Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

please lock this thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Report it and the relevant mod will deal with it as they see fit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

You would get a quicker resposne and alert the mod of the forum the cat mods and the smods if you use the report.gif
    report post function.

Report all the posts that you think are getting out of hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Why?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭togster

Its locked now and i really don't know why.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭Agamemnon

togster wrote: »
    :rolleyes: Maybe you should try reading the thread.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭togster

Maybe you should get a life and quit stalking my posts.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

togster wrote: »
    Waterford's a pretty small place, so posters there are bound to know some of the people involved. General commentary on the thing is fine, but getting down the minutae of it and discussing what are fairly private details on a public forum is a bit much.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

deise-lady wrote: »
    Whoever is in charge, please lock this thread, it's really getting out of hand and it's very upsetting for people involved.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055189296

For future reference, you can use this button under the user name report.gif to report abuse or problems with a thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭homah_7ft

seamus wrote: »
    Waterford's a pretty small place, so posters there are bound to know some of the people involved. General commentary on the thing is fine, but getting down the minutae of it and discussing what are fairly private details on a public forum is a bit much.

So I presume the Katy French thread in Showbiz will be locked on the same basis. Ireland is pretty small and posters are sure to know her too.

Edit: Sorry not saying it's your call or anything just wondering if you think it's the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

homah_7ft wrote: »
    So I presume the Katy French thread in Showbiz will be locked on the same basis. Ireland is pretty small and posters are sure to know her too.
    I haven't read it, but that depends on what's being said. Provided that people stay on a par with the media and don't start giving out private details heard in confidence from her family and friends, I don't see a problem with it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

People in Showbiz generally forfeit their right to absolute privacy in exchange for fame.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭homah_7ft

I haven't read it, but that depends on what's being said. Provided that people stay on a par with the media and don't start giving out private details heard in confidence from her family and friends, I don't see a problem with it.

Thanks. I was trying to work out myself where the balance should lie.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Thaedydal wrote: »
    You would get a quicker resposne and alert the mod of the forum the cat mods and the smods if you use the report.gif
    report post function.

Report all the posts that you think are getting out of hand.
    She's absolutely right!

Hang on... :eek:
    biko wrote: »
    For future reference, you can use this button under the user name report.gif to report abuse or problems with a thread.

I'd better cut back on the whiskey before bed-time, I'm getting double-vision!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭deise-lady

Report it and the relevant mod will deal with it as they see fit.

The mod was part of the thread

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Don't get me wrong. There's no problem with starting a thread in Feedback to bring the thread to the attention of the powers that be, in fact you were on the money in doing so. You did your business just fine :)

Reporting a thread will bring it to the forums mod(s),and CMod(s). The SMods may also have a look. It's just a quick means of flagging troublesome posts.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

deise-lady: You could have came to me with your concerns. I don't believe the family were upset, as they certinally never told me. I already agreed to withdraw the offending statement, and did so earlier on in the thread. I also agreed to stop releasing the family news.

After that, the discussion was fine in my opinion.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

There was only one post of private details. To be fair, one mother has given us a running commentary on RTE anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

r3nu4l wrote: »
    I'd better cut back on the whiskey before bed-time, I'm getting double-vision!! :D
    I need to cut back too, I think :D Anyway, there is power is repetition :)

Advertisement