Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*Actual* Beers - Indicate Interest

• 04-12-2007 12:10pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭

OK, after letting the whole thing slip its probably better suited to let the whole thing slide to January.

Please indicate interest for a date and LaserBlast on the poll ad well see what we come back with.

Sully would you be good enough to take on the organisation of the laser blast if there is enough interest generated ?

Also throw up suggestions for pubs.

[Originally posted by: c - 13]

Indicate Beers Interest 52 votes

Interested In LaserBlast
    0%
    Not Interested In LaserBlast
    13%
    AdMMMkensutzSullyc - 13Fajitas!Mr EdBIG-SLICK-POKER 7 votes
    Friday 4th January 2008
    7%
    SquiggleBIG-SLICK-POKERbakerbhoysmaoifs 4 votes
    Saturday 5th January 2008
    5%
    kensutzFajitas!BIG-SLICK-POKER 3 votes
    Friday 11th January 2008
    9%
    merlantekensutzFajitas!Mr EdBIG-SLICK-POKER 5 votes
    Saturday 12th January 2008
    7%
    c - 13Fajitas!BIG-SLICK-POKERbakerbhoy 4 votes
    Friday 18th January 2008
    7%
    c - 13SquiggleFajitas!BIG-SLICK-POKER 4 votes
    Saturday 19th January 2008
    11%
    AdMMMSullyc - 13Fajitas!BIG-SLICK-POKERclara98 6 votes
    Friday 25th January 2008
    13%
    AdMMMSullyc - 13Fajitas!BIG-SLICK-POKERROCKMANsmaoifs 7 votes
    Saturday 26th January 2008
    11%
    AdMMMSullyc - 13Fajitas!BIG-SLICK-POKERROCKMAN 6 votes
    Other Date/Day [Please state]
    11%
    AdMMMSullyc - 13RoenFajitas!BIG-SLICK-POKER 6 votes

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Okay re-posted with new dates provided by c - 13.

Vote away :)

Anyway, any date after the 17th for myself. Exams are over then. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

If anyone who posted on the last thread could re-confirm attendance on this one - I made such a mess of the last poll it all had to be re-done.

Could we set a date for deciding on a date and venue by say December 20th ? That suit ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

ye still interested

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

A recommendation: unsticky this and allow it to remain on the first page of threads through user discussion. Most people don't even look at the stickies section!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Was thinking of doing an announcment, but ill see how your suggestion goes :)

• Advertisement

No one has any suggestions for pubs at all ? In the time honoured tradition startedby OldYellar ill put forward Downses.

Also Sully what was the minimum number required for LaserBlast again ? Cheers.

Last time I checked, 20.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭shanethemofo

20? no way not that much!

20's probably the max

Jesus were still a long way off that people - surely theres some more boardsies interested ? Remember provisional cut off date for dates and venue is the 20th of December.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,500 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Downes is fine to be honest on the 12th January

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

I'm in anyways. Down's is great.

Ohh minimum. My bad. I thought you said max.

I dont think there is any really, once you can make teams its okay. :)

Made an announcment.. just in Waterford. If you want to extend the invite towards the south east (or other non-waterfordians), that can be arranged..

Sully wrote: »
    Ohh minimum. My bad. I thought you said max.

I dont think there is any really, once you can make teams its okay. :)

Minimum is two..

More info: http://discovertramore.ie/view?p=Laser_Blast

Sully wrote: »
    Made an announcment.. just in Waterford. If you want to extend the invite towards the south east (or other non-waterfordians), that can be arranged..

Good I dea there Sully, never even crossed my mind to be honest !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭Roen

Why not, the more the merrier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

I'll see if I can go

Tis been passed onto the SE forums now :)

Bump,
    Come on surely there more people around interested in going drinking with random strangers from the internet ? :D

Coudlnt keep the announcment up, everytime we re-published it a new one was added.

• Advertisement

I know Sully, I was following your exploits :D

Still hoping to set the date and venue on the 20th so if anyone has any other suggestions fire them out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

Sounds good to me. I need more reasons to get pissed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭AngryBadger

I'll be in waterford from sunday, and have nothing planned! So I'll go to the beers!!!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,500 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

I'll be in waterford from sunday, and have nothing planned! So I'll go to the beers!!!

bloody hell man, your still around these parts?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭paul666

are ye going drinking in Tramore or waterford. would it be less hassel to go drinking in Tramore if ye were going to laserblast.
    if that were the case i'd probable go, but i would be weary going drinking with a guy with the username "murderer" lol

What about us? We'll have to drink with a guy with '666' in his name!

I'm still up for it big stylee, nothing like starting of the year with a bout of the DT's.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 clara98

Saturday 19th January 2008
    Hey only new to boards, what's this beers all about? just random people meeting up to get drunk?

clara98 wrote: »
    Hey only new to boards, what's this beers all about? just random people meeting up to get drunk?

Pretty much, a few of us have met before. I know two lads that post on the Waterford Forum, and one more knows me but I never managed to find out who he is ( Aquos76 stand up! )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

So is it the 19th/20th in downes??

Meet up with all the fit people after lazerblast.
    FOUR WEEKS TIME SOUNDS GOOD for my insensitive training programme

Was thinking
    Week One :
    Two solid workouts sessions lasting at least four hours with starting ratio of at least 1 pint ever 45mins and one weekend light warm down session.( Week one training session to be held in one venue no travel )
    Week Two :
    Increase solid workouts sessions to 3 using same ratio and time frame as week one. Also add a light mid week morning session to routine ,plus keep the light warm down weekend session.
    (This new light mid week session shall be held at a second waterhole sorry venue)
    Week Three :
    This week it with be time to get serious , so to this end , I will up my game . Three solid workouts lasting at least five hours with a ratio of 1 pint per 30 mins .Also this week the morning weekend session will be upped from a light warm down to a solid workout using the time-frame and ratio of week one and two. (at least one of the solid workouts will be done using at least three different venues.)
    Week Four :
    Final Week Two solid workouts same time frame and ratio as week three but using a least 4 venues at both workouts. (Monday and Wednesday been the selected nights.)Thursday Night last big effort six to seven hours session with variety ratio and multi venues. Friday morning last very very light warm down session . I don't want to over do it so near the main event .

If I can stick to the plan I should be in perfect condition for the main event.
    And be my perfect body weight (20 stone not a joke ) for such an event .

Well lads what ye think. Any ideals that may help please feel free to offer all new ideals welcome.

• Advertisement

clara98 wrote: »

Well pretty much, yeah. Some members know each other outside of boards already, others dont know anyone other than seeing them online. All members (and non-menbers if you dont want to go alone) are welcome. Its a little daunting first time round but in my experience everyone is really nice.
    ROCKMAN wrote: »
    So is it the 19th/20th in downes??

Looking that way alright, anyone want to add any other opinions before the date is set ?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement