Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

beretta ultralight

Options
  • 03-12-2007 7:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭

being looking at one, does anybody know what they are like?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

If it fits you buy it. Look after it and it's a heirloom to be. Wouldn't be surprised one of your grandchildren is going to be shooting it if it's looked after properly.. . If I had the money to afford one I would have bought a Beretta or a Browning ages ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Auldloon

Have used one and i loved it. Own a Beretta 686 myself which i love but when im in a position to get back to more shooting i will be looking to change to the ultralight.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭Jonty

I believe the Ultralight suffers from soft firing pins. I'm open to correction as always:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Auldloon

• Registered Users Posts: 39,355 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

I have heard that because it is so light there is considerable recoil to be felt. Can get uncomfortable after a days shooting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭macnab

Mellor wrote: »
    I have heard that because it is so light there is considerable recoil to be felt. Can get uncomfortable after a days shooting.

A friend gave €1600 for one secondhand. Yes recoil is greater because the gun is light, I wouldnt use it for clays for that reason. As a hunting gun its fantastic. Its light, handles beautifully and I have seen it kill at extreme ranges. Fit and finish are quality.

The fact that i'd be hunting means that Im still considering it, but would like to try it out first,
    im sure it will be fine for most hunting, but a full days piegon shooting means alot of shots

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭3greenrizla's

i have heard of one where the nickel or engravings or something started to peel off and the fellow got rid of it after a few months for a browning. probably impossable to get them second hand, what else would i get for the same money new or second hand 2000euro?

I wasn't aware they were plated?
    I thought they were a aluminium alloy, in fact I was pretty sure of it as a plating would wear off most sufaces quickly.

Advertisement