Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bike Pressure Washer's

Options
  • 04-12-2007 3:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭

am thinking of buying this:

http://www.ibood.com/site/eu/ibood.php

but would like peoples opinon as I dont know my pressure washer's that much.

opinions appreciated.

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

I was told by a friend that pressure washers are a bad idea as the grease in bearings can be easily removed and then water gets in instead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 378 ✭✭Bicyclegadabout

I’ve never used a pressure washer that I would call “reliable”, I’ve used a few. They seem to be designed to stop working of their own accord.
    That’s a decent price, though I’d rather use a little elbow grease.
    And anyway, you can use the pressure washer in the petrol station for free.

More importantly, I was advised to never ever EVER use pressure washers on a bike. It will rust instantaneously.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭DavyD_83

And anyway, you can use the pressure washer in the petrol station for free.

Really?? which petrol stations?:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 378 ✭✭Bicyclegadabout

DavyD_83 wrote: »
    Really?? which petrol stations?:confused:

All of them!
    Every petrol station has an air pump and a pressure washer, it's essential kit!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

It's best not to use one. You can screw up your headset, BB, hubs, basically anything that relies on grease as mentioned earlier.
    All you need is a damp cloth and some degreaser for the stubborn bits.
    Then dry it off afterwards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭niceonetom

bad idea.

i know from experience. i feiced up the bottom-bracket of a bike of mine a few years ago with a pressure washer, water got into the 'sealed' bearings and began to creak as soon as it dried out. has to get a new one (bb i mean, not bike), so lesson learned the hard way. bucket of hot soapy water, sponge and brush works fine for me.

Advertisement