Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Where is best to go for cheap snow!

• 04-12-2007 6:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭

Hello me and y friends are planning on going snowboarding after chrsitmas. We were thinking of getting a cheap package as we did that about 3 years ago in Andorra and it worked out well.

My friend was supposed to organise it by the end of October before the prices started to jack up but everytime I asked him about it he would say he will sort it.

Safe to say he hasnt and I really just want to book it before its too late and we miss the season and its too dear.

We were thinking of just heading to Andorra again but just heard from someone it is dodgy for snow this year as it is not high enough altitude.

Anyone have any opinion on this or recomend a place to go for cheap with a fair chance of snow?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Hello me and y friends are planning on going snowboarding after chrsitmas. We were thinking of getting a cheap package as we did that about 3 years ago in Andorra and it worked out well.

My friend was supposed to organise it by the end of October before the prices started to jack up but everytime I asked him about it he would say he will sort it.

Safe to say he hasnt and I really just want to book it before its too late and we miss the season and its too dear.

We were thinking of just heading to Andorra again but just heard from someone it is dodgy for snow this year as it is not high enough altitude.

Anyone have any opinion on this or recomend a place to go for cheap with a fair chance of snow?

Cheers
    Hmm, I don't know anyone that has been to Andorra this year but I haven't heard any complaints about the snow. It was a big issue last year (but Andorra wasn't alone) but I've heard from anyone that's gone away this season that conditions are fairly good so far.

Here are some webcams of the resorts in Andorra:

http://andorramania.com/andorrawebcams/pal.php

But again I don't know anyone that's been to Andorra yet this year, so maybe some other boards folk have been and have a better idea.

Failing that, Livigno is a good option. Tax free like Andorra. Plus, about 85% of this board are going this season ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭tywy

w00t! I'm part of that 85%!

Livigno is supposedly better than Andorra, haven't been to Andorra but from what I hear...

Advertisement