Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas build....

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,093 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

For an extra £30 you could get 4GBs ram.

http://www.aria.co.uk/Products/Components/Memory/DDR2/DDR2+800+%28PC6400%29/GeIL+4GB+PC2-6400+Black+Dragon+%282x2GB%29+?productId=29676

You can save €20 buy going with this 8800gt.

http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.aspx?sku=343127

You could also save more money on delivery if you buy it all in the same place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭allen175

i don't have anough money to go up to 4gb of ram. and im getting the case and gfx card after christmas.

is there a difference between the 2 gfx cards??

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,093 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

The one I linked to has lower clock speeds but you should be able to overclock it to the speeds of the one you linked to easily enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭Timmins

Get 2 x 250GB drives, and run them in a striped RAID array, to maximize read/write speed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Don't buy that OCZ psu, I have one, noisy as fcuk, noisiest thing in my case. I'm changin to a 620W corsair modular

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    Don't buy that OCZ psu, I have one, noisy as fcuk, noisiest thing in my case. I'm changin to a 620W corsair modular

+1... they are good PSU's but very noisy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I have the same PSU, I don't find it that noisy, it's definitely audible but nearly the quietest thing in my case...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭allen175

thanks, im goin to go for a hiper 630watt instead!

Advertisement