Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

almost attacked my knackers at the luas stop

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭ionapaul

marcsignal wrote: »
    No, he learned that in the old country for sure, having said that, I'd hazard a guess he was aiming his comments at the Roma specifically, as opposd to Romanians in general. I hang out with plenty of ordinary Romanians in here in Germany, and a good 99% of them despise the Roma too.
    Yeah, I suppose you are right on that one, they 'looked' Roma (whatever that is) and he went straight for them...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭wil

Package wrote: »
    almost attacked my knackers at the luas stop
    OP, You should find everything you need to know here.
    Dont scratch

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

You are my hero. :rolleyes:

What a vile, disgusting worm you are. Are you sure that you you were not one of the people who the original poster referred to?

Try acting like this in Perth, see how long the Aussie police will let you away with acting like a scumbag.
    That person has been banned from After Hours.
    Please try readig the whole thread before putting down someone who cannot reply to your post.
    Thanks.
    Saskia wrote: »
    This is a *serious* problem in Dublin that needs to be addressed by our excuse of a government as its only a matter of time before someone is killed on a busy street in public view by one of these scumbags.

Shoot every last one of them.

In the head.

That's not very mature, is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭congo_90

Central bank, any given time of day. While i would wait there for my gf to come into town to meet up i would inevitably see all the junkies wanderin. Of course a few times i was approached. I'm very streetwise and never show my wallet out in the open. My bus fare is always prepared so i can say all i have is that etc. One day there was a horrible one wandering around. I went to leave when he approached me. He kept asking for change and i refused. Went on to pull a needle out from his sleeve. i was shocked. Bright sunny day in at central bank? just as he done that two garda were walking by. I took a step back and shouted for help. The two gards came over straight away. I was a good bit shook up so ended up going home with the gf.

It's terrible how we can't walk the streets safely anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭oleras

Terry wrote: »

would never have put you down as a grudge holder terry........ ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

TBH I'm more concerned about drunk c*nts coming out of clubs at 3am than junkies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭Trojan911

ionapaul wrote: »
    Got a question for those who might know the law: if someone comes up to me in the dark, threatens me with a needle (that I can't see / in their pocket) and I feel genuinely in fear for my safety, what is the limit of my actions? Can I punch them? Push them? Or just run away? What is the law? I imagine even if it were illegal to punch in that situation, you wouldn't get more than a slap on the wrist if it came to court, which seems very doubtful.

The safest option would be to run, if you can. Then report it to Gardai. The law allows the use of reasonable & justifiable force to defend oneself.

However you use that force will be down to a jury to decide if it was reasonable or justified, if it gets to court in the first place. A solicitor would advise you better. I am not a solicitor.
    That policy will not change as it suits governments to have low crime stats and then applaud themselves for misleading the public.

Yes, I agree.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭0ubliette

this thread has successfully made me want to never leave my house again. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭seanabc

this thread has successfully made me want to never leave my house again. Thanks.

What about junkies breaking into houses? There's that too. Better hide in the attic! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,276 ✭✭✭Archeron

seanabc wrote: »
    What about junkies breaking into houses? There's that too. Better hide in the attic! ;)

There are really big spiders in the attic, and some of them have heroin problems.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭SimpleSam06

Archeron wrote: »
    There are really big spiders in the attic, and some of them have heroin problems.
    Once there are no sharks, thats alright. I hate sharks, coming up from the briny deeps all fangulous and mouthy. Oughta be a law. Heroin addicted sharks could be a bonus though, we could feed them all the junkies. We'd probably have to, in case they come down out of the attic looking for a fix. When we run out of junkies we could always burn the roofs off all the buildings, I suppose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 596 ✭✭✭hottstuff

I know no-one wants to throw money away but in a situation like the OP describes , a 50c or 1 euro (if your a stuck up ***) can do some damage if thrown directly in the abusers face!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭andyl222

I think the majority of people who frequent the city centre have had similar experiences with junkies.... it's a shame that Dublin has gone this way. I reckon junkies are becoming alot more brazen, assuming that you should give them money because they asked.
    I work on exchequer street and some mornings when I'm waiting outside for the place to open up I'll get approached 7 times in a 1/2 hour. Thats fooking ridiculous! One of the security guards nearby mentioned that the way junkies approach people in a threatening manner and asking for money used to be deemed a crime (obtaining money through menacing behaviour or something along those lines) but that it was revoked as a criminal activity many years ago. That to me, defies any logic, surely as the junkie population soared more emphasis should have been placed on tackling the problem of begging and threatening people instead of turning a blind eye to it. Its a joke. I can walk 10 seconds from work and see a multitude of junkies shooting up, the Gardai just stroll past them.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭seanabc

I get asked for change a lot too, although I've never had much of a problem with someone persistently asking for it. I did have an argument with a junkie one time a couple of years ago. He took offence at the short way I just said no. He felt I wasn't acknowledging his humanity or something.

