Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

TNA- WCW all over again

• 04-12-2007 12:50am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭

From www.pwtorch.com
    Scott Hall's last voice contact with anyone was Sunday morning. As the afternoon went on, and he didn't show up on time and wasn't answering his phone, concern grew he was going to no-show. There was hope even during the show that he'd finally make it to the building. Then he sent a text message or voice mail saying he had food poisoning and couldn't make it.

-Kevin Nash was disappointed and felt let down by Hall no-showing.

-Samoa Joe was asked to go to the ring, cut a promo on Hall to try to take the heat off of the company for a major star no-showing, and then shift to putting over the guys on the roster and finally introduce Eric Young as the replacement. Joe's promo went more than five minutes longer than planned and incorporated a lot more content, especially that aimed at Nash, than was planned.

-When Joe leaned over the top rope and asked someone off camera if they were mad, then shrugged and said, "Go ahead and fire me, I don't care," he was looking at TNA President Dixie Carter. She was legitimately upset with him "going into business for himself" and taking so long. Nash was legitimately upset that Joe turned Hall's no-show into a rant against him. (What's ironic is that Nash is one of the key people who pushed hard for an extended period of time to get TNA management to take interest in signing Joe when he was in ROH; Nash was a big fan of Joe's ROH matches he saw on DVD.)

-After the match, Nash returned to the back right away and waited for Joe. When Joe returned to the back, Nash confronted him and a heated verbal exchange with some shoving ensued. Joe backed down and avoided the situation escalating.

-At an all-talent meeting today, Terry Taylor brought everyone's contract with him. Dixie Carter said that if anyone was upset and unhappy with their job in TNA, they would be willing to void their contract on the spot. Senshi took them up on the offer. (Senshi also happened to be one of the people who grabbed a brief case in the "Feast or Fire" match.)

-Joe was the first wrestler to speak at the meeting. He gave an emotional apology for going overboard the night before and said he hoped his apology would be accepted.

-Booker T and Kurt Angle gave pep-talks about staying positive and keeping things moving in the right direction.

EDIT: This has not been verified elsewhere. And after reading it again, it all sounds a bit farfetched. Make of it what you will I guess.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Dissapointed that Joe backed down. Hopefully JJ will come back soon enough and restore a bit of order.

As for losing Senshi, I don't think it's too bad as for whatever reason, Asians tend not to be a big draw in the U.S. although it did look like they were gearing up for Lethal vs. Senshi.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭Double C

Asian???? The dude's from Brooklyn! Wonder what he'll do now though cos I don't think he and Gabe get along so I doubt he'll be back in ROH, although I'd love to see it.

Glad someone took a stand. I might just download this show after all to see Joe's promo. It seems a bit mad cap alright. I'm surprised Low Ki was the only one to leave.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

yeah pretty mad alrite, watching it live last night i thought it was a legit shoot, joe's promo was awesome

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

rossie1977 wrote: »
    yeah pretty mad alrite, watching it live last night i thought it was a legit shoot, joe's promo was awesome

I thought it was obvious that it wasn't legit. I mean, for a moment it did catch me out and make me pay attention, because I believed what Joe said about Hall, and still do. But if he was shooting on the company for real then they'd have no reason to keep his mic feed on and to have every camera glued to him

Just read that Alvarez doesn't believe the story, and I'm sure he'd have a bit more insight than us. However something like what's been reported is bound to happen at some stage with the way TNA is going

If Low-Ki is gone, I'd love to see him give Japan a good shot. He did great in his New Japan match recently, they just might be interested in him. TNA really wasted him since he returned though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Sounds like there's a lot of discontent within TNA which is funny since the company tends to go out of its way to cram as many people as possible into a broadcast. When I think of TNA I'm reminded of the famous Winston Churchill quote:

"Those that fail to learn from history, are doomed to repeat it."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,287 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

It was bound to happen they have brought in to many old timers like what WCW did. If you where there from the start 5 years ago and then start seeing you spot been taking by old timers such as Hall and Nash or even been pushed down by the wrestlers that are fired or resigned from the WWE you would be upset too.

That said i will still watch the PPV on TV tomorrow night

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

It was bound to happen they have brought in to many old timers like what WCW did. If you where there from the start 5 years ago and then start seeing you spot been taking by old timers such as Hall and Nash or even been pushed down by the wrestlers that are fired or resigned from the WWE you would be upset too.

