Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car Meet or Go Karting.....

Options
  • 04-12-2007 3:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

Was just wondering is anyone up for a Boards meet or a Go-Karting night out in Early or Late January (Thur 18th or 25th jan just a suggestion as weekend might not suit everyone)

Let me know what you guys think, Where would suit for a meet and what go karting place is the best.Someone tried to arrange a meet before but i dont think it ever happened.

So anyway lets try and keep this thread short and to the point.

I think http://www.kylemore-karting.com/ or Mondello park go karting

Would try and keep it in Dublin, but it would depend on how many people live outside dublin.
    Any other suggestions welcome.

Which would you prefer? 3 votes

Car Meet
    0% 0 votes
    Go Karting
    100% 3 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭fletch

I'd definitely be up for the go-karting but it's a lot to organise
    Perhaps this track? I've never been
    http://www.kiltorcan.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭mthd

fletch wrote: »

really good track, been there a few times and it's always a good laugh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

I dont think it would be too much to organise, Its once we agree the date and how many people are available to go then money can be sent by paypal bank transfer etc.

We can get other websites like vagdrivers or even the bmw forum to make it abit more interesting.

mthd wrote: »
    really good track, been there a few times and it's always a good laugh

Its something like 50 euro which might be abit steep for people.It all depends on what people are willing to pay.

€50 is around the going rate for a grand prix at most Go-karting tracks. The briskoda guys have been to Midlans go karting in Edgeworthstown a few times and it's always a good laugh.

• Advertisement

Ok i think http://www.kiltorcan.com/ or http://www.kylemore-karting.com/

Has anyone been to mondello park.

The only problem i can see with kiltoran is we cant do it in weekdays as traffic will be a problem.

What do you guys think?

Kylemore might be a bit small given the potential numbers. The weekend would probably be the best alright as there would be less people working.

Kylemore might be a bit small given the potential numbers. The weekend would probably be the best alright as there would be less people working.

I will wait for afew more days to get some reply's.I think if weekend suits people then kiltorcan will be much better.

Lets see how we get on.In the mean time i will contact them for pricing.I think you are right fletch it will be around 50 euro for 1/2 hr race and a session of practice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

Kart City in Santry (north Dublin) would be a good place, if it hasn't been mentioned already. Their is also a paint ball course on the premises aswell.

http://www.kartcity.net/

Max_Damage wrote: »
    Kart City in Santry (north Dublin) would be a good place, if it hasn't been mentioned already. Their is also a paint ball course on the premises aswell.

http://www.kartcity.net/

It is good but the track isn't amazing.

• Advertisement

The few times I've been to Kartcity, it's been pretty poorly run and the karts were of a poor standard too

The few times I've been to Kartcity, it's been pretty poorly run and the karts were of a poor standard too
    Yep i would agree with you.When you are paying high price you expect high quality and service.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,736 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

poll added as requested.

kbannon wrote: »
    poll added as requested.

Thanks, but It actually looks like its going to be a go karting day out :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,071 ✭✭✭skibum

I wouldn't mind the drive from Bray to try the track in kiltorcan. Looks pretty good and well run from the website.

skibum wrote: »
    I wouldn't mind the drive from Bray to try the track in kiltorcan. Looks pretty good and well run from the website.

Same as myself, I only live in cherrywood.On a saturday it should take about 1.5 hrs to get to.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭PaulKK

Ive been to Kiltorcan a few times, if you get a nice gang going you can use the larger track wich is quite good, although the smaller one is good also. The place is well run and the karts are of a good standard. It takes about half an hour or so to get there from Kilkenny city.

I did the grand prix with a few lads from work and it was always a good laugh.

PaulKK wrote: »
    Ive been to Kiltorcan a few times, if you get a nice gang going you can use the larger track wich is quite good, although the smaller one is good also. The place is well run and the karts are of a good standard. It takes about half an hour or so to get there from Kilkenny city.

I did the grand prix with a few lads from work and it was always a good laugh.

Yeah we will hopefully get a large crowd.Thats why im going to wait and see how many people are interested.We have to be on the good track or else whats the point going out :)

Ok please copy this names list and add your name.We need a list of people interested in going.No dates are confirmed yet

Drdre
    Fletch

So is anyone else up for the go karting trip.
    I think it would be 15th or 22nd or 29th Jan (saturday)

What date suits you.

• Advertisement

Looks like it's just you and me dre! ;)

Seriously though, it's probably not a great time of year to organise something like this, what with Christmas just around the corner and the dodgy weather.

Looks like it's just you and me dre! ;)

Seriously though, it's probably not a great time of year to organise something like this, what with Christmas just around the corner and the dodgy weather.

Ah ok, Good suggestion but we are looking for January which the weather should be getting better.Another site is organising one indoors for the end of January so once thats set up i might just advertise it here and it will be more fun with loads of people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭C_Breeze

Lets meet in a tesco car park and do Donuts & Burnouts

C_Breeze wrote: »
    Lets meet in a tesco car park and do Donuts & Burnouts

No this is going to be a respectful day off.No looney's like you and as mentioned keep this thread short and to the point.Not like you posting comments on every thread.Now leave it at that ok.

So is anyone interested in a go-karting trip in Mid Jan.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭HungryJoey

I'd be interested. Put my name down and I have another boardsie that would probably go too.

"Hungryjoey"
    "Cabla"

Will get back for definete. I have to confirm.

Hj

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

I'd be willing on a weekend....getting into Dublin from the M7 would be disastrous any weeknight. Plus the afterwoprk idea only runs if there's a floodlit venue.

Ok guys excellent, keep on putting you names down and after christmas i will get some prices.It should be around 50 euro for a full grand prix.Should be a good day out but we need around 20-30 people minimum to have a good day out.

So come on and spread the word...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭afatbollix

im interested... maybe post on our motorsport forum????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,071 ✭✭✭skibum

The Rage offroad buggies in this place looks like the mutts nuts!. Bit of a hike to Cavan though.

Advertisement