Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Man dies nine days after Waterford party

• 04-12-2007 4:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭

One of the two men who have been in a coma following a house party in Waterford nine days ago has died.

Kevin Doyle, 21, died in Waterford Regional Hospital this afternoon.

His life support machine was turned off shortly after midday.

Mr Doyle, who is from Viewmount, and 23-year-old John Grey from Ballybeg were both admitted to hospital after falling ill at a party in the early hours of 25 November.

Mr Grey remains in a critical condition.

http://www.rte.ie/news/2007/1204/waterford.html

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭ex_infantry man

DonJose wrote: »
    One of the two men who have been in a coma following a house party in Waterford nine days ago has died.

Kevin Doyle, 21, died in Waterford Regional Hospital this afternoon.

His life support machine was turned off shortly after midday.

Mr Doyle, who is from Viewmount, and 23-year-old John Grey from Ballybeg were both admitted to hospital after falling ill at a party in the early hours of 25 November.

Mr Grey remains in a critical condition.

http://www.rte.ie/news/2007/1204/waterford.html
    may he rest in peace

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭somebaldyfela

may he rest in peace

r.i.p poor young fellow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,574 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

RIP

Such a tragedy to lose one so young, and all the more harder at this time of year.

My thoughts with his family and friends and those of the other chap still critical in hospital

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

I don't know I find it hard to feel sorry for him and the other people involved, call me cold hearted but there were all doing drugs.. cocaine which is illegal and they died from it so there own fault really..

My friend does cocaine hes 17 if he dies its his own fault aswell.. My friends and I always tell him its stupid and pointless but hes the same as everyone else "**** off boi!!!! its some BUZZ!!!" I just hope this knocks sense into these people before they even think about taking the stuff.

Thats just my opinion sorry if it offends

<snip - stupid comment to make in a public forum>

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

dazftw wrote: »
    I don't know I find it hard to feel sorry for him and the other people involved, call me cold hearted but there were all doing drugs.. cocaine which is illegal and they died from it so there own fault really..

My friend does cocaine hes 17 if he dies its his own fault aswell.. My friends and I always tell him its stupid and pointless but hes the same as everyone else "**** off boi!!!! its some BUZZ!!!" I just hope this knocks sense into these people before they even think about taking the stuff.

<snip - stuped comment removed>

please just leave this thread to people who want to offer there sympathy-- theres another thread about this where you can post things like that.

deepest sympathy to the family..rip

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭paul666

emo!! wrote: »
    please just leave this thread to people who want to offer there sympathy-- theres another thread about this where you can post things like that.

deepest sympathy to the family..rip
    +1
    poor guy may he rest in peace

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,574 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

dazftw wrote: »

<snip - removed stupid comment>

Please lets not get into all that all over again. A young man has lost his life and there are family and friends grieving for him. Another young man is critically ill in hospital.

Some respect for the deceased, the sick, the family and friends is not too much to ask for surely?

As for rumour and speculation, well that is just pure bad taste and poor form

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

The discussion on the issue has been done and dusted. Lets leave it at that please lads. Any further comments will be removed.

Ill leave this thread for people who wish to pass on their condolences to the friends and family.

May Kevin R.I.P. I am deeply sadened that such a young chap, who has only recently overcome a battle of cancer and was not a regular drug user could die like this. It really is depressing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

Rest In Peace

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

Sorry didn't mean to offend! Sorry also didn't see the other thread just came into the forum and saw this one..

Its pretty sad this side of Christmas though, hope the family are well and having support from each other as im sure they will and alot of the public will!

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,813 ✭✭✭themadchef

Deepest sympathy to the family. Never a good time of year to lose a loved one and particularly awful just before Christmas.

R.I.P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭deisemum

May he rest in peace.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭nicnicnic

A tragedy, I feel a lot of sympathy for both young men and there family's

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

RIP - I heard he was a decent lad. People make mistakes in life - I doubt any of us on here are saints. It's going to be a tough christmas for the family. Let's lose this sarky told you so attitude, it's childish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭flonge

R.I.P
    My deepest sympathies goes out to his family and friends. Never a good time of year to lose a loved one and particularly awful just before Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Danes

This boy is the same age as my eldest son and my heart breaks for his parents and other family members. The circumstances are irrelevant now. RIP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Regardless of what mistakes he made and what some people think of what he did, the fact is that his family are now left without their child and my sincerest condolences go out to them.

May he rest in peace.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭Freddie59

Regardless of what mistakes he made and what some people think of what he did, the fact is that his family are now left without their child and my sincerest condolences go out to them.

May he rest in peace.

Ditto. May God be with his family at this dark time. R.I.P.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭timmywex

RIP, condolences to family and friends,

unfortunately, ive very reliably heard the second man is in a bad state (this info came from the garda comp system btw, about the cond of the man)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 72 ✭✭antog86

I would like to express my sorrow to the family and friends of the young guy.

However, as the other thread is now locked i would like to say something. A very close friend of mine died from cancer just over a year ago. I understand and have felt the effects this disease has on families. To think that this young guy had survived such a battle and would then go ahead and dabble with drugs as he did is beyond belief. A blatant disregard for his own life and the feelings and efforts of his family and the doctors and anyone else that had supported him and got him through a difficult time.

Neverthless, everyone deserves a second chance when they make a mistake.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 497 ✭✭FranchisePlayer

antog86 wrote: »
    I would like to express my sorrow to the family and friends of the young guy.

. A very close friend of mine died from cancer just over a year ago. I understand and have felt the effects this disease has on families. To think that this young guy had survived such a battle and would then go ahead and dabble with drugs as he did is beyond belief. A blatant disregard for his own life and the feelings and efforts of his family and the doctors and anyone else that had supported him and got him through a difficult time.

Neverthless, everyone deserves a second chance when they make a mistake.
    I agree man because the same happened to me but the person who died of this awful disease was not just my close friend he was my only brother be in a year the 21st of this month:(:(:(
    But I still wonder why would the man who had gone through a horrendus time would do this is really tragic tbh

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Lads, no discussion please. We had a descussion and an admin decided it was best closed. So, im afraid, RIP comments only please. Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

RIP to all involved. It was a terrible loss to suffer this time of the year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭Dac51

The second man in a coma has died in the past hour. May he rest in peace.

http://www.rte.ie/news/2007/1208/waterford.html

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Jeapy

Im so sad to hear this. My thoughts are with both families. RIP guys.

Dac51 wrote: »
    The second man in a coma has died in the past hour. May he rest in peace.

http://www.rte.ie/news/2007/1208/waterford.html

New topic started. :)

Advertisement