That said i will still watch the PPV on TV tomorrow night

It's on TV tomorrow night?

I don't know if I believe all that ... if it's true, then it's pretty sad.

However, TNA could always be testing the waters for some kind of TNA/young blood v WCW/NWO/old veterens encounter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

Cactus Col wrote: »

However, TNA could always be testing the waters for some kind of TNA/young blood v WCW/NWO/old veterens encounter.

Or maybe they just don't have a clue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

Or maybe they just don't have a clue.

Or maybe they don't have a clue.

Very true.

Was just thinking it'd be a great way to get a few TNA wrestlers over. But, I tend to give creative teams too much credit.

Cactus Col wrote: »

Well its on Bravo 2 channel 123 on Sky up here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭Kid Nothing

Yeah i believe the bits Joe was saying about Nash and the "superstars" was legit. If he had to apologise then it obviously was and i doubt they go that far in trying to keep it as an angle. If you watch Kurt about half-way through he looks like he's really interested and doesn't know what Joe's gonna say. Either way I think Joe seriously deserves credit for being the one to speak out and if they don't listen to and respect him then they really are headed for WCW history

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

At one stage Kurt says are you talking about me?, By Nash's reaction aswell I'd say some of it was legit as there was not too much buildup to a Joe and Nash fallout

I like Eric Young but he is a comedy character so far so Joe building him up as tough and ready to fight didn't work IMO

EdK wrote: »
    At one stage Kurt says are you talking about me?, By Nash's reaction aswell I'd say some of it was legit as there was not too much buildup to a Joe and Nash fallout

They teased it backstage when Nash was talking about Karen and stuff and Joe didn't think that Nash had come to fight. Maybe they only started it there because they hadn't been planning to split them up before Hall no-showed

If you want Nash to continue in the main event role you dont go and call him a greedy washed up pensioner, everyone knows its true but its not something you say on tv.
    it seems Christopher Daniels is gone now and Petey has a World title match :rolleyes:

Just read this Impact spoiler on Wrestling Observer:
    Steiner gets an X division title shot. Vince Russo came to ringside and sat by Don West and watched the whole angle take place which makes me think it's his script here.

Russo becoming an on-air character on TNA? The parellels continue!

Russo becoming an on-air character on TNA? The parellels continue!
    I really doubt that he'll appear on the show, how many times do you actually see the commentators? Actually, that's something that annoys me when watching TNA, Tenay is always going on about how someone has come over to their table but they'll either not show it on screen or they'll show it a good while later. It happened on this PPV when Tenay said that Chris Harris had gone over to their table during the battle royal (which wasn't a battle royal) match, but you were left wondering what was going on for a while before they put a camera on him

Daniels being fired has to be an angle, seeing as he won the briefcase off Senshi

Come on , TNA is noway near what WCW was like. The only similarity is the fact that Russo is going to be on TV again . I hope not . But come on , WWE now is more like what WCW was . Difference is WCW was at least entertaining.

Fozzy wrote: »
    I really doubt that he'll appear on the show, how many times do you actually see the commentators?

Hope you're right. Involvement by him would be disastrous.
    Come on , TNA is noway near what WCW was like. The only similarity is the fact that Russo is going to be on TV again . I hope not . But come on , WWE now is more like what WCW was . Difference is WCW was at least entertaining.

Tell me you're kidding!

Come on , TNA is noway near what WCW was like. The only similarity is the fact that Russo is going to be on TV again . .

I completely disagree.

Count me as number 3

• Advertisement

Ok, so TNA has a match on Impact this week for the possession of the X-Division title. Not to decide the champ, just who gets to carry the belt around. This is right up there with their most nonsensical booking this year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

Ok, so TNA has a match on Impact this week for the possession of the X-Division title. Not to decide the champ, just who gets to carry the belt around. This is right up there with their most nonsensical booking this year

That is actually the single most retarded thing i have ever heard. That does not make one bit of sense, not one single bit. I have come to the conclusion that Vince Russo has, in fact, got no brain. It's the only explanation.

