Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ATM's

• 04-12-2007 7:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 321 ✭✭

Do any of them ever have twenty euro notes forty in the account and have to walk home:mad::mad:

lol and while im giving out bike got nicked security staff doing nothing everyone iv been talking to knows someone who's had one takin is there a racket going on or something :(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭Lands Leaving

You should have tried either the bank of Ireland at the montrose or the atm behind the student centre. Both nearly always have 20's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

Student centre atm only had 50s today. The AIB one had 20's though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

I remember the day when the finance officer used to do something about the atms...
    *grumble*

Ah harking back to the times when the finance officer actually knew that they were said officer and on exec.....

Thems were the days.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,770 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

I find the whole ATM situation highly annoying...never can i get 20's, always 50's...makes me spend it quicker

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭MuddyDog

the atm on centra does 20's always....but it usually only works half the day so it's a chance going there....but if you're desperate i'd give it a go. my friend had a bike stolen too from roebuckingham

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

The other option is to go into the AIB and queue, assuming you're an AIB customer.

I got 20s from the AIB branch ATM at around 7pm today. No queue at that time, either.

Almost lost my money due to the wind though.

Myth wrote: »
    Almost lost my money due to the wind though.

poor pizza delivery guys....hope they don't get blown off their bikes. my food was meant to be here 10 minutes ago :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭tywy

don't forget the post office, if the restaurant ATM doesn't have 20s go into the post office, that's what I do! Have to be an AIB customer tho I think...

• Advertisement

They're woeful for getting lost these days, especially if you're in Roebuck Hall, i'ts been here a full year and they still can't find it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭Tá Mé Gaeilge

bike situation is a joke- mine was robbed on the 2nd day of college in first year- what a crap way to start UCD- i was told UCD is the worst place for bike robbing in Ireland-

get a second hand bike with loadsa scratches or make scratches/ spraypaint it yourself- then it can't be stolen to be resold- that's what i did and happy days

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,556 ✭✭✭MizzLolly

p_larkin99 wrote: »
    I find the whole ATM situation highly annoying...never can i get 20's, always 50's...makes me spend it quicker

Here, here! There's almost never any 20's! And fair enough there are in centra or whatever but if there are bank machines closer to us we should be able to use them. Geez I'm broke :( Hahaha... but taking out 50 at a time doesn't exactly help me save! :D

doesn't it cost something stupid like 16c everytime you withdraw from an atm? so financially speaking, it would make more sense to withdraw more each time you go. UCD obv has the best interests of students at heart :D

Pretty much all the banks iirc do transaction fee free banking for students as standards - I've never been charged anyways!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

bike situation is a joke- mine was robbed on the 2nd day of college in first year- what a crap way to start UCD- i was told UCD is the worst place for bike robbing in Ireland-

get a second hand bike with loadsa scratches or make scratches/ spraypaint it yourself- then it can't be stolen to be resold- that's what i did and happy days

Where do you lock it up? Ive never had a bike stolen and I feel its very safe where i place it

Mine was stolen at the bike racks between quinn and engineering block. Anywhere where a car can gain access is unsafe in my opinion. I know somebody who has had 3 bikes stolen in UCD - one each year

i use a black c*ck lock to tie my bike to a railing. nobody breaks black c*ck locks without a chainsaw or something similar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 825 ✭✭✭MatthewVII

I've had two bikes stolen in my history at UCD. I'm now considering splashing out for a proper kryptonite lock for my third to thwart even the most insistent bike thieves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 321 ✭✭Bluefox21

MatthewVII wrote: »
    I've had two bikes stolen in my history at UCD. I'm now considering splashing out for a proper kryptonite lock for my third to thwart even the most insistent bike thieves.
    me and my cousin are both first years and our bikes got taken in the first three weeks :mad::mad: seems like they use hand held angle grinders.....

• Advertisement

It's particularly popular to nick them on a saturday afternoon.

My bike was unfortunately lost. Yes lost, not stolen, lost.

MatthewVII wrote: »

good idea. them black co*k locks are impenetrable.

It's particularly popular to nick them on a saturday afternoon.

My bike was unfortunately lost. Yes lost, not stolen, lost.

how did u lose it? there's only so many bike racks in ucd and how drunk were you

I was sober but abroad. A friend borrowed it from UCD and left it at a mates house, when i went ot get it, it wasn't there.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

I wonder who you would contact to report abandoned bicycles. Theres 2 bikes near the rack nearest the sports centre that havent moved since September

They go around during the summer and take them away afaik, services go around and see what ones are there, then they come back a few days later and if they haven't moved they're removed.

UCD Bike Thread Maybe?!! or rather UCD Stolen Bike thread?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 321 ✭✭Bluefox21

MuddyDog wrote: »
    UCD Bike Thread Maybe?!! or rather UCD Stolen Bike thread?

ha ok il edit the title ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

my brother lost the key to his bicycle lock. Im kind of scared by how easy it was to remove the lock in broad day light.
    Different brother did have a bike nicked.

I lost my bike, got really annoyed then found it the next day. Just when you hear of so many getting nicked I gave up immediately when it wasnt the first place I expected it to be.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

Just decorate it to look crap. Like one guy I remember 2 years ago painted his whole bike black, and then put a load of reflective tape through the spokes. Looked really class but pretty crap bike wise... couldn't go stealing that now!

Advertisement