Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

almost attacked my knackers at the luas stop

Options
  • 04-12-2007 5:45am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭

i was standing at the luas stop getting a ticket one day and this junkie asked me for money,, when i said no he called me a hungry B,,astard. i was so shocked i turned and walked off. but get this

ok, i was finished work a couple of weeks ago and walked down to the luas stop at houston station to get the luas into town. it was about ten past 6 and dark, when i got there. there was a couple of people standing waiting on the luas.

i went to put money into the machine, and when the junkie who was goofing off heard the money drop, he raised his head, but not his eye lids and muttered the usual "any change there bud", . when i said "no man,sorry, ive no change". the conversation went something like this

go on,, gis some money
    i dont have any man
    yeah ya do, ,gis a few quid for a hostel
    no
    **** sake man, youve loads of change
    no your alright
    how the **** am i alright, i wouldnt be here if i was alright would i

i collected my ticket and walked towrads where the luas would be. to my surprise, it didnt stop there. the other guy, who seemed just to be a drunk joined in (in green)

get up and funch the FFFing head off him
    i should shouldnt i
    punch the FFFing scumbags head in, go on,, needle the C.U.N.T.
    what? are you FFFing serious? cause i wont give yous money?
    who the FFF are you talking ta, who? ill cut your FFFing throat ya priiiick
    what are ya saying,, you wanna be FFFing cut open?

normally, at this point youd lose it and smash their heads in like they deserve, but the whole "needle the CUN>T" thing had thrown me. last thing i need is a disease off one of these THINGs

the abuse lasted about another 2 minutes untill the luas came,, loads of yeah cause you were born with a silver spoon in your mouth you scumbag. me? the scumbag?

has anyone else encountered this kind of abuse when refusing to give every person who begs some money?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭condra

You must be built like a tank. Most people wouldn't survive that, let alone give back cheek in the first place.

Junkies are the bane of this country, and one of the few things that deviates my otherwise lefty, tolerant, peace-loving mentality.

I say shoot them all, I feckin hate them.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Package

no, im small which is probably why they got so fresh, bet they wouldnt whimper to a 6ft2 brick ****house. i agree totally with your method of fixation though ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭condra

When I was 16, I was mugged on the DART with a syringe up to my throat.

When I was about 21, a diner I was working in was raided by a junkie weilding a hammer and a skrewdriver. He threatened to "smash my head in." He also threatened the lives of other members of staff in a ten minute rampage from the front of the diner to the office upstairs.

Luckily, I was able to make my escape and raise the alarm. The cops got him and he was taken away in the squad car. The cops assurred me that I was safe, but a week later he came back to the diner with 2 junkie mates, to get me, and who knows what would have happened if it wasnt for the bouncers who quickly bundled them out the front door.

I left the job that very moment and got a taxi home an hour later after a very nervous cup of tea.

I think most people in Dublin have had negetive experiences with heroin addicts, and many have had horriffic experiences with them. It's outrageous what they get away with.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,774 ✭✭✭Nuttzz

dont engage in any conversation with them for a start, dont make eye to eye contact either, treat them like they arent there. Works for me most of the time, the last time someone got aggressive with me I said to him, in a normal voice, sorry i dont speak any english...it confused the feck out of him long enough for me to get away

• Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭oleras

I dont live in Dublin, T.F. But if a stray dog came up to me barking and growling, he would get a kick in stones......take from that what you like.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40 Tex Diablo

About two years ago me and my mate were walking home from the pub.We passed a bench with some bloke sitting on it who did the usual,"Got any change mate?" He was obviously out of his mind on something so i told him to "***k off".He really started then,screaming abuse and threatening us.Suddenly he lurched off the bench and came towards us.My mate had a bottle of Stella which he smashed in to the side of this blokes head,he hit the floor like a sack of ****.We started to give him a good shoeing but people were coming out of a nearby pub,so not wanting to spend the night in a Liverpool nick, we legged it.I just hope it has made him think before he abuses strangers again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

Great stuff, more adventures please. Did you get him with the bottle after you broke it? Tell us, how good did it really feel kicking an unconscious person on the ground. Were there really only two of you kicking him? Cool.

