Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official Procrastination Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,467 ✭✭✭✭cson

Hey, no need to worry about me. The insides of libraries scare me. The creatures that inhabit them scare me even more. I wouldn't dare go near them. Although the toilets are the nicest on campus....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭bluedolphin

cson wrote: »
    Although the toilets are the nicest on campus....

+1

And the building's the warmest.

Is it some sorta scam to try to attract students d'ya think? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,467 ✭✭✭✭cson

Theres no other place I'd rather have my ****e though :eek:

Plus the Plaza is sexy too. Love the food in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭cooperguy

Why are there so many people in the library?! No, seriously! I was in there today to get books (because I couldn't check the catalogue on Saturday, grrr cf. 'Student Email' thread) and the place is packed! This brings two questions to the fore:

1) Where the hell were all these students for the rest of the semester, huh? Huh? HUH?? I can tell you I was in the library on a regular basis from week 2 onwards; have my 'own' desk and all. That's my spot. No ifs or buts. My desk. Then come week 12ish onwards, these....whipper-snappers come crawling in and usurp regular users' desks and just perform, in essence, a coup! I retire to my humble abode to study for exams - out of fear of these terrorists!

And my second question...

2) Who ate all the pie?
    Cramming is a legitimate study technique which I use!! So ya im one of the people involved in the library take over:D Id never be able to come in here the whole time, remembering what I studied before week 10 would be impossible in the exam!

cooperguy wrote: »
    Cramming is a legitimate study technique which I use!! So ya im one of the people involved in the library take over:D Id never be able to come in here the whole time, remembering what I studied before week 10 would be impossible in the exam!

So it was you who ate the pie then?!?!?!??! :eek:

On a slightly unrelated note, I just ate most of a bag of jelly babies washed down by a bottle of (lovely) orange lucozade (yum, yum). I feel somewhat ill, yet slightly giddy at the same time. Yip-yip-yip-yip...:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 215 ✭✭Nutty

quick someone go set off the firealarm in the library.. i need a seat in there colndt go in this morn as had physio in the regional... so ready to head in now but think ill have to leave it till 4 as yday the place seemd to start getting roomy around them .. im my 4 years in ul this is the most ive eer been in the library ovet the past few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭Rineanna

I arrived in the library a little late this morning, so therefore there wasn't a seat to be found anywhere (well, an unoccupied one anyway...), so I've spent the morning studying in the Jean Monnet theatre on my own-io in peace and quiet! I still maintain that the library is the noisiest place on campus!

I am now procrastinating in the Venus Labs, hence the obligatory input to this thread!!
    cson wrote:
    Yes....apart from the overpowering smell of urine as you walk into them!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,587 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

cson wrote: »
    Wrong. Foundation building toilets > all.

In fact, since this is the procrastination thread, if anyone can find a better toilet on campus, I will post a smilie directed at you.

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭caesar

On the topic of toilets does it surprise you that the water is actually warm out of the hot tap?

In fact, since this is the procrastination thread, if anyone can find a better toilet on campus, I will post a smilie directed at you.

I bet the bogs in the white house are gold plated with, not double, BUT TRIPLE VELVET toilet roll. It has a massive jacuzzi in it too....or so I've heard.

Do I get a smilie? :p

• Advertisement

Rineanna wrote: »
    I bet the bogs in the white house are gold plated with, not double, BUT TRIPLE VELVET toilet roll.....
    I bet its scented too :p

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

Wrong. Foundation building toilets > all.

Library basement toilets are by far the best on campus, cleanest and biggest

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

caesar wrote: »
    On the topic of toilets does it surprise you that the water is actually warm out of the hot tap?

Warm, it's f*ing scalding!!

I bet its scented too :p

You better believe it. Scented candles 'nall innit! FACT! No Haze Air Freshener for the white house, oh no!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭klong

Don't forget the obligatory appearence of the good looking ladies over exam time!

Had Criminal Law today in EGO 10, there was some CompSys exam on beside us, we finished at 1430, they had an extra 30 minutes. There was only 3 lads left in the CS exam and dozen robots watching over them, poor lads.

Three left!

Vegeta wrote: »

Holy Crap, you're right!!! They're MASSIVE! Such is the extent of my procrastination that I actually just ran down there to review the 'facilities'.....impressive! The other ones in the library are so small and pokey, and there's been a queue for them everytime I go there....but no waiting downstairs that's for sure!!:D

This topic would make a great article for An Focal...something onto the line of the comparison of all the eatearies around Campus last year.

My procrastination has taken the same vain as 1st year, but I managed to hold out until after the exams back then before I acted on my car shopping....I actually went test driving today with 4 exams left:eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

This topic would make a great article for An Focal...something onto the line of the comparison of all the eatearies around Campus last year.
    Don't give me ideas, I already did a Where's Wally picture and put it on page 18 of the current edition.

Actually you've reminded me that I meant to do a toilet comparison years ago but the then-editor didn't like the idea.

ninty9er wrote: »
    My procrastination has taken the same vain as 1st year, but I managed to hold out until after the exams back then before I acted on my car shopping....I actually went test driving today with 4 exams left:eek::eek:

Ooh Car shopping.....enlighten me....I've only got sociology tomorrow :D

Ooh Car shopping.....enlighten me....I've only got sociology tomorrow :D

well I went to the credit union with my co-op contract and applied for a loan and then went and drove this, before returning home to eat my dinner and browse for more cars online

much better than study....I'll need a car for work if I fail these exams anyway:D:D

• Advertisement

well I went to the credit union with my co-op contract and applied for a loan and then went and drove this, before returning home to eat my dinner and browse for more cars online

*Sigh* Fancy buying me one of these while you're on co-op? :D I'll love you forever 'n ever 'n ever 'n ever 'n EVER! And I'll promise not to slag off FF ever again in your presence! ;)

Or failing that, this would do...:)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,587 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

I bet the bogs in the white house are gold plated with, not double, BUT TRIPLE VELVET toilet roll. It has a massive jacuzzi in it too....or so I've heard.

Do I get a smilie? :p
    But have you actually seen them yourself?

Vegeta wrote:
    I can't believe it. I worked down there (well, ITD) for coop and completely forgot about them. brings back memories of coming into work hungover, putting on my iPod and occasionally hiding in a cubicle for a quick snooze.

:D @ Vegeta

*Sigh* Fancy buying me one of these while you're on co-op? :D I'll love you forever 'n ever 'n ever 'n ever 'n EVER! And I'll promise not to slag off FF ever again in your presence! ;)

You'd have to marry me first for tax reasons:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭rmacm

Hmmm a new Audi or giving up the right to slag FF in ninety9er's presence.....I'd go with keeping my right to slag FF. And before anyone comes out with the obvious question of "What's the alternative?" my faith in politics/politicians in this country has been shaken enough to not like any one very much so any party is fair game.

apologies to kaimera for my not so subtle attempt at ****ting all over a thread I've been drinking and I'm in the mood for an argument :)

You'd have to marry me first for tax reasons:D:D

WAS THAT A PROPOSAL?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!? :eek:

Ummmmmmmmmmmmmm..........................................................

I accept :D

Come on, look at the car I'm gonna get!!

rmacm wrote: »
    apologies to kaimera for my not so subtle attempt at ****ting all over a thread I've been drinking and I'm in the mood for an argument :)

Rory I couldn't be arsed thinking up anything new since I silenced all critics on a fairly active thread 5 hours ago to which nobody has yet replied.
    Say what you will about Haughey as Taoiseach (and believe me I wasn't grieving when he died), but you cannot deny that as Minister for Finance he delivered a lot to the needy. We have engaged in a number of schemes that were radical and successful that nobody liked at the time

