Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MacWorld 2008

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,424 ✭✭✭440Hz

Confirmation of Warner moving to BR today certainly adds to the Mac Pro rumour for the BR drive. Things are getting interesting...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

440Hz wrote: »
    Confirmation of Warner moving to BR today certainly adds to the Mac Pro rumour for the BR drive. Things are getting interesting...

Isn't that BD - Blue-ray Disc - not to be pedantic like ;)

. . . and it does indeed give some credence to those rumors above.

ZEN

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭big_moe

ZENER wrote: »
    Isn't that BD - Blue-ray Disc - not to be pedantic like ;)

isnt that blu-ray disc,

not to be pedantic like ;)

Oh Zen!! Sigh

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭oneofakind32

No Blu-Ray for Mac Pros Im a afraid but a bitchin new 8-core processor.
    link...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

big_moe wrote: »
    isnt that blu-ray disc,

not to be pedantic like ;)

I asked for that, didn't I. He who dares criticise THE MOD gets slap on hand and red face.:o

Sorry KT I promise I'll never do that again 'k ?!

ZEN

You get away with it cos you are you ZEN! I feel like having a banning spree for 08 though, someone said recently im being "too nice" hehe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭BanzaiBk

I'm going through laptop hell at the moment. I really hope any new laptop announced at MW will be shipping immediatly:(

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭cheerspal

O2 UK's new Chairman is coming over to O2 ireland on the 18th, He was instrumental in the introduction of the iPhone into the UK market. There is a presentation being given about something on that day

The Rumour mill continues! ! ! !

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

BanzaiBk wrote: »
    I'm going through laptop hell at the moment. I really hope any new laptop announced at MW will be shipping immediatly:(

ditto. i would have bought a MBP weeks ago but i'm waiting on some announcement at macworld...
    cheerspal wrote: »
    O2 UK's new Chairman is coming over to O2 ireland on the 18th, He was instrumental in the introduction of the iPhone into the UK market. There is a presentation being given about something on that day

i'd like an iphone but i don't want to get onto o2 that much. hopefully this move fills the market with hax0red units :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,082 ✭✭✭Sarn

ditto. i would have bought a MBP weeks ago but i'm waiting on some announcement at macworld...

Same again here, I've been waiting for a few months. Please let there be a nice shiny new MBP released. Either way I WILL be buying a new laptop next week.

Meh, I'd be happy with a macbook nano tbh, I wouldn't use the features of a MBP.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

the macbook nano is what i'm looking at tbh, the last time i used my cd drive on my macbook was when i installed leopard a week after it came out.

The 15" MBP was only updated during the summer. The 17" is due a major overhaul including the screen, keyboard etc. I would be surprised to see any significant change to the 15" before the summer.

(ps, warm fuzzy 4000 post feeling aawww)

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭qork

440Hz, Apple normally change every product after two quarters, i.e. every 6 months, this can be a simple speed bump or a complete revamp, so they could very well change the 15" MBP.
    Qork.

qork, thanks but im fairly up on Apple's practices for updates. I simply said i dont expect any SIGNIFICANT updates.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭dubmick

lol @ 440 getting all upset that a noob tried to give her advice on apple products

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

dubmick wrote: »
    lol @ 440 getting all upset that a noob tried to give him advice on apple products
    Thats nothing compared to how upset she's about to get with you :)

read that a while ago, was debating whether to be nice or not ;)
    *twiddles thumbs during decision making process* *hums to self*

check the edit :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

cheerspal wrote: »

According to yesterday's SBP who cite "Apple sources" the iPhone won't be coming to Ireland until April "at the earliest", and it seems they assume we will be getting the 3G iPhone but not the current EDGE model.

As for MacWorld - I like the MacBook Air idea :)

Don Reisinger Blog Article
    On the rumoured ultraportable,
    ....why Apple should add another computer to its product line even though this group is doing just fine?....If Apple does announce the notebook, I think it'll have a shelf life of about a year before it's discontinued.

On the rumoured new Mac Mini,
    ...I think a revamped Apple TV is a guarantee...Some of the features I expect to see in the new device: iTunes Movie Rental support, Internet browsing, direct-to-iTunes downloading and streaming and full-fledged syncing capabilities so you don't necessarily need to plug your iPod or iPhone into your computer.

New macbooks?!,
    It just makes sense that Apple would refresh the Macbook line...I suspect Apple will upgrade the components in the MacBook and probably even reduce its size a bit on the low-end model...On the MacBook Pro side, look for a slight redesign and drastically upgraded components

On Steve Jobs gloating and delusions of grandeur,
    A guarantee.

Thoughts?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,915 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

qork wrote: »
    440Hz, Apple normally change every product after two quarters, i.e. every 6 months, this can be a simple speed bump or a complete revamp, so they could very well change the 15" MBP.
    Qork.

Getting very hard to gauge now, there seems very little pattern to it. Some products have gone 12 months. Seems mostly to depend now on Intels forthcoming chips as Apple seem to have first dibs on them for the Pro line up, then filters slowly down the ranks. The "Air" idea appeals depending on the price. My PB 12" is 4 years old now - I don't need all the bells and whistles anymore as I only use it for presentations.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭triple h

BanzaiBk wrote: »
    Don Reisinger Blog Article
    On the rumoured ultraportable,

On Steve Jobs gloating and delusions of grandeur,

Thoughts?

Very good.

Yes i like the apple tv idea. I have said this many many times ( you are all most likely sick of hearing me say it) , apple tv should be great, but it is not and it needs something. I would buy apple tv based on what you just said.

But, Steve is something else. He will make you want to buy stuff. So even if this apple tv ( or something else) sounds like a gadget you would only ever see in the afterlife i will give myself time to cool down. And i am fully sure Steve will make it sound awesome,( of that i am 100% certain,) and worse, convince us it is, I will hold off for a while. I will read reviews and after a week or two i will have a much more clear head and be able to see things more clearly.

I agree, if this was the "new" Apple TV I'd buy one at some stage. Really holding out for an ultraportable Mac though. Was kinda disappointed to see him rubbish that idea.

what's happening at MacWorld today?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

dubmick wrote: »
    what's happening at MacWorld today?

It only runs from Tuesday-Friday AFAIK

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

If i'm to buy an apple TV it has to support divx n xvid(without a hack) to make it worth while.... I'll be damned if i'm converting all my movies/tv shows to work on it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

Probably fake - but interesting nonetheless http://www.reghardware.co.uk/2008/01/14/leaked_keynote/

• Advertisement

These leaked keynotes seem weird to me. Any analyst with knowledge in this area (re: Piper Jaffrey) could assemble this list no problem. Heck I could probably assemble a list along with anyone else in this thread:p In the words of Ihnatko " 2 words people...iPhone Cases.":p

Advertisement