Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ernie Ball

Options
  • 04-12-2007 3:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 410 ✭✭

There is absolutely no reason why his thread should have been locked.

Alot of what he was saying was essentially true, no one could adequately refute it imo.

Hmmm so the thread was locked .....
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

It was turning into a pointless flame war of course it should have been locked.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Vorsprung

You're just going to be asked to take it to Feedback.

Can't disagree with the lock myself, and can't disagree with this being locked either, which will happen within the next 30 mins I reckon!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

this being locked either, which will happen within the next 30 mins I reckon!
    No, as a firm believer in the merits of free speech I'm going to move this to feedback.

For those not aware which thread is being referenced, it's this one.

Also, for the record, the thread title was placed there by me after I split it from another, doomed, thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Raphael wrote: »
    No, as a firm believer in the merits of free speech I'm going to move this to feedback.

Boards.ie 101:
    There is no free speech!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭Procasinator

6th wrote: »

Boards.ie 101:
    There is no free speech!

That's simply not true. Ban him!

• Advertisement
  • Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

All the most important things I learned in college I learned while trying to avoid learning important things.

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Ernie Ball

I think it was a fair ban. Can't let any free thinking break out in the UCD forum.

I thank the jackbooted mod for making my point about anti-intellectualism at UCD much more effectively than I ever could.

Slave morality, indeed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Hey! I'll have you know these are Doc Martens buddy!

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭lizzyvera

I agreed with what he said too, but I don't think he's a real person. I think he's in character and just likes winding people up.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

This thread is useless without links and/or pictures.

edit: Found it -> http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055193594

• Advertisement

biko wrote: »
    This thread is useless without links and/or pictures.

edit: Found it -> http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055193594

See also post #4 for the same link.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Myth wrote: »
    See also post #4 for the same link.
    Ah, my special glasses caused me to miss that, thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭stolenwine

Although I don't agree with everything Ernie has to say I think in past threads he has made some good points about academic life in ucd. God knows although I know the end of the thread was a joke we need counter arguments for the "bebo lol crowd."

Advertisement