Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nokia Alarm

• 04-12-2007 10:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 30

Hi,

Just wondering has anyone else had this problem and can help me solve it. I have had a nokia 6230i a good while now (1yr+). I have used it every morning as my alarm clock. For some reason the past two mornings the alarm has made no sound, just vibration. Fortunately I have woke up, but as I am a very heavy sleeper, its only a matter of time before I sleep in! It worked last Friday, I didn't use it all weekend and didn't work on Monday. I'm pretty sure I didn't change any settings. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.....

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Soundman

pbug21 wrote: »
    Hi,

Just wondering has anyone else had this problem and can help me solve it. I have had a nokia 6230i a good while now (1yr+). I have used it every morning as my alarm clock. For some reason the past two mornings the alarm has made no sound, just vibration. Fortunately I have woke up, but as I am a very heavy sleeper, its only a matter of time before I sleep in! It worked last Friday, I didn't use it all weekend and didn't work on Monday. I'm pretty sure I didn't change any settings. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.....

Do you keep the phone on 24/7 by any chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 30 pbug21

Ye, all the time. its never off. Had it on the charge last nite, but on Sunday it wasn't.

Ye, all the time. its never off. Had it on the charge last nite, but on Sunday it wasn't.

That there might just be your problem. I am the same and I notice that if I don't give the phone a quick reboot cycle for just a minute, once a week even, then things can go a little screwy on it. Mine used to knock the vibration off altogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 pbug21

Cheers, Ill give that a go

Cheers, Ill give that a go

Good stuff. Hope it helps.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭ondafly

the 6230i doesn't vibrate when plugged in....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

Slightly O.T. but on the same subject-ish. Does anyone know if there's an app for nokia phones to have the alarm set to go off every day rather than having to re-set it every day ?.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,708 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

tallus wrote: »
    Slightly O.T. but on the same subject-ish. Does anyone know if there's an app for nokia phones to have the alarm set to go off every day rather than having to re-set it every day ?.

Some models, like my 6300 have a option where you can specify the day of week for the alarm,. so i have mine on mon-friday only.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

Damn you to hell! GerardKeating!
    It's a bit of a pain alright, I'm too used to sony ericsson.

Advertisement