Last question. What makes you think we want people like you around here?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭ecom

Package wrote: »
    get up and funch the FFFing head off him
    i should shouldnt i
    punch the FFFing scumbags head in, go on,, needle the C.U.N.T.
    what? are you FFFing serious? cause i wont give yous money?
    who the FFF are you talking ta, who? ill cut your FFFing throat ya priiiick
    what are ya saying,, you wanna be FFFing cut open?

normally, at this point youd lose it and smash their heads in like they deserve, but the whole "needle the CUN>T" thing had thrown me. last thing i need is a disease off one of these THINGs

the abuse lasted about another 2 minutes untill the luas came,, loads of yeah cause you were born with a silver spoon in your mouth you scumbag. me? the scumbag?

has anyone else encountered this kind of abuse when refusing to give every person who begs some money?

Thats outrageous! What did the guards do when you called them? I presume you called them obviously.....

Hagar wrote: »
    Great stuff, more adventures please. Did you get him with the bottle after you broke it? Tell us, how good did it really feel kicking an unconscious person on the ground. Were there really only two of you kicking him? Cool.

Last question. What makes you think we want people like you around here?

Exactly what "type of people" do you like around here your Holiness.I shall try to change if it helps me fit in. It's very PC of you to take the side of some smacked-up lunatic who would have had no qualms about attacking me. Would you like him living next door to you. Or,God forbid turning up at your golf club?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 969 ✭✭✭sunzz

^^ I lol'd

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

Tex Diablo wrote: »
    Exactly what "type of people" do you like around here your Holiness.
    Decent people, not thugs.
    I'm not "your Holiness" , you're mixing me up with PopeBenny16.
    I shall try to change if it helps me fit in.
    Don't go to any trouble on my account.
    It's very PC of you to take the side of some smacked-up lunatic who would have had no qualms about attacking me.
    I'm not PC, in any way, shape or form.
    Don't worry about being attacked, as long as you and you can buddy roam the streets drinking (illegal I thought, but there you go) and are able to beat people over the head with bottles you'll be grand.
    Would you like him living next door to you.
    Maybe he does, did you catch his name?
    Or,God forbid turning up at your golf club?
    I don't play golf. I played pitch and putt once in Finglas, does that count?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,575 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Package wrote: »
    it was about ten past 6 and dark, when i got there. there was a couple of people standing waiting on the luas.

So did other people see what went on and just ignore it? If so that makes it even worse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭TheVan

Two Mistakes

1. Traveling on the Red Line (red is a well known danger colour....knacks and scumbags abound on the Red Line)

2. Not taking out a E50 note from your pocket and saying, "mate this is all I have and I think you'll agree I shouldn't give it to you". He would then reply "fair enough old chap"

PS - the title of the post has "attacked my knackers". I thought it was going to be a hilarious thread about punching yourself in the goolies.

I was wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

ecom wrote: »
    Thats outrageous! What did the guards do when you called them? I presume you called them obviously.....

While I would always advocate calling the plod for any sort of crime, they clearly would have laughed this off and probably told you that there is actual crime going on which they need to take care of. And they'd be right.

The OP took a bit of abuse from junkies, had the OP actually felt threatened, then the OP should have moved to a different spot, or even walked to the next Luas stop.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,865 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

About two years ago me and my mate were walking home from the pub.We passed a bench with some bloke sitting on it who did the usual,"Got any change mate?" He was obviously out of his mind on something so i told him to "***k off".He really started then,screaming abuse and threatening us.

Firstly where was the need to tell him to "f*ck off"? A simple "Sorry mate I've no change" would have sufficed. I don't blame him for getting pissed.

Secondly you and your mates no doubt had a couple of coins goin spare after a night in the pub. Would have done you no harm to chuck him a few coppers. Everyone's happy.
    Suddenly he lurched off the bench and came towards us.My mate had a bottle of Stella which he smashed in to the side of this blokes head,he hit the floor like a sack of ****.We started to give him a good shoeing but people were coming out of a nearby pub,so not wanting to spend the night in a Liverpool nick, we legged it.I just hope it has made him think before he abuses strangers again.

