Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Worst car park-nominations please

Options
  • 04-12-2007 6:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭

Why are shopping centre car parks so badly planned. You drive in and cannot find the way out. The one I hate most is Airside. Every row is marked 'exit', so you follow the arrows and meet a dead end. You have to watch where the cars are coming in to find the actual road.Don't get me started on Donaghmede Shopping Centre. Drives me crazy!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭uglyjohn

i dont know about that one, but i have the imc dun laoghaire car park. its so feckin' hard to drive around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭ojewriej

uglyjohn wrote: »
    i dont know about that one, but i have the imc dun laoghaire car park. its so feckin' hard to drive around.

Couldn't agree more, scratched my car there the day i bought it.
    It's way too tight.

I hate the car park in St Stephen's green shopping centre as well

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

jos28 wrote: »
    The one I hate most is Airside. Every row is marked 'exit', so you follow the arrows and meet a dead end
    Every row isn't marked 'EXIT' but I agree it is a bit confusing. They should have a large overhead gantry type sign over the actual exits.

Car park A in Dublin Airport is very tight especially for the more generously proportioned cars! :D

BentleyContinentalGT04D60000.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Off the top of my head, that one in Werburgh St, the multi storey is very tight to get around in. I must vote the Parnell st park as one of the better ones, easy to get around and less chance of collision.

Another is that new one in charlestown, finglas. The underground one is fine but the ground level one is very dangerous when doing turns, wouldn't surprise me if there are daily hits and near misses there!

The most annoying one is the dundrum centre one(underground), your tyres and everyone elses skid on that surface!

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭cor

Donaghmede has to be the worst carpark I've come across.

Last Saturday afternoon I was parked on the 3rd level of the multi-storey carpark in the Blanch centre. I spent 50 minutes getting out of the carpark.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

cor wrote: »
    Donaghmede has to be the worst carpark I've come across.

Last Saturday afternoon I was parked on the 3rd level of the multi-storey carpark in the Blanch centre. I spent 50 minutes getting out of the carpark.

Oh yeh, forgot about that place.

Nothings changed in years, i've always gone off-peak there and even been more careful going upto xmas with my visits!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Jay D

M50

• Closed Accounts Posts: 596 ✭✭✭hottstuff

I hate carparks period!!
    No matter how big the space there's always one loose kid with mummy or daddy that bashes the door or trolley off yours!!!:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭jos28

Jay D wrote: »
    M50
    Nice one !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

The car park in Setanta Place, Molesworth Street is like a rats maze.
    One of the most bizarre and ill-designed car parks I've ever been in.

It's more like a office buildings own car park than a public car park.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

The car park in Setanta Place, Molesworth Street is like a rats maze.
    One of the most bizarre and ill-designed car parks I've ever been in.
    I'd forgotton about that one. It's a dump alright! :(

School House Lane is a better option if you're in that area. It's a bit cramped but clean, well lit and staffed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

worst park... someone already said m50 , so ima say everywhere from 5:00 am till 4:59am :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

Jay D wrote: »
    M50
    The M50 isn't a car park.

You can leave a car park...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Parked in Drury St a while back, an almighty kip.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭ian_m

keano_afc wrote: »
    Parked in Drury St a while back, an almighty kip.

Why so?

Advertisement