Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

just a few thoughts - charter...

Options
  • 04-12-2007 2:19am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭

doesnt matter much, mods please delete :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

damn, im intrigued... what *was* this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Le Rack

Lets just say wil has too much time on his hands, it was pretty good though...but I'm still caught on the eunichs bit...

now im REALLY intrigued.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Wilburt wrote: »
    doesnt matter much, mods please delete :)

Cmon Wilburt--you have to tell us what it was now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

The girl frequents a body mod forum and REALLY wants to hear about Eunichs.... I fear for her boyfriend... sleep lightly mate, sleep lightly....
    And for the love of god never take up an offer from her to "shave you" down there!:p

Ok, my mind is a bit...emm...:o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

bleh, fine here goes

"just a few things ive noticed. (ive way too much free time... )

most if not all the threads on this forum are healing related questions. would it not be better to just have one stickied thread with something along the lines of "All healing questions go here!! or face verbal abuse"
    Something subtle if you know what i mean! It might work, it might not. can always be deleted.

The charter might possibly need an update or two also since its no longer the tattoo and piercing forum, its more general than that now. people never really pay attention to it either, we still get the stupid questions even though there is adequate info in the tattoo and piercers of ireland thread et al.

just wondering, how broad is the term "body modification"? what will and wont be acceptable on the forum. tattoos, piercings, scarification, implants etc. but what about amputation? transgender issues? eunuchism? (dont know if thats the correct term) anyway i think these need to be addressed in discussion with the mods and then things updated

any suggestions"

what will and wont be acceptable on the forum. tattoos, piercings, scarification, implants etc. but what about amputation? transgender issues? eunuchism? (dont know if thats the correct term) anyway i think these need to be addressed in discussion with the mods and then things updated

...anti-balding procedures...? :D

Wilburt wrote: »
    how broad is the term "body modification"? what will and wont be acceptable on the forum. tattoos, piercings, scarification, implants etc. but what about amputation? transgender issues?

True, some people had enough difficulty figuring out if I was male/female without blurring the issue.:p

But seriously I think TG typically falls under the domain of LGB, even though I'm not sure I accept that 100% of transgendered people are attracted to people of the same birth sex, but for the most part at least it does appear to hold true.

Amputation is a legally dubious area for us to be seen to be encouraging since it is quite easy for someone to kill themselves that way and I don't think boards.ie would appreciate any resulting negative press.

As for self castration...:eek::eek::eek:
    Besides, once again, screw this up and you can die/do some serious damage (blasted blood supply to that area... waste of nutrients, etc... *grumble, grumble*), might be a bit risky to potentially give/allow advice on such.

thats what im trying to get going, what is and isnt acceptable on the forum. new name brings in new issues

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭amazingemmet

farohar wrote: »

As for self castration...:eek::eek::eek:
    Besides, once again, screw this up and you can die/do some serious damage (blasted blood supply to that area... waste of nutrients, etc... *grumble, grumble*), might be a bit risky to potentially give/allow advice on such.

The bold bit stuck out to me. Its like what i always tell girls when they spit:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Protein shake anyone? :D

Protein shake anyone? :D

Translation: Damo doesn't wash his hands afterwards, even if he gets them coated in the baby batter...:p

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

*stickyslaps farohar*

Oooh! Hairgel!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭cavedave

how broad is the term "body modification"? what will and wont be acceptable on the forum. tattoos, piercings, scarification, implants etc. but what about amputation? transgender issues? eunuchism? (dont know if thats the correct term) anyway i think these need to be addressed in discussion with the mods and then things updated

Doesn't it refer to all the transhuman attempts to modify your body? Which if you include your brain as part of your body also includes drug use.

If it only refers to cosmetic alterations amputating stuff would seem to be included (though you may ban discussion on some sort of legal grounds).
    What about implants does getting a pacemaker count as body modification? If not I presume the scars do...

i really dunno, see thats why i was asking all this.
    body modification in my eyes is something you do voluntarily, whether its a piercing, subdermal implant or other things in more extreme cases....
    coming back to the voluntary thing, getting a pacemaker put in you counts as a body modification but i think its outside the scope of what the forum is for, also you need a pacemaker, you either have one or face consequences, you dont need a 30mm hole in your lobe! and its totally by choice, you dont need it to survive
    im just looking for ideas (and trying to get some discussion going too :D)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

People tried to get a specific Transgender forum set up- it didn't end well at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 283 ✭✭popecatapetal

The mods on this forum are going to have to cut off an awful lot of body parts if these new topics are included, so that they can have the experience necessary to advise people on them:) I think perhaps Wilburt will be blamed for this?

well in a word, no.
    amputees was just an example. if they wanna they can though :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭truthinwords

Out of curiousity is the Extreme Body Mods board active? What's the criteria for gaining access?

xtruthx

• Advertisement

it's a lot less frequently active than is here, but i would check it pretty much daily, as would, im sure, several other posters.

Anything much discussed on there or just one or two threads?
    E.g. jewelery implants in the white of the eye, cybernetic eyes, spikes embedded in the skull, radio chip implants... think that's about the majority of real stuff I've heard of and the cybernetic eyes are obviously due to blindness, not just because someone felt like it.

bedlam wrote: »
    It's slow moving and discussion so far has been on the more vanilla type extreme mods (depending on your definition of extreme mods).

Strap-ons and botox so...:p

Meh, maybe I should apply, post up some old photos I have of my nails/talons at their full length...

or post them in personal issues :p

I can see the PI thread now...:

Thread title: My skin bleeds when I scratch at it.
    I've had this problem on and off for the last few years, at times any time I scratch at my skin it actually starts bleeding, has anyone else ever had this problem?
    :D

Advertisement