Well that's scumbag of the highest order. There were was one of him and a couple of you so you think it's a hard man thing to put the boot into a guy when he's on the floor? I saw the exact same thing happen in a pub fight here on Sunday afternoon. Guy unconscious after a couple of digs and a few bright sparks decided to weigh in with a few kicks while he was on the ground out of it, splitting his head in the process. Absolutely disgusting and a true sign of a coward. Bet if you were walkin home on your own you wouldn't be too quick to get into a fight with him.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,575 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

connundrum wrote: »
    While I would always advocate calling the plod for any sort of crime, they clearly would have laughed this off and probably told you that there is actual crime going on which they need to take care of. And they'd be right.

Uh no they wouldn't. Did you read the original post? I'm no expert on law but I'm pretty sure you can't demand money from someone and then threaten to cut their "FFFing throat".

If they laughed that off then they belong in the cast of Police Academy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Nick_oliveri

"needle the C.U.N.T."
    Wow thats fairly scummy. Fack!

The last time i was in Dublin i seen some poor junkies nearly riding a wall, drinking cans with teeth like a rusty rake. I felt sorry for them. They were obviously scagged out of it. i dont know how ye city folk can stick the depravity.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭KingOfFairview

I got mugged with syringes twice when I was a kid. First time we were taken down a lane besude Busaras and searched and robbed, though not battered. Scared the **** out of me though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭SheroN

The junkie problem is gone way out of control. It's even gotten worse in my eyes over the past month.

Over the past 3 days I've seen:

a) a guy shooting up in a phone box on dame street on Sunday at 2pm. While a garda stood about 20 seconds away watching cars drive down the road.

b) Someone openly dealing herroin on Dame Street. "Sit down there a t the ATM and beg and get some money I'll give you a bag then"

SheroN wrote: »
    The junkie problem is gone way out of control. It's even gotten worse in my eyes over the past month.

Over the past 3 days I've seen:

a) a guy shooting up in a phone box on dame street on Sunday at 2pm. While a garda stood about 20 seconds away watching cars drive down the road.

b) Someone openly dealing herroin on Dame Street. "Sit down there a t the ATM and beg and get some money I'll give you a bag then"

Its bad, but nowhere near as bad as it was about ten years ago. Dublin was swarming with junkies then, there isnt as many around now wouldnt you agree?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭SheroN

I was 15 10 years ago and didn't live in Dublin so I couldn't honestly say :-)

SheroN wrote: »
    I was 15 10 years ago and didn't live in Dublin so I couldn't honestly say :-)

Fair enough. I think its still a big problem, but I was 17 ten years ago and town just seemed to be teeming with them, had to watch your back a lot more... maybe its part of looking a lot less like a viable target now, but I havent felt threatened by one in years and I genuinely think theres a hell of a lot less of them floating around

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Drummerboy2

The Malborough Street area is now notorious for drug addicts. Very harrowing sight. They are like the living dead. Young women with children in prams. They mostly argue among themselves, but I have heard of many instances of people being attacked. Luckily I'm 6'5" so not likely to get hassled. The vast majority of these people have no future whatsoever and in all likelihood will be dead in a few years time. Sad but true.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

Uh no they wouldn't. Did you read the original post? I'm no expert on law but I'm pretty sure you can't demand money from someone and then threaten to cut their "FFFing throat".

If they laughed that off then they belong in the cast of Police Academy.

I'm speaking from experience, which is why I may sound cynical. A building that I look after is constantly riddled with junkies who use it as their personal shooting up gallery. We had been calling the Guards constantly, but found that it was futile as they were pretty much powerless to do anything more than move the junkies along. I do not hold the Guards at all responsible for this problem, as they are working within their remit.

Maybe I shouldn't have said that the OP would be laughed at, but on the scale of things, this incident wouldn't rate too high on the Guards' to do list.

Again, had I been confronted with two junkies who were having a go, I would have simply walked on. If you engage them, you'll only frustrate yourself or heighten tensions. If you kick the bollocks out of them, it means a free night in hospital with a couple of hot meals to boot. Either way they win.