Jesus i'm so sick of this, Vince Russo is not the plague he has done some dumb things I know, but he is a TNA writer and part of the booking team other people have ideas too and its up to management to pass or drop them

Vince Russo does not run TNA and not every idea can automatically be called Russo's

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Gerard.C wrote: »
    That is actually the single most retarded thing i have ever heard. That does not make one bit of sense, not one single bit. I have come to the conclusion that Vince Russo has, in fact, got no brain. It's the only explanation.

That's pretty bad alright. I thought that tournament they had a week ago with the tirkey suit was pretty ridiculous too. They had qualifying matches for a triple threat match, then the loser (ie whoever got pinned) of the final had to wear a turkey suit. So the question I have is why would you want to win your qualifying match for such a match and leave yourself open to the possibility of being the loser especially when there's no reward to you know, the guy who wins the match? You'd be as well off not being in it at all! Utter madness!!!

Jesus i'm so sick of this, Vince Russo is not the plague he has done some dumb things I know, but he is a TNA writer and part of the booking team other people have ideas too and its up to management to pass or drop them

Vince Russo does not run TNA and not every idea can automatically be called Russo's

Isn't he the head booker? If not, I retract my statement and say instead that the whole TNA booking team are retarded and should all be shot.

Jarrett, Russo and Dutch Mantell are the booking team, I think the buck stops with Jarrett as he's got the highest position in the company. Russo's not the only one to blame, but when you've got a guy who doesn't believe that pro-wrestling draws and he tries to market things towards non-wrestling fans, then it's very easy to point the finger at that guy. The booking did get worse when he returned to TNA

I remember reading how Jerry Jarrett said he got so frustrated with Russo's ideas in TNA's early days, but he had to put up with him because he was a friend of Jeff's. Since it doesn't look like you're going to have Jeff without Russo now, the blame lies with Dixie Carter as well, since she's the person who gives Jarrett his power

Haha, it just keeps on coming. Figure Four Online's Impact tapings correspondent said this to them last night: "No Impact. Sorry guys. I really just can't take it anymore."

flahavaj wrote: »
    That's pretty bad alright. I thought that tournament they had a week ago with the tirkey suit was pretty ridiculous too. They had qualifying matches for a triple threat match, then the loser (ie whoever got pinned) of the final had to wear a turkey suit. So the question I have is why would you want to win your qualifying match for such a match and leave yourself open to the possibility of being the loser especially when there's no reward to you know, the guy who wins the match? You'd be as well off not being in it at all! Utter madness!!!

The guy who won the match got a $25000 dollar cheque

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭oneofakind32

In my opinion the turkey bowl was the best wrestling TV show Iv seen in years. The matches were quality and the back stage segments with the Angles were hilarious

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭rizzla

In my opinion the turkey bowl was the best wrestling TV show Iv seen in years. The matches were quality and the back stage segments with the Angles were hilarious

+1

It was a thanksgiving show. Perfectly light hearted entertainment, people take wrestling wayyy to seriously these days.

There is no such thing as a good backstage segment with The Angles.

rizzla wrote: »
    +1

Perfectly light hearted entertainment, people take wrestling wayyy to seriously these days.

Trust me, there's no danger anytime soon of millions of people taking TNA seriously. And that's not a compliment.

Despite being an advocate for so long, I've finally given up on TNA. My interest will be rekindled once I hear about some major overhaul in the booking department, but for now I couldn't care less.
    Fozzy wrote:
    Haha, it just keeps on coming. Figure Four Online's Impact tapings correspondent said this to them last night: "No Impact. Sorry guys. I really just can't take it anymore."

That pretty much sums it all up right there :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

One- Vince Russo is not the source of everything bad that happens in the wrestling world.

Two- 3D stole the X belt, Lethal is trying to get it back.

Three- Impact is not that bad it has much better matches than Raw, Smackdown or ECW. Kaz v Cage, Angle v Kaz, LAX v Styles/Tomko, Styles v Joe v Sabin, Street fight Lethal/Dutt v 3D and Abyss, Joe, Kaz and Steiner v Angle, Styles, Tomko and Christian. Great Matches.

And, stop analysing wrestling to the finest degree. Enjoy and dont criticise and it will be much better, who cares about continuity errors.

People who don't like their intelligence to be insulted on a weekly basis, perhaps.

