Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Contention At Peak Times

Options
  • 03-12-2007 11:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,220 ✭✭✭

Lately I've noticed that during the period of 7pm and 11pm my internet connection is less than half the speed it is supposed to be.

I'm with BT Ireland and have a 3MB connection. I'm on the Bray exchange. Is this a common problem with other broadband users?

If I were to contact BT is there anything that could be done about? Would it make any difference to go with another landline based provider?

Any advice would be great.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Half is only 2:1 contention. I think almost all domestic broadband is sold between 10:1 and 48:1 (except some LLU products).

Other than fibre or LLU or more professional/ Business DSL or Fixed wireless it will make no difference who you pay the bill to.

Advertisement