Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Bad days Driving!

Options
  • 04-12-2007 1:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭

I have been driving about 9 months now and I have my test next Monday:eek: I have had about 12 lessons now and my instructor tells me I am progressing well and have a good enough chance of passing. There are just some days when things keep going wrong and I drive really badly. It starts with one mistake and then I seem to keep making them. It puts me in bad form and I just feel like giving up. Does anybody else have these days or am I just doomed to bad driverdom forever?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

lubie76 wrote: »
    I have been driving about 9 months now and I have my test next Monday:eek: I have had about 12 lessons now and my instructor tells me I am progressing well and have a good enough chance of passing. There are just some days when things keep going wrong and I drive really badly. It starts with one mistake and then I seem to keep making them. It puts me in bad form and I just feel like giving up. Does anybody else have these days or am I just doomed to bad driverdom forever?

Everybody has those days, i passed my test recently and the best piece of advice i was given was to never throw in the towel during a test. No matter what mistakes you make, you just have to forget about them and continue. The tester will know you'll be stressed and they usually give you leeway. The test is no where near as bad as people say, i was bricking it going into my test but once you get in there it's not bad at all, the testers will try to put you at ease. Just go for it and you'll pass, and in the off chance that you don't, it's not the end of the world, your driving will benefit for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Murtinho

1)Does anybody else have these days
    or
    2)am I just doomed to bad driverdom forever?

1) No
    2) Yes

Never mind, there's allways bikes, busses etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Murtinho wrote: »
    1) No
    2) Yes

Never mind, there's allways bikes, busses etc.

Wow, people must love you

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭lubie76

Everybody has those days, i passed my test recently and the best piece of advice i was given was to never throw in the towel during a test. No matter what mistakes you make, you just have to forget about them and continue. The tester will know you'll be stressed and they usually give you leeway. The test is no where near as bad as people say, i was bricking it going into my test but once you get in there it's not bad at all, the testers will try to put you at ease. Just go for it and you'll pass, and in the off chance that you don't, it's not the end of the world, your driving will benefit for it.

Thanks for the good advice Alanstrainor; after all I have got nothing to lose from giving the rest of the test a good go even if I do make a mistake. Will try and stay positive for Monday. Thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭daveharnett

Does anybody else have these days?

Absolutely. It's easy to get rattled when you/somebody around you makes a mistake. This has a knock on affect. Just like in the test, the more aware you are of your driving, the more difficult it becomes. I think it just takes experience to take a breath and not allow these things to affect your state of mind.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,786 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Does anybody else have these days or am I just doomed to bad driverdom forever?

Yes, even three years on you get the occasional day of just being rattled by whats going on - you eventually learn to not let it get to you; and the obvious follow on from that is no, you're not. Unless your name is Maureen and you're on that TV series...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

Hey OP, alanstrainor is right. Listen. As he/she said, put the first mistake behind you immediately and don't colour the rest of your drive by worrying about it. Also, the test is not so tough - it's just a short drive with a stranger beside you, though the tester will do the verbal test first which will put you at ease. Think positive, you'll do fine. Oh, and nobody is perfect every day (or me, any day)

Advertisement