Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The best thing about Christmas...

• 04-12-2007 2:55pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,297 ✭✭✭

..is that those big giant boxes of Snowballs are back! Yeay!
    Roll on the creamy little balls of chocolate coated unhealthiness, and then roll out the hoover to clean up all the coconut you got everywhere.

Whats the ultimate Christmas snack? I go with Snowballs.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,085 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Cadbury's Roses definitely. Those things are class.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Choc Mallows.... the old type anyway.
    The past few years, they've changes the mixture and they're pants!!
    The Milka Mallows are the nearest to the old mixture and are scrummy!

The big tins of Roses used to be lovely, before they got rid of coffee cremes and lots of the lovely ones.

A big box of assorted Thorntons toffees is a new winner over the past few years for me :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

Roses, selection boxes (cadbury's ones) and BOXES of Tayto!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Pigletlover

Tunnock's teacakes mmmmm...
    Archeron wrote: »
    ..is that those big giant boxes of Snowballs are back! Yeay!
    Roll on the creamy little balls of chocolate coated unhealthiness, and then roll out the hoover to clean up all the coconut you got everywhere.

Whats the ultimate Christmas snack? I go with Snowballs.

I got a box of those Snowballs the other day and I was not impressed. The filling was more like chewy marshmallow than the light fluffy 'stuff' it should be :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭homah_7ft

Oh yeah I love those snowballs at christmas. I think there might be two brands. I seem to just instinctively pick the right one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,297 ✭✭✭Archeron

olaola wrote: »

Heh heh. The only time of the year its acceptable to buy things in Box form!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

Cadbury's Roses definitely. Those things are class.
    +++++++++1

Definately, the best part of Christmas :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Roses have taken a turn for the worst, I reckon.
    Selection boxes=:D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

defo boxed stuff, boxes of taytos, selection boxes, boxes of double centre, BOXES OF SCOTS CLAN mmmmmmmmmmmm

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

The fact that my dad's a GP and all his patients give him either alcohol or chocolate. Mmmm... Or the giant hamper a loaded friend of the family sends every year. It's crammed full of good stuff!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭europerson

Mince pies and Christmas pudding. It's that simple.

• Registered Users Posts: 987 ✭✭✭ekevosu

olaola wrote: »

yep agree here. We also get a tin of biscuits, only time of the year we would buy one. That tin with the chocolate biscuit with the jam star on it whatever that was called?

ekevosu wrote: »
    yep agree here. We also get a tin of biscuits, only time of the year we would buy one. That tin with the chocolate biscuit with the jam star on it whatever that was called?

Jacobs Elite???

homah_7ft wrote: »
    Oh yeah I love those snowballs at christmas. I think there might be two brands. I seem to just instinctively pick the right one.

Which ones do you get? I only seen one type, not sure of the brand, could be Caffrey's, they came in either a cardboard box or you could pay more for a 'stay fresh' plastic box, which I did :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 987 ✭✭✭ekevosu

Jacobs Elite???

jacobs afternoon tea are the ones

http://www.jacobfruitfield.com/brands/assortments/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭Fast_Mover

Big box of Scotts Clan..*drool*!!!:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Malteaser!

Hot mince pies or Christmas pudding with loads of cream....

Or else a big tin of celebrations, used to love Roses but like everything else that was once nice they're not so great any more, especially since they took the coffee one out!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 984 ✭✭✭cozmik

You can't beat a bit of Banoffi for pure indulgence mmmmm :)

banoffi.jpg

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

I never have the stomach for sweets at Xmas for some reason, maybe cause there's so much of it around, it's always when its all gone and there's not piece of chocolate in sight that I start craving the stuff :rolleyes:typical..

Advertisement