Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Exams dates

Options
  • 03-12-2007 9:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭

hi all,

as the subject says - does any one know when the college are going to release the exam dates or are we going to be left in limbo for another few weeks !

thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Havent heard, but ill find out tommrow.

Expected it this week, maybe not though..

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Mini

thanks sully - I will be around the college myself tomorrow night = but to be honest I am not that hopeful.

When are classess offically finishing up - Is that next week? I'm only studying at night ,so not in complete touch with the full time college courses.

thanks

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

College finishing Friday, Study week starts Monday.. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

Its rediculouse that the exam timetables have not been given out /made up yet. Any lecturer that has been asked within the past two weeks was suprised that the exam timtables are not out yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

The only timetables that I've seen are the ones for exams before Christmas!

• Advertisement

Its a disgrace that they have not given them out yet!! Most people have broken off for the holiday by now!!

Ah thats WIT, fairly disorganised and late!

Ill see what I can find out tommrow, iv just been pretty busy during the day to find out the delay. Ill try have an answer for ye tmrow ;)

Timetable to be finalised today, and put up on the WIT Website Monday or Tuesday. However, the dates are confirmed to start on Thursday 3rd January - Friday 11th January.

The reason for the delay is there trying to put them online and will no longer be posting them / printing them.

Sully wrote: »
    trying to put them online

This is supposed to be one of the best IT IT's ( lol ) in the country and they are having problems putting timetables up on the website :P :rolleyes:

WIT is incrediably disorganised. I assume there given that title since we have a building dedicated to IT.

The library has terrible computers. At least they have FINALLY put new ones in D02.

• Advertisement

I take it you haven't been to many other IT's around the country then? WIT is impressive in terms of a PC:Student ratio, but unfortunately are lacking in quality outside of the IT building and even they are becoming antiquated with the poor performance of Office 2007. Even still, they are strides ahead of most other institutes and have far more to offer IT wise than NUIM.

I take it you haven't been to many other IT's around the country then? WIT is impressive in terms of a PC:Student ratio, but unfortunately are lacking in quality outside of the IT building and even they are becoming antiquated with the poor performance of Office 2007. Even still, they are strides ahead of most other institutes and have far more to offer IT wise than NUIM.

Think you misunderstood my post. We have a good IT image thanks to the dedicated IT building (I suppose each room having a PC helps to) mainly. After that, is where it goes down hill. Office 2007 wouldnt be installed, surely? They only teach the older version of Office!

I was referring to Chris' criticism :)

I can confirm that Office 2007 has found it's way onto a good few PC's in the IT building. Watching it slowly load is almost as soul-crushing as loading up Word in the library building!

Also, while I'm talking about the library, I'd like to wish one of the libararians, and local Councillor, Seamus Ryan all the best and hope that he get's well soon after suffering a brain heamorage recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Mini

hi Sully,

Thanks for that. We have one of the most impressive Institutes in the country, but the admin system behind it, is unbelievable. They really need to work themselves out. I have been in the college system for three years and i have yet to have one year go smoothly.

Surely they could just use the same timetable from last year just changing dates !

Nah, lots of changes every year and stuff so it wouldnt be possible. It can be the same, in some areas. But ya, really need to sort themselves out. While the South East deserve a university and while WIT should be one - there no way ready for it.

Disorganisation isn't just exclusive to WIT though. DCU and UCC have similar problems with getting out the exam timetables.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭valpuk

Hello everyone! Me also being a WIT student I have found the delay on timetable scheduling to be a pain in the backside too but I heard on Friday that they are to be available within the college on Tuesday. I was told they arent going to be online and that everyone will have to go into the college and collect one from their department offices. e.g. Humanities at Main Campus go to the office above Spar in The Well (opposite the comfy sofas). Please bare in mind that I heard this through the grape vine so it may not be correct .... :eek::eek::eek::eek:

valpuk wrote: »
    Hello everyone! Me also being a WIT student I have found the delay on timetable scheduling to be a pain in the backside too but I heard on Friday that they are to be available within the college on Tuesday. I was told they arent going to be online and that everyone will have to go into the college and collect one from their department offices. e.g. Humanities at Main Campus go to the office above Spar in The Well (opposite the comfy sofas). Please bare in mind that I heard this through the grape vine so it may not be correct .... :eek::eek::eek::eek:

Twas early Friday afternoon that its been said it will be online by Monday/Tuesday. It was from Students Union.. I doubt they can change there minds that quickly, and decide to print them - but maybe. (Also, some departments dont print out timetables)

Supposed to have been out today, School of Science said it was on the exams part of the site... cant seem to find it?

Examanations have said it is not online as of yet... expect it online within the next two days. Fantastic, another delay!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭ec18

grrrrrrr damn exams >(

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭cyberwit

The school of science has the exam timetables posted in the usual way out there office i got my lime table this evening.

cyberwit wrote: »
    The school of science has the exam timetables posted in the usual way out there office i got my lime table this evening.

Some of the schools have theres up alright, including science. Not very well spread out mind you.

Believe that the guy installing the new system was sick, so someone else did it and made a right mess of things resulting in a major delay.

Is the college library open next week?

I think it is, and closes Christmas Eve for a few weeks. Cant recall for sure, but I believe so!

Luke Wadding Library: Christmas Exam Opening Hours

Mon, Dec 3rd - Sat, Dec 15th
    Monday - Thursday                         08.30 - 22.00
    Friday                                              08.30 - 19.00
    Saturday                                         08.30 - 17.00

Mon, Dec 17th - Thurs, Dec 20th   08.30 - 17.00
    Friday Dec 21st                              08.30 - 13.00

Wed, Jan 2nd - Thurs, Jan 3rd      08.30 - 22.00*
    Fri, Jan 4th                                     08.30 - 19.00*
    *(Services will close at 17.00. The library will be open for study facilities only after this time)
    Sat, Jan 5th                                    08.30 - 17.00 (Access to study facilities only)

Mon, Jan 7th - Sat, Jan 12th
    Monday - Thursday                        08.30 - 22.00
    Friday                                             08.30 - 19.00
    Saturday                                         08.30 - 17.00

All services commence at 9.15 am and end 15 minutes before the library is due to close

[top]
    College Street Library: Christmas Exam Opening Hours

Mon, Dec 3rd - Sat, Dec 15th
    Monday - Thursday                         09.15 - 22.00
    Friday                                              09.15 - 19.00
    Saturday                                         09.15 - 17.00

Mon, Dec 17th - Thurs, Dec 20th   09.15 - 17.00
    Friday Dec 21st                              09.15 - 13.00

Wed, Jan 2nd - Fri, Jan 4th            09.15 - 17.00

Mon, Jan 7th - Sat, Jan 12th
    Monday - Thursday                        09.15 - 22.00
    Friday                                             09.15 - 19.00
    Saturday                                         09.15 - 17.00

All services commence at 9.15 am and end 15 minutes before the library is due to close 

Now I just have to find out why I'm set to repeat a subject that was continuous assessment and had only handed up our project recently - they couldn't have been marked already, especially since the lecturers mother had died last week!

Advertisement