Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Skip bags make great bike covers!

• 04-12-2007 3:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭

I saw a company handing these out free today at the Square, they make a ideal bike covers.......as long as it dosent get collected and dumped by the same company!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 194 ✭✭Sputnik

Yea, until it melts all over your engine or exhaust.

Edit: Wait, it's not regular plastic is it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Sputnik wrote: »
    Yea, until it melts all over your engine or exhaust.

Edit: Wait, it's not regular plastic is it.
    Thats if your stupid enough to put it on over a roasting exhaust, any bike cover will melt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

I had a green canvas one, really old skool , it never melted the exhaust.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 194 ✭✭Sputnik

Yeah canvas would be fine. I've seen goo all over the exhaust after people have thrown random crap over the bike. Not pretty.
    Thats if your foolish enough to put it on over a roasting exhaust, any bike cover will melt.

Some of the better ones can withstand very high temperatures. Of course that means spending more then a tenner at lidl.

Advertisement