Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Residential Parking - Two Discs

Options
  • 04-12-2007 11:01am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 34

Hey,

Not sure if this is the correct place for this. But I currently have a residential parking disc as the area i live in as no real parking to speak off. The thing is my flat mate wants to get a car so would need a disc himself. But I think you can only get one per flat. Does anyone know if its possible to get two discs at all or if there is anyway around this bar moving out.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,306 ✭✭✭markpb

Double check with the LA to see if more than one disc is available per unit. I thought most offered two but if parking is as limited as you say, probably not. I guess you could try asking your neighbours, some of them might not have a car and be willing to give your mate theirs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭Kipperhell

Typically in Dublin it is one space per household. You may find other residents don't use their space so may be willing to rent it out. You will be very lucky to find a new place with parking for more than one car. Either the suburbs or pay extra is probably your only option.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,400 ✭✭✭✭Victor

It will depend on the rules that your local council has.

If it is Dublin City, a residence can have up to 4 in a low demand area, subject to 1 per person.

If it is a flat in a converted building, the limit is usually one per flat.

If it is an apartment in a purpose-build building, it is meant to have its own car parking and only if demand is very low on the street will a permit be given.

Exceptional requests may be granted, but you would need very strong grounds.

Advertisement