Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

wheres the Q6600 1333 Mhz

Options
  • 04-12-2007 12:43am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭

was looking at maybe upgrading my processor to a core 2 quad, I see a lot of the processors on komplett are rated at 1333 mhz bus now, these are pretty new right, I don't see a Q6600 at 1333 though, is there any reason for this ? is it not out yet ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

If you can afford it :p Only 1333Mhz quad available yet.

Will be coming out in 6mths tho, more info here

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭brophis

Any of the current quad cores will run happily at 1333 FSB. I have be Q6600 B3 stepping running without a problem at this FSB on my GA-P35-DS3R. The newer G0 stepping runs cooler also. It's just a matter of setting the FSB to 333 in the bios. One advantage to the 1066 quads is that they have higher multipliers if you plan on overclocking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

so I'd be better off buying a 1066 and overclocking it, the 1333's probably don't have the same scope for overclocking

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭brophis

I think so anyway. All depends on how much you want to spend. The Q6600 is at a bargain price and will go to 3ghz easily, may not even need to change the stock voltage. If you're looking for some extreme overclocking then the 1066mhz can make things easier due to the higher multiplier, you won't be as limited by the FSB.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

good stuff thanks, I know the 1066 ones are crazy for overclocking, my bro has his 1.8 running at 3.5 without changing the voltages lol. I'll go for the Q6600, 250 is a good price. I wouldn't buy the QX6850 3GHz if I was a billionaire, 900 yoyos is just a daft price, the bang for the buck is nowhere near good enough

• Advertisement
Advertisement