can now be bought seperate, at a not so reasonable price

I imagine the divx has to be renamed and AVI to work does it?

Or does it work with .divx files?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,647 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Anyone have a link to all the changes contained in the update?

faceman wrote: »
    Anyone have a link to all the changes contained in the update?
    http://www.xbox.com/en-US/support/systemupdates/20071204-features.htm

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,647 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Thanks, guess i should have checked there myself!

Just noticed the 20 gamer points i got for completing an achievement playing COD4 the other night havent been added to my account! WTF?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭ciano1

YAY under 18's can now use windows live messenger :D:D and you can also add contacts through your xbox

phew i was trying to change the email address of my gamertag today but it wouldnt let me because the address was already on another gamertag

i was messing around with the video tab and stumbled across something

before update i could never access my pc, i dont have media centre.

but now, its letting me stream video content and pictures and music from my pc
    at this very moment im browsing youtube

Anyone else notice this?

youtube, in crisp resolution, on a 32inch tv, is class

im here looking up top sties

i didnt see an update for web browsing

or have i got a major, deadly, bug :P

*premature ejaculation there, videos fail after buggering*

But as a query, how would i go about viewing **** from my pc to the xbox, its picking up my pc connection which it enver did before, just now need to now how i make things work.

Like if i have a movie on the pc i want to stream, how do i go about doing it?

btw recent release of winamp shows support for xbox 360, that got anything to do with it?

I updated without issue earlier and played a few problem free games of COD4. However xbox live appears to be down now!!

was getting serious lag on halo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭Lord Deco

yup it works ,i've just watch heroes through my usb drive and watched a .avi that was on a dvd-r written as data...

Very nice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Kazu

updated can watch heros now class

Works brillantly. Just watched Heroes too at good quality. Ms are gods (but only for tonight)! I can watch a lot of my AVI's now. Not all but I'm not too upset about the ones that aren't playing as that's mostly stuff that friends gave to me that I wasn't all that interested in anyway. I'm just glad I can watch any of them on my 360 as before, I couldn't watch any of my files without TVersity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭JackKelly

screw heroes, i'm watching kenan and kel!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

Another one here watched Heroes on USB key. Sweet.

TheDoc: I have always been able to access my PC and laptop from the Xbox. They must have windows media player 11 and have sharing to xbox turned on and of course be on the same network.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

My 360 is not reacting well to the update!!! It's gone very sluggish all of a sudden and the screen froze 3 times while playing an XBLA game from my harddrive! Had to turn of the console with the front button 3 times. Never had to do this since I got it in Feb.

Anyone else having any issues?

Advertisement