Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Poor connection problem resolved

• 04-12-2007 6:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭

I have eircom broadband, the router is in the hall at the front of the house im in a back bedroom, ever since I got it I had connection problems, I was forever dropping off the network it was a real pain in the ass, I just had a bog standard wireless card. Anyways I got sick of it and decided I'd throw some money at the problem, I was gonna buy one of those big antennas but I don't know much about wireless and figured I'd just buy the wrong thing so I had a look on Komplett to see what they had. They actually have quite the range of wireless cards, loads of them in fact. I went for the Linksys Wireless-G Business PCI Adapter with RangeBooster http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.aspx?sku=334602. It stood out cause it has two big ass antennas so I figured this has to be better than my crappy card and it is, it's well better in fact, connection strength has gone from 2 bars out of five at the best of times to a solid four woot and my connection has never dropped once since I installed it. If you have a poor connection I'd highly recommend it, it is quite expensive though at 73 yoyos.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

do you have the exact version/revision number of the card?
    Just wondering if it'd work with Linux & Vista. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

um on the box it says model number wmp200-eu

Advertisement