Scott Steiner with an X title shot? Petey with a world title shot? It's like bizarro land.The really annoying thing about TNA is they have great matches on Impact but the amount of sh*t you have to plough through to get to them zap any enthusiasm you could possibly have for them, thus rendering them redundant. Their PPV's even up to a few months ago were great, but no one wants tag team main events (apart from, you know, tag title matches that people give a sh*t about, re ROH). As long as Russo and the boys continue to have their buddies in the main event scene, or in the ring full stop, I'll continue to boycott!

• Advertisement

Two- 3D stole the X belt, Lethal is trying to get it back.

That still doesn't explain why there was a match for the possession of the belt
    And, stop analysing wrestling to the finest degree. Enjoy and dont criticise and it will be much better, who cares about continuity errors.

I can't enjoy TNA when it doesn't make sense. It's not just continuity errors, it's practically everything. I'll give one example: on the Impact before the last PPV they announced that there would be a Feast Or Fired battle royal at the PPV. All they said was that there were four briefcases, three contained title shots and one contained a pink slip. That leaves a load of unanswered questions. So they have a segment with Scott Steiner backstage and he's confused about the match, he can't understand it. Then when he finds out that he could get a pink slip, he just blows it off, saying that they could never fire him. All that segment got across was that the match is confusing and that we shouldn't care about the stipulations. This isn't analysing the show, this is just what I saw when I watched it (which I wasn't intending to do, my mate put it on tv). It's impossible for me to put any commitment into TNA when they don't give me reason to care about their show, so I can't enjoy it

I might as well mention another huge problem with them while I'm at it: interference in title matches. It's happened so regularly that the big thing they've got across to the viewer is that the person with the best interference will win the title match. It's happened so much that you can't just ignore it, so when you've got a face challenger it's very hard to get behind him as you know that no matter how good the guy is, chances are the outcome won't have anything to do with how good he is. TNA conditions people not to care about their wrestlers, their matches and their feuds

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

I will admit, too many interferences. Scott Steiner never makes sense. Feast or Be Fired is a decent concept just a little confusing. It was pretty simple when they did the thing.

TNA can be a good form of entertainment just give it a chance, hopefully Borash, Tenay and Abyss will censor the other 3 a little.

And the match was to try and regain the X belt from 3D

who cares about continuity errors.

People care. If your telling stories that don't make sense, people at a large scale won't get involved with them and thus won't invest time or money.

On a personal level, I couldn't give 2 ****s about continuity errors in TNA. I've long since given up on TNA.

I think people are being a tad unfair on TNA. The same people who would criticize the Rumble for being too predictable and always having a big name win it criticize TNA for giving a title shot to Petey as a kind of unpredictable angle.

Also, is it just me or do they seem to be burying Christian at the moment?

Nah, Christian is just doing what Angle, Booker and all the other older guys should be doing, putting over young talent, like Kaz a while back.

• Advertisement

TNA can be a good form of entertainment just give it a chance

I think most of us have given it a chance and were willing for the company to do well and provide the WWE with a bit of competititon but they just don't have a clue when it comes to writing their shows.

It's farcical when you have guys shifting between babyface and heel within the space of a week. If they can't figure out what they're doing why should I bother? I gave up on it months ago and haven't regretted it. If they had a major overhaul of the booking team and got back to basics I'd give it a look again but it's insufferable at the minute. Frankly I'm amazed that some people have the patience to sit through those shows.

Feast or Be Fired is a decent concept just a little confusing. It was pretty simple when they did the thing.

That's the thing, it wasn't a decent concept at all. They decided the challengers for all their titles completely at random! Whatever happened to earning a title shot?! They also decided that someone would get fired completely at random, where's the logic? I didn't think it was that simple when they did it, they called it a battle royal but you weren't eliminated if you went over the top rope. And whoever took the briefcase down didn't actually win it, it was whoever had their feet on the floor outside the ring with the briefcase. Too unnecessarily complicated, like all these gimmick matches TNA come up with
    And the match was to try and regain the X belt from 3D

So if Team 3D won the match, they'd get to keep the belt? But Lethal would still be champ? I'm still not seeing the sense in it. Imagine if WWE had a match where Randy Orton put the possession of his belt on the line. I can't. WWE (and other promotions) rarely do things that make so little sense!

