Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

28 Degree Plain Shank Nails

Options
  • 04-12-2007 11:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭

Howdy,
    Anybody know where I can buy 28 degree plain shank nails 90 mm x3.3mm in the Dublin area ( or ring shanks ). Need a couple thousand, normally buy them on the net but I need 'em by Friday. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

Moved to Gardening/DIY.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭Fingalian

Why did you move my post, are framing nails not a construction item?

Fingalian wrote: »
    Why did you move my post, are framing nails not a construction item?
    This thread is better suited to DIY.

Really? I don't know many DIYers that use framing nailers running off compressors in a production environment for the construction of houses. Do you? What exactly is the purpose of your construction forum?

ps. anyone know where I'll get me nails? Thanks.

Really? I don't know many DIYers that use framing nailers running off compressors in a production environment for the construction of houses. Do you? What exactly is the purpose of your construction forum?
    Read the charter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭squire1

Fingalian, you could try JW Hire. Judging by your username you are not to far away from them. If they don't have them in stock they will probably be able to get them for you.

Otherwise, try McQuillans on Capel Street.

I read the charter it says:
    ''This board is intended for discussion of Construction & Planning issues, by fellow users, and as a place to exchange tips and advice.''

???

Thanks squire1 , I'll try JW Hire. I rang McQuillans earlier but they don't have them. Cheers.

I read the charter it says:
    ''This board is intended for discussion of Construction & Planning issues, by fellow users, and as a place to exchange tips and advice.''

???
    Correct. Say somebody starts a thread there about fixing a skirting to a wall or hanging a door. All part of the construction process I agree. However, due to the nature of the inquiry and our previous experience on this site, they would be moved to DIY where they would most likely get more responses.

Okay?

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭squire1

Now, now, girls.

Fingalian, I just thought of someone else. The Fixing Company out in Blanchardstown, they came up trumps for me in the past. Worth a try if you are stuck.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,419 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Gardening and Diy = micro-construction

Construction = macro-construction

Don't take offence fingalian, the DIY forum is a better place you will get more answers quicker. Nails are a construction item, but so are all items or topics that belong in DIY,

• Advertisement

Smashey/Mellor,
    Fair enough I take your point. You're right, I was wrong.

squire1 , JWHire directed me to

http://www.mdonnelly.ie/

who have the nails . Thanks for that .

Cheers all ,

By hammer and hand all things do stand.

Advertisement