Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Would i find a 406 coupe 2.2Hdi diesel in the uk quicker than here?

Options
  • 04-12-2007 1:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭

Afternoon folks, im looking for a 406 coupe with the 2.2L hdi diesel engine. Theres not too many on carzone or in the autotrader the last couple of weeks. I dont think the diesel was a big seller in Ireland, does any of ye know if the diesel was a big seller in the UK? perhaps i`d be best looking for 1 over there.

Ps: Feel free to make any comments on this particular car that may be of interest to me as a potenial buyer of this model, be they good or bad comments they`ll all be appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭lassykk

hi firstly a fantastic car choice... i'll be buyin one in the new year. I'm currently driving a 98 406 coupe 2.0 petrol... its very heavy on fuel but i knew that when i was buying it

there are 3 or 4 on carzone at the moment. The silver one in mayo for €11k is very good value but it has been on carzone for at least 2/3 months at this stage which is confusing as its such good value. Maybe there is something wrong with it that I'm unaware of

the other one on carzone, the 2003 one for €13k is good value for an Irish model but to me it would be much better value to import from the UK but there are the obvious hassles attached to going to the UK

i've been looking for the last 9 months just seeing what sort of prices and cars are available. I'm specifically looking for a hyperion blue model with tan leather so my options are more limited than yours. There are only 14 for sale on autotrader UK at the mo but the prices are consistent with what they have been recently.

The silver special editions for £4,495 is basically as cheap as I've seen recently. The special edition is nothing really special except different wheels (which personally i don't like) and half leather seats which are nice when seen in the flesh. When you take into account clearance of this car and travelling costs I reckon it will cost around

Car €6300 (Haggle room definitly there)
    VRT €2900 (Will fall with new VRT rates as its CO2 emissions are low)
    Travel €500 (Only an estimate but it can definitly be done cheaper)

So for less than 10K you would have a 2002 diesel coupe with a FSH and driven on better quality english roads

Now there are obviously negative aspects to owning this car. Diesel additive is very expensive and if a FSH comes with the car check to ensure that it has recently been topped up. The particle filter in the exhaust is ridiculously dear but lasts a long time. I've had minor niggles with my petrol model but nothing serious and the fact that I'm buying another one speaks for itself.

If I can help you with anything just ask

Also the site www.peugeot406coupe.com has a huge volume of info on these cars and everyone on the site is very friendly

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Most definately more of them in the UK.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

A slight aside but I was going golfing a a friends 407 last week. I was astonished that the longest clubs in the bag (drivers etc.) had to be removed from the golf bags so the would fit in the boot.

The boot is tiny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 447 ✭✭siralfalot

A slight aside but I was going golfing a a friends 407 last week. I was astonished that the longest clubs in the bag (drivers etc.) had to be removed from the golf bags so the would fit in the boot.

The boot is tiny.

meh..... Golf is for wimps anyway!! ;)

as for the 406? lovely car, you should find some here

• Registered Users Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

lovely car with the best engine of the bunch.

Defo more in the UK than here, theres even a better choice of colours there too.

And their cars are always better kept better than ours.

• Advertisement
Advertisement