Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Farmers Market's in Cork???

Options
  • 04-12-2007 6:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi,

I'm a lover of the Farmer's market in midleton on Sats, but unfortunately work most Sats & can't make the one in Mahon Pt on Thurs either! Anyone got any info on any other markets? Cheers!

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,708 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

there might be one in ucc on a monday, but most of them wouldb e on sat. think there's another sat one in douglas.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,251 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

there is one in ucc, only 3 or 4 stalls though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 barriet

There's a good few now around cork. i do mahon, thurs 10 - 2 and midleton sat 9.30 - 1.30, great markets too.

We started an Evening Market in outside Blackpool shopping centre, Fri 1 - 8pm. Good selection of stalls. O'Connails Chocolate, Green Safron Spices & Curries, Mark The Cheeseman, loads of hot food and hot drinks and of course organic and local veg.

We have live music every week and will soon have cooking demonstrations and hope to host some community events.

Hope you can make it down on Friday

tomas.jpg
    wcgd.jpg
    kidney.jpg
    markcheese2.jpg
    marketgroup2.jpg
    Banner-Willieetc2.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

I went to the farmer's market in Midleton one day, I have to say I wasn't impressed. I'd wonder how many of the stallholders were farmers and how many were chancers.

Why three question marks btw? One wasn't enough? Should we answer three times?

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭LilMrsDahamsta

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

There's one in Mahon Point doing 'organic' and 'slow food'. I forgot my hippy taser, so I couldn't go there.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

There is also one on Patrick Street on certain Sunday mornings (don't know when exactly, I was only there once..sorry!).

It was pretty good but given the amount of farmers markets popping up I can't help but wonder how much of this is a scam and how much is legit.

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭Dimitri

There is one on in carrigaline either tuesday or wednesday morning, scam or genuine the food is generally of the highest quality and well worth the look in, especially the bread and cheese if your like me and cannot stand the sight of more sliced pan and easy singles!

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭lostinsuperfunk

Coal Quay, Saturday morning (so I've heard).
    There also used to be one in Douglas, in the park near the national school on either Saturday or Sunday mornings.

[edit : redundant post, everything you need is on that irelandmarkets.com website posted above. Douglas market is on Saturdays]

Advertisement