I used to be the biggest TNA fan around, you can look back at posts I made here every month praising their PPVs. I sometimes watch their PPVs now but it's so hard for me to care about anyone or anything in TNA

I love the reasoning that there was a bit of a tiff between Nash and Joe , this makes TNA like WCW. There is absolutly no comparison between the 2. As i mentioned before the only similaity is that there are some of the usual suspects there but the running is completly differe I hope he doesnt get involved in a story line.

I remember WCW as if it were yesterday. It was a back stabbing company with cliques running the show , heels trying to be cool heels robbing thunder from the face. F£ck ups all over the place from matches to guys not knowing what they are doing and Promo's

You also have to Remember WCW had money to burn, WWE have money to burn. WWE are trying to shock the audience just like WCW tried to do.

TNA are doing a bit but no way near as bad as WWE or WCW.

Oh and getting back to this tiff between Joe and Nash , lets see a run down of tiffs in WWE

Mcmahon Michaels

JBL Morrison

Undertaker Matt Hardy

Holly Rene Dupree

Booker T Batista

Edge Mat Hardy

Santino Cornette (now TNA)

Hennig Lesnar

Xpac

Nasty boys Ken Shamrock

Bret Shaun

Triple H Road Dogg

Nails Mcmahon

Rougaux Dyanamite kid

These are all off the top of my head and i havnt got to WCW yet , the ones there were crazy .

Jarrett, Russo and Dutch Mantell are the booking team, I think the buck stops with Jarrett as he's got the highest position in the company. Russo's not the only one to blame, but when you've got a guy who doesn't believe that pro-wrestling draws and he tries to market things towards non-wrestling fans, then it's very easy to point the finger at that guy. The booking did get worse when he returned to TNA

I remember reading how Jerry Jarrett said he got so frustrated with Russo's ideas in TNA's early days, but he had to put up with him because he was a friend of Jeff's. Since it doesn't look like you're going to have Jeff without Russo now, the blame lies with Dixie Carter as well, since she's the person who gives Jarrett his power

I've had some correspondence with Dixie Carter she is really nice, but she is a business woman not a wrestling booker she has made strides in gettingtv and merchandise deals etc, but she has to trust the wrestling aspect to the likes of Jarrett and co and it seems they are just not upto it, i was an advocate of TNA you have to admit they were doing things perfectly for a while lets hope they get back on track

I will so despite the crazy anglsand stuff their in ring product is still 1,000 times better than WWE's at the moment

And the WWE do the dq/interference finish alot aswell

Haha you gotta love Lance Storm...
    Random TV Thoughts

TNA: Impact December 06, 2007

- TNA is completely retarded!!!!

- This weeks show was so f--k'ing bad I'm tapping out AGAIN. I may give them another chance in the New Year (maybe not), but I don't need this aggrevation over the holidays. NOTHING makes a lick of sense on this show.

- Before I go any further, because this is going to get stiff, let me clarify that TNA has likely the best talent roster going. There are more guys I'd rather see working, in TNA than on RAW, SD, or ECW, quite possibly even combined. That being said I can't stomach this show any longer, the booking is so beyond comprehendable I give up.

- So much of this show was centered around Cornette wanting these cases secured, so no one could tamper with them. Problem is those of us with at least half a brain (this obviosuly excludes whoever wrote this ****) realizes that since the guys showed up in their cars with the cases, to open the show, they've already had the cases for "4-days", I'm pretty sure any tampering they wanted to do would be done by now!

- To make matters worse (a TNA booking theme) to secure the cases they are put on DISPLAY in a room that the entire locker room wonders through during the show.

- People actually paid (grantly probably not that many) to watch Turning Point to find out who would get title shots and who would get fired. This didn't happen on PPV instead TNA screwed the fans and told them it will be done on Impact for free. Now on Impact we are told, sorry folks you have to wait till next week. This is such poor bait and switch business it's unbelieveable.

- They did the exact same thing with the Fight for the Right match. They promised to award a Title shot to someone on the PPV, but at the PPV we were told that it was just going to decide seeding for a tournament that would happen on free TV. Then they have the tournament on free TV only to find out that we still don't get to know the guy who gets the Title shot because they are doing a rematch on PPV. So to get what fans were promised on 1 PPV they had to buy 2 PPVs, and watch 6-8 hours of Impact. That's bull****!