They usually just go away when you say no. And I do say no now. A few years ago I'd give a bit of change to a beggar now and again if they got me at the right time but it's just a firm 'No' policy now even if my pockets are bulging with change.

I have seen this persistent begging though, and I'm not talking about Chuggers. The two most recent times was a young gypsie girl who just stood in front of one old man waiting for a bus and kept saying 'please' and pointing at her shoes. She did go away in the end.

The time before that was at a bus-stop as well. An middle eastern-looking guy in a long-trench coat was walking along the bus queue with his hand out. There was another middle-eastern guy in the queue and he just stopped in his tracks in front of him and stood there with his hand out. After a pause of a few seconds the guy gave him a bit of a change. The beggar looked at it for a few seconds and drew his hand back like he was going to either hit the guy or throw the change back at him but then he just kept walking on.

It is strange that these types of things are not illegal any more. I don't see anything progressive about tolerating begging.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭mox54

Don't take any crap from these wasters, I meet them all the time and just tell them to f%$k off and annoy someone else!!!.:mad:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Package

sorry about the lack of responce from me, ive been kinda busy. where do i start ?
    Mr.S wrote: »
    OP, tbh you should have given him the change, since he heard/saw the change come from the machine and you told him you had none, that just anoyed him

why should i give money to everyone who asks me some? i couldnt care less if he got annoyed or not.
    irishbird wrote: »
    You should bring Mairt everywhere with you ;)

yeah, a good kicking is what they all need, hoe much are ya Mairt?

TJJP wrote: »
    Right on. I remember the time a guy pulled a knife on me on the 27 bus near Tayto in Coolock. I couldn't decide whether to bring him home for hot bath and one of my best fluffy towels or get outta dodge.

are you kidding me? invite scum like this into your house? you end up tied up in the bathroom with all your belongings gone
    So did other people see what went on and just ignore it? If so that makes it even worse.

yeah they did, but as it was pointed out, i dont blame others for not getting involved with aggresive junkies
    TheVan wrote: »
    the title of the post has "attacked my knackers". I thought it was going to be a hilarious thread about punching yourself in the goolies.

I was wrong

:D:D:D
    connundrum wrote: »
    The OP took a bit of abuse from junkies, had the OP actually felt threatened, then the OP should have moved to a different spot, or even walked to the next Luas stop.

i did feel threatened, very fecking threatened. the thing is, i can handle myself very well. ive been doing martial arts since i was a kid, and i always carry a spring batton everywhere i go. i could have easily dealt with it in a voilent way without the toe rags standing a chance. i chose not to.i think that stands to me???
    Xavi6 wrote: »
    Firstly where was the need to tell him to "f*ck off"? A simple "Sorry mate I've no change" would have sufficed. I don't blame him for getting pissed.

???? more joking huh? obviosly a simple "Sorry mate I've no change" doesnt suffice. and you dont blame him for getting pissed? ok, lets walk around town with you all day and see how much money you give to the junkies who abuse you
    I'm no expert on law but I'm pretty sure you can't demand money from someone and then threaten to cut their "FFFing throat"..

true, but we all know the cops would do sweet FA about it
    Binomate wrote: »
    OP, you are a cruel and cold hearted person. I find it disgusting that you couldn't spare some poor homeless men a few pennies while you made your way back to your nice cosy bed from your place of work. Work that these men I'm sure were trying to get but have the barrier of being homeless to try and get around first.

Then you rub in the fact that they're in the situation they're in by saying that they're "all right". You should be ashamed.

oh my sweet mother of jesus, "poor homeless men"???? they are filthy junkie swine, not looking for jobs or anything like it. they are given vfree stuff by the way, they dont need to beg for money for a hostel. they can go to hostels for free.

i used to walk home from town from work every day because i gave the same beggar my bus fare cause he seemed very nice and genuine, untill an associate of mine revealed that begging was his "job", to make himself rough looking and go out begging, and he made a hell of a lot more money than i did putting in a hard full weeks work. i also gave a homeless guy my shoes and walked home in the rain in my socks. what was i thinking. coldhearted huh Binomate?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,538 ✭✭✭Requiem4adream

Got 8 stitches (staples) in my head last year, not sure if it's on topic or not - im not sure if they were junkies or just scumbags, either way - new policy in life: do not stand, do not debate, do not engage brain or fists.... Warp 6, Engage Legs!!!! Carl Lewis not Lennox Lewis, that's my life policy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭condra

Got 8 stitches (staples) in my head last year, not sure if it's on topic or not - im not sure if they were junkies or just scumbags, either way - new policy in life: do not stand, do not debate, do not engage brain or fists.... Warp 6, Engage Legs!!!! Carl Lewis not Lennox Lewis, that's my life policy.

