Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Shooting Seasons

• 04-12-2007 12:46am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭

Just an idea:

With the recent discussions on the forum regards shooting seasons and changes to seasons over the years I think a good idea would be if a copy of the shooting seasons for all game was printed on the back of all firearms certificates.

A list of all vermin species that one is permitted to shoot could also be included and seasons for such, if applicable.Any changes from previous seasons could be highlighted in red.

I'm aware that 'ignorance of the law is no excuse' and its up to all shooters to know the seasons. I'm also aware that its published in national press and shooting mags. as the season nears. But if this were put in place then it's a sure way of informing all who need to know and of alerting them to changes.

Once the template is set up I'm sure it's a simple printing matter which should not incur too much expense.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 708 ✭✭✭Terrier

I always receive a copy with my foreshore licence..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭quackquackBOOM

anything just so shooters should know,,,, its a full time job trying to keep up with changes and new rules:mad:
    i still would like to see some sort of sticky blocked that can only be changed by the mods with all seasons of various wildlife that can be shot
    Firearms can be lost and ignorance to the fact that rules have changed is no defence in court

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭J.R.

Terrier wrote: »
    I always receive a copy with my foreshore licence..

that's true Terrier, but the foreshore licence is renewed every five years for an individual - changes could occur in that period of time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 708 ✭✭✭Terrier

True, I do it every year for my club, you only get 1 year as a club

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,656 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

I got the newsletter from the NARGC yesterday, with it was the seasons for the coming year. I get this everyyear. They don't really change much, over the last 6 years the only change was woodpiegeon, and that is still subject to crop protection.

• Advertisement
Advertisement