Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Shirley TempleBar guy

• 04-12-2007 1:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 537 ✭✭✭

http://www.beo.ie/2003-04/shirley1.jpg

Watching him on TV now in a full suit (as opposed to his usual schoolgirl outfit).

Somehow he manages to look even more disturbing dressed as a man. :(:eek:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 848 ✭✭✭MayMay

He's been doing it that way now for years!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

He's fairly unique in that he went from being a guy dressed as a woman that looked like a guy dressed as a woman, to a guy dressed as a guy that looks like a woman dressed as a guy.:confused:

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,517 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

he/she/it has never added anything to TV though no matter what way you look at it, telebingo ffs! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭anotherlostie

He was a man dressed as a woman. Now he dresses as a man. No missing/ added bits at all. Using the term 'it' to describe this person is very offensive. I'm surprised at a moderator but I suppose your homophobia can't stop you from making a stupid comment.

And for information, when he switched from Shirley to his male self, there were letters to RTE from grannies (the target audience) wanting to know where the girl had gone. Pity we're not all as open minded!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭Lands Leaving

And for information, when he switched from Shirley to his male self, there were letters to RTE from grannies (the target audience) wanting to know where the girl had gone. Pity we're not all as open minded!!!

Them grannies and their cross dressing shenanigans!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭Bob in Belfast

He was a man dressed as a woman. Now he dresses as a man. No missing/ added bits at all. Using the term 'it' to describe this person is very offensive. I'm surprised at a moderator but I suppose your homophobia can't stop you from making a stupid comment.

What about 'thing' instead of 'it'.
    Now how can that be offensive?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Pity we're not all as open minded!!!
    I think the word yur looking for is senile

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,686 ✭✭✭EdgarAllenPoo

I'd say their eyesight was bad but their hearing aids were working and that's why they thought it was a woman.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

The first time I saw STB, was a clip linked on US forum. I was in total shock that it was an RTE show :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭gucci

Them grannies and their cross dressing shenanigans!
    and their beards and their blue hair....actually i see a pattern here...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

When did 'it' first appear on tv?
    I remember seeing it on Telebingo a few years ago and i thought "WTF!?, RTE really are desperate!", I do remember that my mother had to point out to my granny that it wasnt a women. But I didnt see any tabloid headlines shouting for it to be killed or removed from screen (which was probably more surprising).

Seems to have grown a blog and bebo
    blog - http://www.shirleytemplebar.com/
    bebo - http://www.bebo.com/ShirleyBar

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

remember when drag queens used to have talent or chrisma, without a dress that guys got nothing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭Bob in Belfast

remember when drag queens used to have talent or chrisma, without a dress that guys got nothing.

It still has a cock.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

I wouldn't be critical of other people's 'stupid' comments. Where was the homophobia? Unless you mean nobody can be critical of someone different to themselves?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,553 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Yeah, OK. I think this thread has run its course.
    Get over your homophobia, people....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement