Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

almost attacked my knackers at the luas stop

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

....yea, but YOU were the thug that smashed the bottle, and YOU were the thug that kicked some one when they were down.

Kinda like a knacker would do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭latenia

If the worst comes to the worst, they're actually very easy to deal with due to their condition. Push one and he'll go flying about 15 feet back and not be able to get up for at least 10 seconds, leaving you with a chance to get away. I've had to do this 4 or 5 times, although I've never faced a syringe which would probably make me sh1t myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

I got a syringe held to my neck when I was in school and my walkman (remember them!) robbed, made me **** scared to go into town for ages, I wouldnt go near the place for months, then one smackhead tried to rob me when I was a bit older and wiser (also in town), and I remembered the words my Dad told me after it happened :

"Hit em a dig in the stomach" - ive never seen a junkie fall so quick, he was dead right, I didnt like doin it but it might have made him think twice before the next time he tries robbing some young teenager for his mp3 player/phone/whatever....

Im not a violent person or would I advocate violence in the slightest, but sometimes these muppets need to be thought a lesson - their way....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

Tex Diablo wrote: »
    I too now live in Perth,thankfully it's not nearly as infested with these gob****es as back in the UK.
    The Luas goes to the UK? No wonder it cost so much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭SheroN

I had one on Dame Street last year ask me for money. I told him I had no money so he replies "I bet if I mugged you you'd have money". I totally lost the head and started shouting at him asking him what he said. I pushed him and he fell backwards onto the ground. I went to walk off and he started swearing at me, so i turned and started to walk back towards him and he started cowering like a broken shell of a man.

I admit pushing him was a step too far, I don't think he was expecting me to lose the head though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,415 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

I've always wondered about the whole syringe thing, like after they stick you, is there not this wonderful sense of perverse abandon and revenge that you can now smash this guy up without the fear of the worst happening? do they not realise once they do that you're gonna give them the hiding to end all hidings?

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭uglyjohn

i hate them, i really do but i dont agree with tex.

ok maybe instinct took over when he came at you so you swung the bottle without thinking, you had a bad experience in the past so i can look past that...but you and your mates were kicking him on the ground makes you scum.
    if the police had come along then its you who would have ended up in court.

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭uglyjohn

griffdaddy wrote: »
    I've always wondered about the whole syringe thing, like after they stick you, is there not this wonderful sense of perverse abandon and revenge that you can now smash this guy up without the fear of the worst happening? do they not realise once they do that you're gonna give them the hiding to end all hidings?

i dont really think revenge can make up for aids.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭kmick

SheroN wrote: »
    I had one on Dame Street last year ask me for money. I told him I had no money so he replies "I bet if I mugged you you'd have money". I totally lost the head and started shouting at him asking him what he said. I pushed him and he fell backwards onto the ground. I went to walk off and he started swearing at me, so i turned and started to walk back towards him and he started cowering like a broken shell of a man.

I admit pushing him was a step too far, I don't think he was expecting me to lose the head though!

I found this approach works also. Its like a barking dog - they are more afraid of you then you are of them. Saw my mate screaming at one guy one night and he ran for his life. Act aggro and they back off. They can mug a defenceless granny instead of you.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

I've lived in Dublin all my life and I've never had hassle from junkies nor seen any shooting up. Seen plenty on the side of the street, obviously.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭Procasinator

biko wrote: »
    almost attacked my knackers at the luas stop

Best part of thread was the misleading title. Your knackers?! :D

Fo' sure! In Australia knackers can refer to your balls. I thought we might have to suggest this be moved for to PI for an addiction to spanking the monkey in public.

The OP should have smacked the monkeys giving him hassle though. I wouldn't reccommend violence, but there is no reasoning with scum. Try to say something, all you get is "I'll bust your jaw" or "Shut up or I slit ya". Unfortunately, this isn't just the case in Dublin; it stretches throughout the country: cities and towns.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 Tex Diablo

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Maybe if you and your family did adopt a more pleasant approach some of those incidents could have been avoided. "F*ck off" is generally a comment that is going to incite a reaction.

Ok I moved to Perth in February having spent 21 years in Ireland. I know what I'm talking about. You clearly musn't venture into Northbridge too much if you think it's all smelling of roses. Ever been approached by drunk/glue sniffing aboriginies? As bad, if not worse, than Irish junkies as they take absolutely no sh*t and if you start on one there'll be ten more around the corner waiting.

He only threatened you after your hostility in telling him to "f*ck off".

Are you sure he was a junkie and not just a homeless beggar?

Thank you for your concern.

Believe me i've had plenty of experiences with abo's sonny

OT slightly but oh well.

I was in New York in October for my brother's wedding. We were walking through Manhattan trying to find a nice pub (this involved much drunken dancing). When these 2 homeless guys came up to us. They kept asking my brother and his best friend for some money, when the best friend asked what he wanted the money for. He was told for food. So the best friend tells him to follow him, and they go off into a pizza joint where he proceeded to buy the 2 men pizza.

