Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

W960 and Google Maps MyLocation

• 04-12-2007 4:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭

Anyone know if google mylocation will be available on the w960. I think i read that it doesnt support the UIQ interface ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭neilled

At present its not that accurate and nor does it work in many parts of the country anway!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,117 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

I think the accuracy is mostly down to which network you are on, although it will clearly be better anyway if you are in a city where there are more masts to triangulate your position from. I've not been getting any location fixes from the three network yet around Dublin but a friend on vodafone has been getting a location fix.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

gave google map's mylocation a shot in the US this week and it was accurate to about 2 or 3 blocks... so it is a rough guide at best... compared to a 'proper' gps with nokia maps which was accurate to < 5 meters and that's was downtown with skyscrapers dotted about...

Advertisement