Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

xbox to force video ads with update!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

Funny and apt reply from that link:

"It's about time that my paid Live account received some sort of advertising. I was getting sick of paying for a service and yet not being inundated with ads."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Lets not overreact yet. No where even hints they are forced, you can disable the ads that are on Live now and maybe they're are as simple as a CSI ad playing when you enter the CSI section of the market place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

Eh the point remains that I am paying for a service that is free from other providers and the servers have gone too much lately.

On top of this they now want to advertise products to me so they can make more money from me than they already do and more money than the competition do.

If this is the next gen Ms envisage then in the next gen, I'll choose another companies product. Preferably one without a massive overheating design flaw and DVD stabilisers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

It doesn't mention anything about it at all, why get worked up?
    It could be we will have ads and free Live soon or free video content on the marketplace supported by ads. Why assume the worst and get all worked up?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

Because Ms will no doubt try the crappy option first if there does not appear to be resistence to it.

Is that link down for anyone else?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭Keith186

brim4brim wrote: »
    Because Ms will no doubt try the crappy option first if there does not appear to be resistence to it.

Is that link down for anyone else?

No working fine.

Bandwidth is crappy enough without video/audio ads using more...:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭Kristok

Meh, really who cares apart from a few over reactors. I get ads now in live i see them i dont care, if its a video i still wont care. They wont force you to watch anything they couldn't get away with it and i doubt they even would consider doing it. I can only hope they make a fortune off the adds turn a profit and get rid of paying to play games on live.

Bring them on i say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,503 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

Kristok wrote: »
    Meh, really who cares apart from a few over reactors. I get ads now in live i see them i dont care, if its a video i still wont care. They wont force you to watch anything they couldn't get away with it and i doubt they even would consider doing it. I can only hope they make a fortune off the adds turn a profit and get rid of paying to play games on live.

Bring them on i say.

Fool....The ads are bull crap and more penny pinching by ms for a player to player service. They don't give us dedicated servers for our games! I mean damn! That should be free to begin with. They better give us some kind of money for these ads. As simple as giving us free access to their player dependent service!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Fool....The ads are bull crap and more penny pinching by ms for a player to player service.
    Then just disable them in your options...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,503 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

Ciaran500 wrote: »
    Then just disable them in your options...

Thats not the point senor. They are there and most people will have no idea how to turn them off.

• Advertisement
Advertisement