Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pregnant girlfriend: Need advice

Options
  • 03-12-2007 10:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

My girlfriend is 33 weeks pregnant and just thisevening started to get really bad pains in her right side. She's due to go to doc thursday evening anyway but should this problem be addressed now. She also had traces of nirates in har urine ( they've showed up twice) What does his mean?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

I would suggest that you take her to what ever hospital that she has been attending for her prenatal check ups.

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭ASTRACLUB

i am dad of two and know what there, dont let her sit in one position for long time. Also walking within home slowly helps. Its just normal thing and baby coming to position as time goes ahead. You should be ok for now and take a glass of water and this should go down in 1 hour. however if pain goes continuously for more than 4 hours than just ring the doctor,
    you are already going to hospital on Thursday so should be fine.
    baby is just moving to get posiiton which is a good thing towards normal delivery ....so good signs...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

They check people out all the time. No harm in going and getting checked out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭embee

Any abdominal pain towards the end of a pregnancy should be investigated by her doctor or midwife - preferably the one that she has been attending on a regular basis. No one here can advise you of what the pain is (that means you, ASTRACLUB), but I would certainly advise her to see her doctor or midwife, and sooner rather than later.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement