Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*Actual* Beers - Indicate Interest

2»

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Other Date/Day [Please state]
    Why not Jeffs? Or Electric Avenue? Just a suggestion :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Well downes was the only place suggested until now :D

Throw out more suggestions - Well hold off on finalising until 1st Jan ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

Saturday 26th January 2008
    Sully wrote: »
    Why not Jeffs? Or Electric Avenue? Just a suggestion :)

Would these two pubs like alot of the pubs in the center be a bit too busy/crowded for a meeting point. As a few of us will not know who or what people look like.

Just my 2c, but will go with the flow.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

ROCKMAN wrote: »
    Would these two pubs like alot of the pubs in the center be a bit too busy/crowded for a meeting point. As a few of us will not know who or what people look like.

Just my 2c, but will go with the flow.

Good point!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭Roen

Some place that lends itself to conversation I think would be ideal, we cn always hit Sparky Avenue later.
    Still going for Downes myself, then onwards!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 clara98

Saturday 19th January 2008
    Sounds like fun, i suppose it's a good way to meet new people. Think i'd have to bring some-one along, wouldn't like the idea of walking in and sitting around for a while on my own.

clara98 wrote: »
    Sounds like fun, i suppose it's a good way to meet new people. Think i'd have to bring some-one along, wouldn't like the idea of walking in and sitting around for a while on my own.

More than welcome to, like I said I know one, maybe two people that will be there so it's always nice to have a familiar face with you if you don't.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,500 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

tbh downes is best place for this kinda thing, can actually hear each other and get somewhere to sit

clara98, going to these things for the first time is always abit scary (meeting people from the internet etc) but I'm sure you'll be fine, def bring someone along if your not comfortable though

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,500 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Hi lads,
    How about a small modification to the event, have it on the 26th/27th Jan still have waterford beers but do a photograghy meet on Saturday 26th Jan, should get a few people down from around the country and it should help improve numbers :)

Added benefit is there are a good few people on this board that are "into camera stuff" and it'll give them a good day out to shoot stuff and talking to people about gear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,191 ✭✭✭kensutz

Friday 11th January 2008
    I agree, some of the lads on the photography forum were looking for a date to meet up for the day and I suggested the 26th in Waterford but Cabaal put forward the idea of integrating the Boards Beers into the mix too. It's ideal for everyone because it will boost numbers and bring a different twist to the weekend. Also anyone with a slight interest in photography should come along.

definite thumbs up from me

• Advertisement

Cabaal wrote: »
    Hi lads,
    How about a small modification to the event, have it on the 26th/27th Jan still have waterford beers but do a photograghy meet on Saturday 26th Jan, should get a few people down from around the country and it should help improve numbers :)

Added benefit is there are a good few people on this board that are "into camera stuff" and it'll give them a good day out to shoot stuff and talking to people about gear.

Seems like a good idea to me :)

The Power of Bump compels thee!

mrbumpyp2.jpg

Well it's the new year and I hope none of us have forgotten about the beers.
    I stayed off the hooch all over Christmas and now find myself beginning 2008 with a thirst.

Found out yesterday I won't be able to make Saturday 26th January 2008 as I';ll be in Dublin, :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

Roen wrote: »
    I stayed off the hooch all over Christmas and now find myself beginning 2008 with a thirst.

LIES!!!

SO 26th with the Photography heads ?

*cough cough*

Looks like a bit of a tumbleweed situation, no one seems to be confirming ...

Sat 26th ???
    DOWNES ???
    START TIME ????

if so
    Count me in ...
    I ll be the human barrel at the bar , with the bald head......

Can whoever is interested in Laserblast confirm and ill try get something organised ? Confirm and respond with a rough time that would suit

BIG-SLICK-POKER
    c - 13 (confirmed, possibly + 1)
    Fajitas!
    kensutz
    Mr Ed
    Sully
    |.Murderer.|

Cant make it the 26th, got my 21st!

• Advertisement

Sully wrote: »
    Cant make it the 26th, got my 21st!

Excellent a party to gatecrash at the end of the night :D:D

ROCKMAN wrote: »
    Excellent a party to gatecrash at the end of the night :D:D

Will be out in town, no house to crash im afraid :P

Well I'll be at the bar in Downes most weekends anyway, so if the rest of ye turn up or not it's all the same to me :)

Be nice to put a few names to faces though!

Looks like this is a write off anyway.

I call 'Deferred Success' on this one!
    It'll happen alright, just when is the issue.

Since we are in Feb.. ill close it. Feel free to re-create it, and sure we can create banners to promote it within boards?

Topic Closed!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement