Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official Procrastination Thread

Options
  • 04-12-2007 2:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭

Right. Exams are lurking. It's time to find something -anything- else to busy ourselves with instead of studying. I know I could just go to the library and walk around and talk to people, but at least this way I'm only letting my, ahem, illness bother me and not interfere with those damn people who don't seem to be affected by procrastination. They really irk me. You know those people who can do marathon sessions and not need to lift their head or scratch their ear or move at all except to turn the page. A curse o'er them! Anyhow so here I am sitting surrounded by books and journal articles and module outlines and all I can think about is whether I've justified having a tea break yet. Sure what's my word count on this post? Surely it's time for tea. Yes, tea it is so...:rolleyes:

Tea, anyone? :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

iv had an omellete and egg fried rice in the last two hours for this very reason i do 30 mins of study and nothing sinks in but i still go for a 30min break

iv been doing this since junior cert tho so im sure ill get by like i always do

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Try what I did:

1: Don't study
    2: Sleep instead

Worked wonders. I'm now working in London for a BANK!!!11:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Otacon wrote: »
    Try what I did:

1: Don't study
    2: Sleep instead

Worked wonders. I'm now working in London for a BANK!!!11:cool:
    Yea, after repeating ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,587 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Exam time happens to be when my whole house suddenly goes from being a liveable mess to becoming completely spotless. As for these exams: I got Gears Of War on the PC and am playing it with my housemate, who is in the same course as me. Study cannot start until it is cleared! Oh no! I also took a day out to find a replacement rear wiper for my car (didn't find any) and fix the radio too (didn't actually fix it, but almost permanently damaged my neck).

Last exams were a disaster. My ultimate downfall was this, and was the downfall of many others who wished to exchange notes with me. I have also been a few mouse clicks away from reactivating my old world of warcraft account. I also decided to rearrange my CD collection and re-ripped about 25 CDs cos I wanted them stored in a higher bitrate.

No wonder I'm still in college :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

kaimera wrote: »
    Yea, after repeating ;)

You cut me real deep just now... real deep like! :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

Total study today 1hr

Total study yesterday 0

Total study tomorrow 2 hours??

I'll build up exponentially until I'm studying 32 hours a day on Sunday before Accounting on Monday;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭bluedolphin

My ultimate downfall was this

I hate you so much right now. Why did you have to do it? WHY, GODDAMNIT?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

ye that game is unreal.......barrel placement is so much fun

• Registered Users Posts: 14,467 ✭✭✭✭cson

I fookin' hate economics!

Elastic bands are the only thing I know about elasticity.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Mossin

fookin' hate economics!

Elastic bands are the only thing I know about elasticity

ROFL....After 3 semesters of it that's about all I knew too :D

As for procrastinating this year...
    Spent the weekend on the couch in front of any sporting activity that was ok SkySports, TG4, BBC and more..Was a complete waster of time, but I was well relaxed to start studying..NOT!!
    Spent 6 hours in the library yesterday, and the same today, and OMG is it torturous!! Got feck all done, and by the time I got home I fell asleep.
    Woke up and watched the footy, and tonight Arsenal - Newcastle is on too...wonder what I'll be doing later...

Oh yeah, my first exam is Saturday too..

[And if u want free games, try miniclip.com]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭cooperguy

Study today = 2.5hours

2 hours in a tutorial completely lost
    0.5 hours in the lecturers office asking him what the fúck was going on in the tutorial

% learnt for exam 0%

If anybody would like to tell me how the fúck a composite material works then feel free cause I have yet to figure it out :(

cooperguy wrote: »
    If anybody would like to tell me how the fúck a composite material works then feel free cause I have yet to figure it out :(

What is a composite material? Never mind how it works...

I did a grand total of 3 hours today... After setting my alarm for 08:30 (I was being optimistic!), I successively pressed on the snoozed button every ten minutes until 11:30. Yes. Yes I did. Bloody annoying too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭Fast_Mover

Ok, now I know I said in a previous thread somewhere that I would perfer having exams then placement (which im on at the moment!)..but my placement shall be coming to an end this Friday..and after reading this thread about exams and study I don't envy ye at all!!:p

Free till Jan 28th..whoop whoop!!:cool::D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Mossin

Free till Jan 28th..whoop whoop!!