Really sorry to hear that man. F**king scumbags like that make me wish I was a theist.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭layke

I've yet to see anyone with the mentality of: Why give a junkie some spare change to bang up on heroin? It's the main reason I will never give them change, ever. Also being allowed to hang around the Luás station in the first place is very bad for the locals and not to mention how it looks to the tourests.

A few friends have been slashed and stabbed by junkies, I've been robbed by them myself at knifepoint while working in a video shop when I was 17. When I was in college in Ballyfermot I remember seeing one trying to take a **** by leaning up against a tree and pulling his undies forward. ****in' scustin'.

Anyway, no way am I the sort of PC person who believes in hope for all mankind (bla-de-blah). The fact is, you take Heroin your doing it to yourself why should I bail you out or help supply you with this drug? In my mind you contribute to the problem when you give out your spare change.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

When I was a lot younger i used to wonder why homeless people/junkies didn't just save up all their change they'd been given and gotten a house. Lol.

But if a junkie specifically targets me asks me for change I'll always so "No sorry buddy I've only enough for the Luas". I don't even live on a Luas line but it always seems to work. Granted if I walk past one on the street and they ask, or if they're squatted at the ATM I just ignore them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 539 ✭✭✭DawnMc

Something I've always found works with teenage scumbags starting on you is to simply say;

'I know your social worker'

I saw one shoot up on the 77 a few years ago. That teaches me for sitting down the back I guess :rolleyes:

Those junkies are all sack and no balls, a stiff wind would blow them over.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭Mweelrea

Package wrote: »
    i was standing at the luas stop getting a ticket one day and this junkie asked me for money,, when i said no he called me a hungry B,,astard. i was so shocked i turned and walked off. but get this

ok, i was finished work a couple of weeks ago and walked down to the luas stop at houston station to get the luas into town. it was about ten past 6 and dark, when i got there. there was a couple of people standing waiting on the luas.

i went to put money into the machine, and when the junkie who was goofing off heard the money drop, he raised his head, but not his eye lids and muttered the usual "any change there bud", . when i said "no man,sorry, ive no change". the conversation went something like this

go on,, gis some money
    i dont have any man
    yeah ya do, ,gis a few quid for a hostel
    no
    **** sake man, youve loads of change
    no your alright
    how the **** am i alright, i wouldnt be here if i was alright would i

i collected my ticket and walked towrads where the luas would be. to my surprise, it didnt stop there. the other guy, who seemed just to be a drunk joined in (in green)

get up and funch the FFFing head off him
    i should shouldnt i
    punch the FFFing scumbags head in, go on,, needle the C.U.N.T.
    what? are you FFFing serious? cause i wont give yous money?
    who the FFF are you talking ta, who? ill cut your FFFing throat ya priiiick
    what are ya saying,, you wanna be FFFing cut open?

normally, at this point youd lose it and smash their heads in like they deserve, but the whole "needle the CUN>T" thing had thrown me. last thing i need is a disease off one of these THINGs

the abuse lasted about another 2 minutes untill the luas came,, loads of yeah cause you were born with a silver spoon in your mouth you scumbag. me? the scumbag?

has anyone else encountered this kind of abuse when refusing to give every person who begs some money?

i was in dublin not so long ago when i was just standing around minding by own business waiting for my friend to come out of a shop when some guy walks up to me and asks for some change when i replied no he threatened to skewer me and walked off, wasn't to sure what he meant until a taxi driver later explained that he meant needle.

What is it with thugs and needles?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

Mweelrea wrote: »
    What is it with thugs and needles?

It's all they have. That and decent pain tolerance when they are on something.

If you put down a junkie it can take a while to keep them there.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,300 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

ronoc wrote: »
    I saw one shoot up on the 77 a few years ago. That teaches me for sitting down the back I guess :rolleyes:
    Work up in Swords, and over the summer see (and smell) a lot of the f**kes getting high down the back of the 41c & 41 bus.

Advertisement