Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

SV650s Mod

• 04-12-2007 2:55pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭

My SV isn't selling so I'm thinking about stripping it down and respraying it uprating the suspension etc. Has anyone done this already to a bike? I'm thinking about spraying it orange and blue. I'll tidy the stancions as they're slightly furred and try to do one or two other bits. Naturally I'll be keeping it if I spend money on the bike.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

I did it to my pointy 650N, and then sold it.

They are a great bike, and with about €500 of work on the suspension they are brilliant.

Gixxer front end conversion looks the business, or for a bit less you can put a cartridge emulator in the forks.

As for the paint job, I don't know. This tends to give the wrong impression if ever you do try to sell.

L.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

The first thing people will think when they see the new paint job is "whats it covering ??"

Unless it needs a paintjob then don't bother.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Pigeon Reaper

At this point it's seven years old and has seen a few winters. If I'm not selling it it's time to freshen the bike up, plus I've always wanted a blue/orange bike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

KTRIC wrote: »
    The first thing people will think when they see the new paint job is "whats it covering ??"

Unless it needs a paintjob then don't bother.

Agreed!

Personally if you wanted to do another mod to it.....i would just put for sale signs up on it and put it on a few more sites for sale. But i hate these bikes after the hassle i had with my one. I will never buy another suzuki after the hassle i had from my sv :mad:

plus I've always wanted a blue/orange bike.

I'm tempted to agree with you. Having upgraded to a complete orange bike.

Suzuki SV 1000 copper is the colour you want.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Pigeon Reaper

At least I could get copper grease all over it....

I'm thinking more flat colours as there are too many metallics out there these days.

What happened with your SV? Mine never missed over a number of years in all weathers. Same goes for a mates one? Was yours a parallel import without carb heaters?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

At least I could get copper grease all over it....

I'm thinking more flat colours as there are too many metallics out there these days.

What happened with your SV? Mine never missed over a number of years in all weathers. Same goes for a mates one? Was yours a parallel import without carb heaters?

Mine was originally bought in Donegal and then sold to an girl living in meath and then i bought it. MAde the mistake of going to look at it myself and not bringing a mechanic or mate.....which meant that i made a stupid decision and bought it!!!

It was a piece of sh*t to be honest. The build quality on it was appalling. I had a 15 year cbr 250 which ran better, was in better condition and had better build quality than this 6 year old sv. It only had about 15k on the clock. Had all the fancy extras....tinted screen, rear hugger, lower fairings, twin high level carbon renegade cans and a datatool alarm. In the year and a half i owned it i only did about 2000 miles cos of all the hassle it gave me. The alarm drained the battery constantly. The rectifier packed it in. The seal on the petrol cap was gone so i had to get a new cap. This meant that there was water getting into the tank. The little drain pipe for water that runs from just under the cap through the tank (not explaining it well!!!) somehow got clogged up without me knowing which meant that water just sat in it and eventually rotted through so that there was even more water getting into the tank! And these weren't problems that were easily diagnosed....it took ages to find out what these were, which led to expensive repairs and me having no trust in the bike to get me anywhere. There were a few other problems but i cant remember what they were. I just eventually had enough of the bike and sold it cheap to my friend.....and because of that i will NEVER buy another suzuki bike

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,656 ✭✭✭Kat1170

Used to be a race series in UK for these bikes so should be a plenty of performance mod's available.

Flat orange as in Kawasaki orange?
    Nah, mine was a FR 650 (K6). I sold it to a nice young lad, and bought myself a SV1000.

Advertisement