Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can't get unlocking key for ver 9 City Navigator for Garmin C550

• 04-12-2007 1:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 36

Hi Everybody,

I am having a bit of difficulty with my Garmin C550 GPS.

I had a C510 but it got stolen from my car. Then I bought a C550. The maps on the 510 were much better.

So I got onto garmin and they said they would send out the newest version of maps...City Navigator Ver 9.

They did and I installed the maps...or tried to. What it did was wiped all the maps from my unit and didn't put back any new ones. So right now I might aswell have a hairdryer stuck to my windscreen.

It appears that I used the 25 digit unlocking key that came with my unit rather than the one I should have generated by registering the cd on the garmin website...How many people have I lost so far.

The guts of the story is that I rang garmin who said that they can't give out anymore unlocking codes and that I would have to send it back to them to get it fully wiped and reloaded...which will cost approx €60.

Thing is they are gone so cheap now would I be better spending a few quid with it and buying a newer unit with more functions.

I would however like to get this back up and running as I feel myself needing it more and more everyday...

Any ideas...

Advertisement