Hey! No bragging about time off..
    Damn co-op is cutting short my Xmas holidays. Last exam finishes the 20th Dec, and co-op starts the 7th Jan.:mad:

Mossin wrote: »

Ah come on, leave me brag..tis the only thing I have after 5weeks of early mornings/late nights/schemes/lesson plans/resources/supervisors/30kids/no alcohol/no clubbing/no drunkn antics...so on and so fort!!:(

I think I earned my deserving 2months off. Then it's back to Limerick in Feb to be a student for one last semester..*sigh*

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭caesar

First exam on Saturday.......haven't started my study yet, stupid essay still to do. I just wanna go for a long peaceful drive.

Cant wait for co-op!!

Fast_Mover wrote: »
    Ah come on, leave me brag..tis the only thing I have after 5weeks of early mornings/late nights/schemes/lesson plans/resources/supervisors/30kids/no alcohol/no clubbing/no drunkn antics...so on and so fort!!:(

I think I earned my deserving 2months off. Then it's back to Limerick in Feb to be a student for one last semester..*sigh*
    Heaven forbid you know what the real world™ is like :rolleyes: :p

Think I'll swan into work around 9.00 Better not, been slacking off this week and missing the usual 8.30 start...

Mossin wrote: »
    Damn co-op is cutting short my Xmas holidays. Last exam finishes the 20th Dec, and co-op starts the 7th Jan.:mad:

You're not in Limerick City Centre by any chance??

kaimera wrote: »
    Heaven forbid you know what the real world™ is like :rolleyes: :p
    Yes, heaven forbid indeed!! Im far to young/irresponsible for all that malarky just yet!!:eek::D

caesar wrote: »
    ...stupid essay still to do...

That is so wrong. I don't understand how they are allowed to designate coursework after week 12. Technically, the 'course' has finished so why they have submission dates after that I don't know. This is definitely something that has to be pursued...:p

• Advertisement

Lecturers aren't allowed introduce new material after week12 but they can have deadlines for week13 as long as the class is told in week1 afaik.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭cooperguy

Lets face it getting lecturers to not have deadlines in week 13 doesnt work in your favour. They will just bring the deadlines closer and give you less time to do the project. If you dont want to do projects in week 13 then finish it and hand it up week 12. Nobody is forcing you to work on them in week 13!

Any xmas BULBs in the offing?

Why the hell did I do a course with law in it? I mean sure it sounds good, but its absolute torture. I really really hate the Irish Legal system. Why couldn't they just keep it the caveman way and catapult criminals into the next town using a huge catatpult, why?! Things were so much simpler 1000 years ago.

Edit: How fooking windy is it outside! I sware if it keeps up like this, it'll be huff and puff and down will go my house in Kilmurry along with its shoddy couches.

cson wrote: »
    Why the hell did I do a course with law in it? I mean sure it sounds good, but its absolute torture.
    I had 5 points spare for Laccy at 520 in 2005, but picked Business with 115 to spare cos the law meant nothing to me and I knew it.

I said as much when I got a shocked interviewer for co-op who looked at the points and said why not L&A. She wasn't impressed by the frank way I put it, but I suppose she thought it was a fair point and I got the job.

Its not that I hate it, I only hate the one module in it. I find one module really interesting and the 3rd module I'd say I'd like if we had an ahem more enthusiastic lecturer. The major gripe I have is the amount of fooking reading is crazy.

Jesus I think the roof is starting to come off the house with this wind. I'm getting very scary images of Twister in my head. Ah still, it'd be some I grade if it happened.

It's windy.

*ponders about the wind*

It's windy.

*ponders about the wind*

Hmmm, I wonder would flying a kite be much fun? Only one way to find out...

How do you create virtual wind :confused::confused:

anyone care to discover??

Shouldn't ye lot be all in bed?!....Getting all rested for the days studying that awaits ye and what not!!:D

• Advertisement

ninty9er wrote: »
    How do you create virtual wind :confused::confused:

anyone care to discover??

Bottle the wind thats out there now and physically burn it to a disc, and upload it to the PC, and hey presto, you've got virtual wind. Alternatively you can fart into the USB port on your lappy. Either or.

Can't you buy those machines that make windy/oceany/crocodile noises to make you sleep better too? Personally I sleep good when its windy out. Last night our fire alarm went off (apparently) an I didn't hear it/slept through it. Dangerous :eek:

Advertisement