The first, who had asked for the money originally, delightfully took the pizza, whilst the second, who obviously wanted it for something else, just walked away. We continued on our merry drunken way with the first shouting at us, "you're a kind, kind man"

Just a light-hearted story to cheer this up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,415 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

uglyjohn wrote: »
    i dont really think revenge can make up for aids.
    oh yeah, of course i accept that totally. but situationally, how is the attacker better off doing it it if once it's done he's gonna get nothing except Griffdaddy's Greatest Hits?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Tex Diablo wrote: »
    Believe me i've had plenty of experiences with abo's sonny

Then why say Perth is some sort of safe haven in comparison to Dublin?

Tony Danza wrote: »
    I agree with you, if the guy was big enough to make threats because you wouldn't give him any money, then he was big to take what came to him. Although I would say kicking him when he's down is a little over the top, but I still think your actions are better than just giving him money.

Thank you. I am not proud of what i did and i might not do the same again. It's very difficult to know how you would react in any given situation, especially one where you're life might be in danger(something the holier than thou people might consider) Perhaps i did go over the top but at the end of it all i wasn't the one in hospital or with HIV.

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Then why say Perth is some sort of safe haven in comparison to Dublin?

Generally you have to seek out abo's to have a serious problem with them.I have found junkies seek you out.

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭MonkeyWrench

Myself and 2 mates were walking home in Galway a few years back and 3 lads came up to us with sandbags wrapped around their arms. They were all built like mike tyson and on serious drugs. They didn't even say anything to us just whacked us in the head. 2 of us got away but unfortunately my mate didn't, he appeared in the local hospital an hour later and we didn't even recognise him cause his face was so badly beaten. I found out later that night that they went to Eyre square and stabbed a bouncer through the face. They only got a couple of months in the slammer. My 2 cents..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭DonJose

oleras wrote: »
    I dont live in Dublin, T.F. But if a stray dog came up to me barking and growling, he would get a kick in stones......take from that what you like.

At least they put down stray dogs......take from that what you like ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

You know "abo" is a derogatory term right?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,015 ✭✭✭Wossack

Jumpy wrote: »

and "junkies" is a term of endearment?

Wossack wrote: »
    and "junkies" is a term of endearment?

Heh, maybe not, but one is not racist.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭marcsignal

was waiting in line at an ATM on dame street a few years ago where there was a junkie begging. As the line moved, and I got up closer to the ATM, I realised the junkie was a bloke I used to drink and club with years before. When I got to the machine, I took out a few quid, and gave him the change I had in my pocket. He was just there with the cup, staring straight ahead. I don't know if he even recognized me. I didn't say anything, as I thought he would be embarassed.

Very depressing experience, as he was an outgoing, really nice bloke when I knew him years before. Could be any of us I guess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Binomate

OP, you are a cruel and cold hearted person. I find it disgusting that you couldn't spare some poor homeless men a few pennies while you made your way back to your nice cosy bed from your place of work. Work that these men I'm sure were trying to get but have the barrier of being homeless to try and get around first.

Then you rub in the fact that they're in the situation they're in by saying that they're "all right". You should be ashamed.

Firstly I do not agree with what you did Dex. I think they are the scum of the earth too but anyone that hits anyone over the head with a bottle is also a scumbag(I have a best friend that is now brain damaged from someone doing it to him while in Dublin city). How do you know he was a junkie? Why didn't you just hit him a box like a real man? Ok I know your going to say he might of had a syringe / knife etc but as you said he didn't.

Secondly, I meet my dad each week for a few pints in Sean O' Casey's on the junkie infested Malborough street. I've been doing it for the last 10 months or so and we have had 2 incidents with these scumbags. Both were dealt with quite easily by giving them an aggressive response. The first time we both just told the guy to **** off like Dex did but we didn't get a response(maybe because my da is a big chap & im not so small myself). The second time however some guy grabbed my da's arm outside the abbey theatre and my dad gave a reactive punch to the stomach(Yes as someone already said it works a dream) and he went down like a ton of bricks. Most of them will back down once given an abrout response because they are cowardly **** under it all. Its not just Dublin though, its rapant all over the world. At the end of the day, nearly all of these **** chose to take the drug so its their karma. I just feel sorry for the kids born to junkies as they are addicted from birth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

on the night of the boards beers at halloween the same begger asked me twice within a few minutes for change, the loud f"ck off i gave him worked a treat

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭fatboypee

I had an experience with the junkies outside Heuston a few weeks back... putting in my cash for a luas ticket, as the change got dispensed a hand appeared round the side of the machine (junkie pretending to be asleep by the side of it), into the change tray and tried to have the cash away (remains of a fiver)....

when asked wtf he was doing he apologised and said "thought you'd left it there"... if he hadn't, he'da stood half a chance of getting a bob or two, as it was he got nothin...

FBP.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Jumpy wrote: »

Is it? :D
    abo.org.uk wrote:
    The ABO is the national body representing the collective interests of professional orchestras throughout the UK

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

Package wrote: »
    no, im small which is probably why they got so fresh, bet they wouldnt whimper to a 6ft2 brick ****house. i agree totally with your method of fixation though ;)

You should bring Mairt everywhere with you ;)

• Advertisement

Is it? :D

Seriously stop using the term. Those damn orchestra people will be on you like a rash, and a whipping with those violin bows hurt.

Advertisement