Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What time is the update at?

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

Batesy wrote: »
    My 360 is not reacting well to the update!!! It's gone very sluggish all of a sudden and the screen froze 3 times while playing an XBLA game from my harddrive! Had to turn of the console with the front button 3 times. Never had to do this since I got it in Feb.

Anyone else having any issues?

Try clearing your cache in case something is in there that shouldn't be. You'll have to Google how to do this, I've never had to.

Some of the files are probably cached on the HDD and causing the irregulaities if nobody else has reported the problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

Seems to have done the trick. Cheers Brim.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,117 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

From the full list of changes that appeared here:
    Improved enforcement of Windows Live ID and Gamertag Regions
    So might have more trouble getting those US only downloads from the marketplace now.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

Noob Question here:
    I haven't connected my 360 to the internet yet, are these updates absolutely necessary?
    Also, how does it work? do I just connect my 360 to a internet connection and do all the updates I missed just download automatically?
    Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 595 ✭✭✭hottstuff

My elite was lagging in the dashboard after the update yesterday.
    COD4 was practcally unplayable in anything other than private match too.

MS will ruin a good thing with this stupid FOF updates.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

jayteecork wrote: »
    Noob Question here:
    I haven't connected my 360 to the internet yet, are these updates absolutely necessary?
    Also, how does it work? do I just connect my 360 to a internet connection and do all the updates I missed just download automatically?
    Thanks

The updates are enhancements for the 360 but contain security updates too. I don't think they are neccessary for the 360 to play games.

When you connect, you'll be asked do you want to update the available update. It'll probably keep asking you every time you turn it on until you do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭2347

faceman wrote: »
    Thanks, guess i should have checked there myself!

Just noticed the 20 gamer points i got for completing an achievement playing COD4 the other night havent been added to my account! WTF?!

That happened to me once just unplug it for a while and it should be fine:D

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

hottstuff wrote: »

MS will ruin a good thing with this stupid FOF updates.

Might just leave this update if that's the case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭coady

dpnt think the update has anything to do with COD4 , I reckon the servers are not able to handle the traffic. I updated and have no issues at all

coady wrote: »
    dpnt think the update has anything to do with COD4 , I reckon the servers are not able to handle the traffic. I updated and have no issues at all

Maybe , but it has certainly made both my dashboard and COD 4 laggy.
    I seen 15 of my friends freeze up and restart numerous times last night.
    Remeber with all this new information available , like viewing all of your friends , Friendslist , its bound to affect all profiles , mid-game or not.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,117 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

brim4brim wrote: »
    The updates are enhancements for the 360 but contain security updates too. I don't think they are neccessary for the 360 to play games.

When you connect, you'll be asked do you want to update the available update. It'll probably keep asking you every time you turn it on until you do.
    The udates are only compulsory if you connect to Live, that is both the individual game patches and the dashboard updates. I think some newer games will also include the dashboard updates that have previously come out so that people who are not online will get them also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

hottstuff wrote:

Have you tried the clear the cache thing that seemed to work for someone else above?
    I think it's hold LB+RB when you're booting the Xbox - but a Google search will give you the exact steps.

Have you tried the clear the cache thing that seemed to work for someone else above?
    I think it's hold LB+RB when you're booting the Xbox - but a Google search will give you the exact steps.

No , but there again it is a month old Elite.
    Andf clearing the cache is only really beneficial if you have downloaded a lot of game updates , dashboard updates etc.

Advertisement