Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Just wrote off my first bike :(

• 04-12-2007 1:59pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 763 ✭✭✭

The usual thing. I was commuting into work yesterday morning when a delivery truck decided to pull out in front of me, trying to pull a u-turn across a solid white line without looking. Nowhere for me to go but I managed to pull over to the left enough so I didn't hit him square. I was alright but the bros had snapped handle bars & indicators, smashed clocks and a fcuk lot of scraping. I thought it might be repairable.

Quinn (the other guy's insurance company) just sent out an investigator to get my side and to check on the bike. The good news - they accept full liability. The bad news - the bike's a write-off :(.

Ah well, time to go bike shopping again.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

Sorry to hear the bad news Dar... :(

Same thing happened to me a few weeks ago but my Bandit was repairable (thank God!).

Out of curiosity, how much are Quinn going to give you for this bike? I'm asking because if my bike had been a write-off when I had my accident, I don't think the insurance would have given me half of what I valued my bike to cost!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Dar

They're giving me €2000 plus the cost of recovery & lid. Bought it around the same time as you got the bandit for €2500, so not too shabby.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Pigeon Reaper

Thats not too bad. At least you didn't get hurt too badly. Are they paying for new underwear too?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Dar

Are they paying for new underwear too?

Oh of course, thats in under personal losses :). On another note I just saw the ad for your sv. Might be interested assuming aon will put it on my policy. Are you still interested in selling?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Pigeon Reaper

Yep still looking to sell it. I won't be able to show it to you for about a week though as I've to go away tomorrow for a few days. Let me know if you're still interested next week. Give aon a shout because it's full power and they probably won't quote you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,856 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Sorry to hear about your bike, but the main thing is that you're ok.
    If you want to fix up the bike and keep it (or sell it on) you will have to pay the insurance company the scrap value, usually this is only a couple of hundred euro. If the frame and motor are ok then it should be fixable fairly cheaply with secondhand or aftermarket parts.

In Cavan there was a great fire / Judge McCarthy was sent to inquire / It would be a shame / If the nuns were to blame / So it had to be caused by a wire.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,541 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

They just don't pay you the amount of the scrap-value. Or at least that's what happened in my case.

Advertisement