Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Alcohol 120% - A nasty experience on Vista. Advice Please

• 04-12-2007 11:37am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭

I installed Alcohol 120% on Vista last night, as you can imagine I was prompted about possible driver incompatibility but I continued to install.

My Laptop then bluescreened, continued to boot and bluescreen looping over and over again.

Anyway I recovered using last known good configuration as you do.

But, I can't seem to remove Alcohol 120%.

When I go to add remove programs it says that it cant find a valid install of the program.

I continued to delete the folders/dirs created by Alcohol (assuming it was not completely installed) and then I ran CCleaner to clean the registry (just in case there were any stray values in there).

Is there anything else that I can do to ensure that it is completely installed.

Im running a Dell Inspiron 1520.
    Core 2 DuoT7500 Processor (2.2GHz,800MHz,4MB L2 cache)
    4GB of RAM
    nVidia GeForce™ Go 8400M GS with 128MB

Vista Home Premium, although I plan to upgrade to Vista Ultimate X64 as soon as I can get drivers (anyone that knows where I can get drivers that will work please let me know!) ;)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

I've got alcohol.120 running grand on Vista Business [32].

Haven't tried to rip an image but it burns linux isos grand.

Could be a old version of the sw thats incompatible. I don't think I got a driver error

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭NullZer0

kaimera wrote: »
    I've got alcohol.120 running grand on Vista Business [32].

Haven't tried to rip an image but it burns linux isos grand.

Could be a old version of the sw thats incompatible. I don't think I got a driver error

Are you able to Mount an ISO ok?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Daemon for mounting, 120% for ripping/burning.

kaimera wrote: »
    Daemon for mounting, 120% for ripping/burning.

Alcohol 120% uses elements of both right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭rmacm

iRock wrote: »
    Alcohol 120% uses elements of both right?

You can use Alcohol 120% for both burning images and mounting them yeah. I've never really liked Alcohol for some reason. I use Daemon tools for mounting images aswell and UltraISO for ripping/burning ISO files.

Did you catch what error appeared when you got the bluescreen?

• Advertisement

rmacm wrote: »
    You can use Alcohol 120% for both burning images and mounting them yeah. I've never really liked Alcohol for some reason. I use Daemon tools for mounting images aswell and UltraISO for ripping/burning ISO files.

Did you catch what error appeared when you got the bluescreen?

I can't remember what the error was exactly but I have a good bit of experience. Enough to know with a glance that the error was just your average driver related stop error.

I'd just like to clear Alcohol 120% off my computer now... I'm not sure if it has left anything behind or not.

;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Worked fine for me on 64bit vista ultimate

Yeah I'm hoping to try an install of Vista Ultimate x64 tonight (If I can get the drivers that I need)

Advertisement