Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cake shops for Birthday Cakes

• 04-12-2007 4:43pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭

Can anyone recommend a good cake shop in Dublin city centre? To buy a birthday cake, to feed a large number of people.

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭Poppers1888

Annes bakery - just down bottom of henry street on Mary Street across from Jervis st shopping centre - used to do lovely cakes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

Marks & Spencers do decent cakes.
    Superquinn do lovely fresh cream ones, but if you're limited to city - I'd head over to Avoca. They have some really very good cakes in there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭donaghs

Thanks, finally ordered a cake in the Dome at the top of Stephen's Green Centre.

Tried the Leon place on Wicklow street on recommendation. The guy working there seemed to have good English but didn't seem to understand the concept of getting a cake made for me, and then me calling in two days time and picking it up. He was very keen for me to buy a pastry and coffee and sit down at a table. Eventually a waitress was able to help, said they did make cakes for take away, and asked for my details so that someone would call me back to get more details. They didn't call back! :rolleyes:

Tried the Dome restaurant just before it closed for the evening. The first guy also seemed to understand what I was saying, hesitated for a while, and then said the cakes were not for sale "take-away". You had to eat them in the restaurant. I was running out of time and patience so I asked could he get someone else to confirm this. His colleague then said they did provide this service, and very helpfully showed me a list of cakes, size and prices. They also allow you to specify the date you need them and pay upon collection. Hooray!:)

Advertisement