- We then have an unadvertised 6 man ladder match for the "possession" of the X Title belt. Johnny Devine now has "legal" possession of the belt, but isn't the champ, while Jay Lethal is the X Champion but doesn't have the belt. If that makes sense to anyone I suggest you seek psychiatric help immediately.

- Did they pin Gail Kim tonight because they were pissed fans cared more about her match at the PPV than they did the Main Event? The Women's Title has been the only thing they have been doing right lately (likely the reason why fans cared at the PPV) so they have a girl who isn't even in the angle pin Gail in the middle of the ring. Absolutely retarded.

- There are a ton of other things wrong with the show, but why bother. I think I just put more thought into writing this than TNA does into booking the show. I'm done. To the talented guys and girls who work in TNA, I wish you the best, but I can't watch this show anymore it's just not worth it!!!!

http://www.stormwrestling.com/tvthoughts.html

Looks like there's a lot of growing number of people tapping out to TNA's stupidity.

Granted, all of this is retarded but it is nothing compared to Vince faking his own death and the Hornswoggle angle.Those 2 angles were the main ones on the entire show and were much worse .Taking this year as a whole TNA has done better

I listened to the Dave Meltzer show on figure four today. He's probably the most patient established writer when it comes to TNA and even he flipped out.

He had a great point which was something like this "TNA in its approach to writing a show is going in the complete opposite direction of money. The things that are making money in 2007 are simple and serious". Kurt Angle is a very funny guy. But looking like a goof in costume and being the world champion don't mix in 2007. That works great if your mid card act but he's the world champion.

Someone said earlier that people should not pick holes in the logic of TNA. The problem is that its basic logic. And if people feel like they're getting their intelligence insulted, they won't invest in angles emotionally or financially.

There's a reason why Ricky Hatton and Floyd Mayweather will do 1.5 million buys.The story is simple but serious and lots of people are willing to pay for the conclusion.

There's also a reason why TNA is stuck on 30000 buys each month.It's sad really because when WWE has real competition, everybody wins.

I've had some correspondence with Dixie Carter she is really nice, but she is a business woman not a wrestling booker she has made strides in gettingtv and merchandise deals etc, but she has to trust the wrestling aspect to the likes of Jarrett and co and it seems they are just not upto it, i was an advocate of TNA you have to admit they were doing things perfectly for a while lets hope they get back on track

She should really cop on that what they've been doing this year just isn't working. They're turning too many people away from their product and the people who still watch won't buy their PPVs
    Bubs101 wrote:
    Granted, all of this is retarded but it is nothing compared to Vince faking his own death and the Hornswoggle angle.Those 2 angles were the main ones on the entire show and were much worse .Taking this year as a whole TNA has done better

Yeah, Vince's death and his son being revealed made WWE's ratings go down. They managed to make people care about other things though which brought the ratings back up. It's impossible to care about anything in TNA unless you're willing to ignore just about every angle, promo and finish to a match. But what's the point in watching if you're going to ignore all that?

It's ridiculous to say that TNA has had a better year than WWE. In the end, the aim of the game is money. If you make people care about your product and leave them wanting to see more of it, then you will make money. 98% of TNA's audience isn't willing to pay for it. Whereas you've got WWE who made over $5 million on Wrestlemania ticket sales alone. I'd be surprised if TNA managed that amount of profit all year

I'm interested in seeing the ratings for Impact and ECW head-to-head last night. It won't prove anything but it could be telling

TNA got their regular 1.1, ECW did a 0.6. All that you can really read into it is that either most of ECW's usual viewers didn't bother tuning in on a different day or all of them picked Impact over ECW. Probably a mixture

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭oneofakind32

ECW is pretty much just glorified heat these days. Surly one on the WWE roster wants to be drafted to ECW by now. Its the most wrestling based show that WWE produces and thats why its loosing out to impact. People watch TNA for the matches as they do ECW. ECW's matches are often very solid but rarely as exciting as impact. I think internet fans expect more from TNA then they would from WWE due to the pool of talent TNA has at its disposel

• Advertisement
Advertisement