Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

long hole for tele pipe

Options
  • 04-12-2007 12:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭

hello,

My brother put a new lcd in my kitchen but didnt finish the job..here is a hole where the signal cable and the power go to the socket,I being a dumbass filled the hole with pollybond adhesive i thought it was filler,now this has dried and is rock hard..can i get the normal filler stuff that you need to mix yourself and fill over this polybond or will i need to chip it all out..i am ribbish at all this.it looks terrible and i want it fixed for christmas

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,165 ✭✭✭10-10-20

I don't understand exactly what you need to do... are you trying to level the pollybond around to hole to paint it, or do you need to free up the wire in the hole?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,164 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Assuming you dont need to move the cables then you just need to get the polybond to a level below the surrounding wall.
    Then use skimcoat or polyfilla to get a finish that you can sand to a seamless joint.

Is this what you mean?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭Kaldorn

exactly i need the polybond below the surface wall as it was dripping out over the edge,i will have to go at it with a chisel or a sharp knife

• Registered Users Posts: 27,164 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Use an old wood chisel or wall paper scraper to cut back some of the excess. dont worry about a mess, as long as its lower than the wall depth you can fill.

FYI you shouldnt ever try and fill more than 1-2cm in one go, otherwise it runs and takes forever to dry. Do it in a few stages, its much easier.

Advertisement