- Free travel was Haughey's
    - Electricity and phone allowances were Haughey's
    - Free Secondary Education was Donagh O'Malley's little secret
    - FF implemented many of the reforms of the 47 Health programme after the collapse of the Costello Govt. (as I believe Harney is too. You can't undo 40 years of damage in a decade!!)
    - Dempsey got the plastic bag levy right
    - Martin introduced the smoking ban
    - Contrary to common belief, the vast majority of large infrastructural projects are now coming in on time and underbudget. There have ben some glaring exceptions, but not one member of the cabinet is a f*ing architect or engineer, so don't try and blindside that achievement.
    - FF brought Ireland; the SSIA, the National Pension Reserve Fund, tax relief on pension contributions, electronic voting (which worked where it was tested btw), Shannon, the Early Childcare Payment.

Make no mistake, we've made mistakes, and for lack of a better way of putting it, I wouldn't trust any other party to fix them!!

We keep hearing about Charlie Haughey, Bertie Ahern, Liam Lawlor, Bev Flynn (who was only doing what she was f*ing told by her employers...as advisors in every other instututions were doing).

So if that's the best you can do I wager, Enda(I'll give up my teacher's salary after 30 years now that I'm the leader of FG and I was mugged in Kenya 20 years ago) Kenny.
    Michael Lowry, friend to Dermot Desmond. (and yes I am aware that he's on the Govt. benches as an ind now), Ciarán Cuffe of chemical fame, Mary Lou McDonald who carried the coffin of an IRA chief of staff and of course let us not forget the blood scandals of Michael Noonan.

These no more make any of those bad politicians, but they do prejudice us against them. It seems that all the other parties are too busy tearing us apart right now that that they wouldn't notice Enda Kenny, Eamon Gilmore, etc... raping a 14 year old during his speech at an Ard-Fheis

Tá brón orm Kai:o

WAS THAT A PROPOSAL?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!? :eek:

Ummmmmmmmmmmmmm..........................................................

I accept :D

Come on, look at the car I'm gonna get!!

You'd have to sign a pre-nup though...you go...bye-bye car:D:D I'll get to keep it.

Just how much do you think I'm gonna be earning on co op...it works out around €7.40 an hour!!! It's no gonna buy you a car unfortunately :(:(

You can always dream though...and next year is a leap year...:p:p

much better than study....I'll need a car for work if I fail these exams anyway:D:D

Please dont link me to carzone.....I still have my to finish preparing my essays:p

Why auto? and 2.2
    > Tax is gonna be a bit of a pain in the arse.

Oh ya defo agree there.....much better than exams!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭rmacm

Rory I couldn't be arsed thinking up anything new since I silenced all critics on a fairly active thread 5 hours ago to which nobody has yet replied.

Tá brón orm Kai:o

I was joking.....nice selective quoting btw :D I didn't read the thread you were referring to but if I work up the motivation to reply tomorrow I will although that's unlikely (a course on programming in assembly language for phone exchanges and drinking tends to sap your will to live much less the will to reply to posts on boards). I agree with you that Haughey had some measure of forward thinking alright and so does Harney despite the current controversies...the problems with Irish political system go a lot deeper than the current fun and games and all parties contribute to this imho not just FF.

• Advertisement

You'd have to sign a pre-nup though...you go...bye-bye car:D:D I'll get to keep it.

But once you'd have me you'd realise what you were missing all your life! You'd never wana let me go! But if we are going the pre-nup route, then I demand that it's upgraded every year as well so!
    Just how much do you think I'm gonna be earning on co op...it works out around €7.40 an hour!!! It's no gonna buy you a car unfortunately :(:(

She's only about €60K...sure at your pay rate that's like, just over 8000 hours
    and with a 40 hour week, you'll have enough saved in 200 weeks. So, keep your diaries free for 2012 everyone.

You can always dream though...and next year is a leap year...:p:p

And it just so happens that 2012 is a leap year, too ;)

Advertisement