Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Broadband

Options
  • 04-12-2007 4:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭

OK I just moved house and having ericom broadband in my old house I thought it would just be a simple case of bringing my netopia modem and giving them a call to upgrade the number but they have informed me it will take two weeks:eek: Two bloody weeks?

Anyway I am lost without the net and I tried to just connect my computer to the phone line and get dial up but I had no look(I thought you could do this:confused:)

Anyway what I want to know is does anyway know of anyway I could speed the process up or anything I could do to tide me over for the next two weeks...Id even settle for dial up. Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

You could get a two week trial of 3's mobile broadband and then bring it back when after 13 days or so.

Note: this maybe more painful than having no service.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Analogue Modem
    Create a Dialup Connection in Networking
    1891 150 150
    In Networking Properties
    PPP:Windows 95/98/NT4/2000, Internet
    Tick Internet Protocol (Properties all Automatic)
    Untick everything else

You need a user name & password. I forget what that is for Eircom Dialup :) It's "free" as you pay for the calls.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

Any of your neighbours have wireless? If so ask can you piggy back off them for a few days, or just piggy back of them anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭Running Bing

watty wrote: »
    Analogue Modem
    Create a Dialup Connection in Networking
    1891 150 150
    In Networking Properties
    PPP:Windows 95/98/NT4/2000, Internet
    Tick Internet Protocol (Properties all Automatic)
    Untick everything else

You need a user name & password. I forget what that is for Eircom Dialup :) It's "free" as you pay for the calls.

This sounds good. Can I just ring eircom and ask for the password or will they give me another, yes that will be right out to you in two weeks?:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭mickzer

AFAIK you don't need a password with Eircom dial-up and I think the number is 1892150150. HTH .

mickzer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

mickzer wrote: »
    AFAIK you don't need a password with Eircom dial-up and I think the number is 1892150150. HTH .

mickzer.
    Yes, it's 1892 150 150. Any username and password seems to work as you've said.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭Running Bing

Cheers for the help lads.

Got home tonight to give it a go, fired up the computer and I noticed I had a solid green DSL light:D Result. Im a happy man. Thanks anyway:)

Advertisement