Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Xbox Clock Question

• 04-12-2007 4:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,258 ✭✭✭✭

I know its a bit of a dumb question, but when i turn on my Xbox the time and date revert back to 22/11/2005 12pm. I have changed it to the correct time on serveral occasions but it keeps reseting back again when ever it been off and i have turned it back on.

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,117 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Are you connected to Live at all?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Aye, that's one of the annoying features of the xbox and again with the xbox 360.
    If you unplug it from the wall, the time and date will be reset. the only way to keep it correct is to either keep the machine plugged it, or to have it connected to xbox live (it'll update automatically then after you've switched it on)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,258 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Not not connected yet to Live and I switch it off at the wall in the evening

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Sounds possibly like the BIOS Battery might be knackered? (At least that's what I would think if it was a PC behaving like this).

Sounds possibly like the BIOS Battery might be knackered? (At least that's what I would think if it was a PC behaving like this).

Nah, It's just the unfathomable logic of MS... the 360 doesn't have one:p
    It'll be the same with any 360 if you switch it off at the wall

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,117 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

tman wrote: »
    Nah, It's just the unfathomable logic of MS... the 360 doesn't have one:p
    Whats the point in wasting money on a battery to keep the time when it's meant to be connected to the Live network all the time I guess was their thinking.

I'm just surprised that they haven't released an external battery and charged €60 for it

They knew full well that it was an issue with the original xbox, I think it's fairly shameful to cut that corner again this time around. It's fairly annoying for me whenever I have to move my 360 downstairs to play it on the tv anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭WellyJ

Hmmm

How come when I brought mine to Holland last month i didnt need to do any of this?

And i wasnt on Live over there at all?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭Keith186

WellyJ wrote: »
    Hmmm

How come when I brought mine to Holland last month i didnt need to do any of this?

And i wasnt on Live over there at all?

Because (a) you took some shrooms and none of that really happened or (b) your just special...

Please send answers on a post to boards.ie and include a SAE

Hehe, I was thinking along the lines of (a) as well, but didn't want to risk insulting poor Welly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭WellyJ

Haha,

Well i plugged it in before even leaving the hotel so it can't be that :D

Advertisement