Walk on and ignore.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,222 ✭✭✭✭biko

almost attacked my knackers at the luas stop

Best part of thread was the misleading title. Your knackers?! :D

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Firstly where was the need to tell him to "f*ck off"? A simple "Sorry mate I've no change" would have sufficed. I don't blame him for getting pissed.

Secondly you and your mates no doubt had a couple of coins goin spare after a night in the pub. Would have done you no harm to chuck him a few coppers. Everyone's happy.

Well that's scumbag of the highest order. There were was one of him and a couple of you so you think it's a hard man thing to put the boot into a guy when he's on the floor? I saw the exact same thing happen in a pub fight here on Sunday afternoon. Guy unconscious after a couple of digs and a few bright sparks decided to weigh in with a few kicks while he was on the ground out of it, splitting his head in the process. Absolutely disgusting and a true sign of a coward. Bet if you were walkin home on your own you wouldn't be too quick to get into a fight with him.

Thank you for your sweeping generalisations and for thinking you know me so well,not at all arrogant.May i just say i have been attacked twice by junkies,the last time put me in hospital.I have had a blood filled syringe thrown at me and last year my sister had her nose badly broken trying to stop her handbag being stolen whilst shopping with her two year old.So forgive me for not sharing your bleeding-heart sentiments.
    Tell me,should i give every crack addict or smack-head money,just to "keep everyone happy" or only the ones who ask nicely and say thank you?
    I too now live in Perth,thankfully it's not nearly as infested with these gob****es as back in the UK.Perhaps this has given you the rose coloured view you have of them.
    I was walking home minding my own business.HE was threatening ME.HE could have had a knife or syringe.HE was the one putting himself in harms way.
    This is a forum for opinions and in my opinion the only good junkie is an injured one.
    Take care on the mean streets of W.A.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭0ubliette

Not to sound reactionary but they should all be wiped out. Possibly in some sort of death camp.
    Did a stint working in a net cafe a few years ago, one friday night junkies decided to shoot up in the phone boxes. After what seemed like forever wondering if i was going to find a dead body in a phone box on my second day at work they staggered out, muttering something about me 'turnin off de fowns' and 'has anybodey gorreny toila roll' to the whole shop, they left, i quit, and have never looked back.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,865 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Thank you for your sweeping generalisations and for thinking you know me so well,not at all arrogant.May i just say i have been attacked twice by junkies,the last time put me in hospital.I have had a blood filled syringe thrown at me and last year my sister had her nose badly broken trying to stop her handbag being stolen whilst shopping with her two year old.So forgive me for not sharing your bleeding-heart sentiments.Tell me,should i give every crack addict or smack-head money,just to "keep everyone happy" or only the ones who ask nicely and say thank you?

Maybe if you and your family did adopt a more pleasant approach some of those incidents could have been avoided. "F*ck off" is generally a comment that is going to incite a reaction.
    I too now live in Perth,thankfully it's not nearly as infested with these gob****es as back in the UK.Perhaps this has given you the rose coloured view you have of them.

Ok I moved to Perth in February having spent 21 years in Ireland. I know what I'm talking about. You clearly musn't venture into Northbridge too much if you think it's all smelling of roses. Ever been approached by drunk/glue sniffing aboriginies? As bad, if not worse, than Irish junkies as they take absolutely no sh*t and if you start on one there'll be ten more around the corner waiting.
    I was walking home minding my own business.HE was threatening ME.HE could have had a knife or syringe.HE was the one putting himself in harms way.

He only threatened you after your hostility in telling him to "f*ck off".
    This is a forum for opinions and in my opinion the only good junkie is an injured one.

Are you sure he was a junkie and not just a homeless beggar?

Thank you for your concern.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

So did other people see what went on and just ignore it? If so that makes it even worse.

What would you have done if you were one of the other people there? There's no way I would get involved with aggressive junkies that may or may not have had a syringe.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭Tony Danza

I agree with you, if the guy was big enough to make threats because you wouldn't give him any money, then he was big to take what came to him. Although I would say kicking him when he's down is a little over the top, but I still think your actions are better than just giving him money.

Advertisement